Using external mic on Facebook live
10485 9 2016-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MyNameIsFrazer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116247 ft
United States

So obviously when using Facebook live with any Dji product the audio is recorded through the phone. Is there a way to rig something where we can use an external mic to record through the phone. Anyone else tried this??
2016-12-20
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

You could go this route...  http://www.rode.com/videomicme?g ... WfN2x-chRoCMSfw_wcB
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes, you need some kind of external mic that can connect to your phone.
2016-12-21
Use props
BrokenTreeLeigh
New
Australia

The DJI Go app needs to be updated so it uses the external mic I've tried adding several different external mic solutions and nothing works!

PLEASE HELP

Is there a setting that can change this maybe???
2017-1-6
Use props
Feint
New

United States

If all you need is a wild track, I'd just use a sound recording app to record your audio, then switch to the DJI GO app and record your footage.  Then just use a clapper or clap your hands to sync the audio and video.  AudioRec is a good app for recording audio on your phone.

If you want anything higher quality, I'd use an external recorder.
2017-1-6
Use props
fans3932fcbb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26719 ft
United States

I've been researching this for a few weeks now and don't have a solution, I've bought an age 1 Zoom Mike and a TRS to TRS connector for it. It works when I use a recording program on the phone to record audio, however when I try to go live with Facebook, Facebook is defaulting to the internal mic on the smartphone. This apparently a Facebook issue. Still looking into it.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans3932fcbb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26719 ft
United States

*EDIT OF PREVIOUS POST I've been researching this for a few weeks now and don't have a solution, I've bought an H1 Zoom Mic and a TRS to TRRS connector for it. Using a stereo 1/8" cable to connect the H1 to an android with the TRS to TRRS adaptor works when I use a recording program on the phone to record audio, however when I try to go live with Facebook, Facebook is defaulting to the internal mic on the smartphone. So my conclusion is this is an issue with how facebook is choosing to source audio for live, and defaulting to the internal mic. Looking for solutions, as right now facebook live audio is not acceptable for live music performances... perhaps by design? I could imagine it would upset interested parties if people could live cast high quality sound of an expensive concert or show.
2017-4-27
Use props
PascalF
lvl.1
Canada

Feint Posted at 2017-1-6 13:13
If all you need is a wild track, I'd just use a sound recording app to record your audio, then switch to the DJI GO app and record your footage.  Then just use a clapper or clap your hands to sync the audio and video.  AudioRec is a good app for recording audio on your phone.

If you want anything higher quality, I'd use an external recorder.

Needs an extra step to sync sound and video, not a good solution for live videos on Facebook or YouTube... External audio source should be a native feature of the DJI GO app - allowing external mic access - wired or Bluetooth, (especially with the Osmo Mobile 2)... https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=148776
2018-5-19
Use props
Corey Ryan Jensen
New

United States

So apparently this is a spotty issue that’s been working on and off even with the correct gear . So some today have had success by starting live without anything plugged in .. letting it record for a second or two then plugging your gear in with which ever lightning adapter that allows usb and power etc .for some it switches over and recognizes ... for me I guess I barred myself from posting lives for who knows how long because I did so many freaking test samples today trying to get it to work .. I probably overloaded their severer allowance for one user even though I deleted each video .. another trick I didn’t have a chance to try that someone mentioned is .. that same process .. so letting it record a couple seconds then plugging in , then swipe down from the top right and bring down your little music widget and clicking on that small triangle that has a rainbow looking thing around it and hopefully you will see the option for which ever mixer you have and he said his worked .
2020-12-20
Use props
Rolfie1911
New

United Kingdom

The only way I have got this to work perfectly every time was to invest in an IK Multimedia iKlip A/V Broadcasting Mount. I use this for running FB live broadcasts at red-carpet events. You'll just need a TRS to lightning adaptor for your iPhone. This is for XLR audio input.
2023-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules