Gimbal speed
4572 21 2016-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johny.hinchliff
New
United Kingdom

Hi

I have just recievd my Mavic Pro and all the tutorial videos on youtube show decreasing the gimbal wheel speed via the Control settings at the top.
It appears it isnt there anymore due to an update and it isnt in the gimbal settings either

Anyone figured out how to fix it?

Cheers
2016-12-20
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you have the Mavic on while you are trying to find the setting?
2016-12-20
Use props
FlyLight
lvl.2

Australia

It's in the Main Menu-->Camera settings-->Advanced Settings

I set mine to
EXP 10
Smoothness 20
pan-follow off.

The default settings seem WAAAAAY to fast for smooth shots.

Same goes for YAW, I turned  Yaw Movement Limit (in Sensitivity) to 60, Gain to 80% and expo to .15
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

For IOS
It is still there, (aircraft can be on or off)
From the Gimbal Settings, choose Advanced, then Gimbal Pitch EXP.
The Smoothness is the reaction when you let go or stop the wheel. You probably want some smoothness so when filming if you let go of the wheel or stop it, it makes a ease to stop movement instead of a abrupt stop.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-20 09:13
Do you have the Mavic on while you are trying to find the setting?

For IOS it can be on or off, the option is still there. Just need the aircraft on to see the results.For Android the aircraft needs to be on and the menu is a bit different.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlyLight Posted at 2016-12-20 16:47

I set mine to

Agree, you should have some expo and smoothness for smooth gimbal movement.
2016-12-20
Use props
Peut
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761181 ft
Netherlands

Changed this settings yesterday, quite an improvement
2016-12-20
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-20 15:55
It is still there, (aircraft can be on or off)
From the Gimbal Settings, choose Advanced, then Gimbal Pitch EXP.
The Smoothness is the reaction when you let go or stop the wheel. You probably want some smoothness so when filming if you let go of the wheel or stop it, it makes a ease to stop movement instead of a abrupt stop.

That's interesting.  With Go 4 on a Note 3 (approved device) I can only get into the camera settings when everything is powered on.  For me it's:

Main Menu -> Gimbal Settings -> Advanced Settings...

From there I don't have EXP or smoothness.  I have Gimbal Speed, Gimbal Tilt Limit, Gimbal Pan Synchronous Follow, and Gimbal Start/Stop Buffer

I've figured out what these are and how the correlate to what I've seen posted like what you describe but it sure would make things a lot easier if the menus and settings were named the same thing across platforms.

2016-12-20
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-20 17:56
It can be on or off, the option is still there. Just need the aircraft on to see the results.

Ken, that might be the situation on the iOS version but for me having an Android that section of the menu only appears when the Mavic is on and connected. As you can see from the images, when the Mavic is not connected the section with gimbal settings is not there. My phone was connected to the powered on RC for both screenshots.
Screenshot_20161220-225136.png
Screenshot_20161220-225210.png
2016-12-20
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-20 20:57
Ken, that might be the situation on the iOS version but for me having an Android that section of the menu only appears when the Mavic is on and connected. As you can see from the images, when the Mavic is not connected the section with gimbal settings is not there. My phone was connected to the powered on RC for both screenshots.

trance - do you have the same settings as me or do you have the expo and smoothness?
2016-12-20
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

colonel00 Posted at 2016-12-20 23:04
trance - do you have the same settings as me or do you have the expo and smoothness?

The only Expo settings I have are for the Mavic controls, not the gimbal. As far as smoothness goes there is nothing but there is a start stop adjustment for it which seems to be what they're are referring to above.
2016-12-20
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

It doesn't seem like the iOS and Android app developers talk to each other with all of the differences we seem to see. Either that or the Android version will be that way whenever they release the update that iOS has had for a couple days now.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

colonel00 Posted at 2016-12-20 21:26
That's interesting.  With Go 4 on a Note 3 (approved device) I can only get into the camera settings when everything is powered on.  For me it's:

Main Menu -> Gimbal Settings -> Advanced Settings...

I see, your on Android, what I posted was for IOS.
Sometimes features are not alike from IOS to Android.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-20 21:57

I understand, yes Android is not exactly the same as IOS.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-20 22:21
It doesn't seem like the iOS and Android app developers talk to each other with all of the differences we seem to see. Either that or the Android version will be that way whenever they release the update that iOS has had for a couple days now.

I think it's the way the apps are built, sometimes one will have more features than the other and parts of the app may work a little differently.
2016-12-20
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-20 21:43
I see, your on Android, what I posted was for IOS.
Sometimes features are not alike from IOS to Android.

Yeah.  I can understand some minor differences but settings menus and item names should be consistent.  Imagine how much confusion this can cause when someone tries to adjust a setting and it isn't there or worse, incorrectly adjusts a setting because it's inconsistent and this causes major issues or a crash.  Hopefully you can pass the word to the dev teams and this can be tidied up a bit.
2016-12-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

colonel00 Posted at 2016-12-20 23:26
Yeah.  I can understand some minor differences but settings menus and item names should be consistent.  Imagine how much confusion this can cause when someone tries to adjust a setting and it isn't there or worse, incorrectly adjusts a setting because it's inconsistent and this causes major issues or a crash.  Hopefully you can pass the word to the dev teams and this can be tidied up a bit.

It's always been like this and It may always be that way.
If you switch between IOS and Android you just have to know the difference (like the gimbal speed menu).
I don't think it's going to cause any crashes.
2016-12-21
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-21 06:57
It's always been like this and It may always be that way.
If you switch between IOS and Android you just have to know the difference (like the gimbal speed menu).
I don't think it's going to cause any crashes.

Perhaps but it still causes a lot of confusion.  Ken, you are great about providing answers to folks but many times those answers may only help half of the people and confuse the other half because what we see is different from what you see.  Not your fault but it causes confusion.  Just like above where you stated that the Mavic didn't have to be on.  Well, that left me quite confused when I couldn't find the settings until I turned my Mavic on.  Things like this will just lead to people thinking they have serious issues or defects and lots of unneeded help threads.

I'm just saying there should be some level of consistency.  I understand that there may always be some minor quirks but the core functionality, nomenclature and procedures should be the same on iOS and Android.
Oh, and it would be a really good suggestion for DJI to provide you guys with both iOS and Android devices so you have the necessary resources to see these differences as well.  I'm sure it's just as confusing to you when you tell someone that some setting is right there and they are saying it isn't.  Adding to that, it would be a really good forum addition for people to be able to add their mobile device info to their profile and have it show up in their user info.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

colonel00 Posted at 2016-12-21 08:04
Perhaps but it still causes a lot of confusion.  Ken, you are great about providing answers to folks but many times those answers may only help half of the people and confuse the other half because what we see is different from what you see.  Not your fault but it causes confusion.  Just like above where you stated that the Mavic didn't have to be on.  Well, that left me quite confused when I couldn't find the settings until I turned my Mavic on.  Things like this will just lead to people thinking they have serious issues or defects and lots of unneeded help threads.

I'm just saying there should be some level of consistency.  I understand that there may always be some minor quirks but the core functionality, nomenclature and procedures should be the same on iOS and Android.

I'm sorry and I should have stated that was on IOS.
And yes, good suggestion on the profile to state which system or both.
I edited my post.
2016-12-21
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

FlyLight Posted at 2016-12-20 17:47

I set mine to

Does turning pan-follow off make panning shots smoother, or less smooth?  I had assumed less-smooth, and hence didn't touch the default on this...
2016-12-21
Use props
Konkal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59423 ft
United States

FlyLight Posted at 2016-12-20 15:47

I set mine to

Why did you turn off your enable synchronize gimbal Panfilo?
I'm not even sure what that feature is
2017-1-1
Use props
Alan Geer
New

United States

I am using the android app, have tried both actually, and do not see a gimbal smoothness setting. I am bummed about that as the video is not smooth - wondering if there is an equivalent setting for android, or what those settings might be.  suggestions?  And btw - which app is best? the original or 4?
2017-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules