12Next >
19412 43 2016-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Awhat
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Guys,

Flying to Vietnam / Cambodia next week and I have read that you need a permit/permission to fly.

Does anyone know how to actually get this permit / permission? I've searched google but can't seem to find anywhere to actually apply for it or any more information other than you need one.

Cheers.
2016-12-20
Use props
gkordowski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 798360 ft
  • >>>
Jersey

I'm going to Vietnam in March (with Mavic). I've found contact details on that page (bottom): https://uavsystemsinternational. ... vietnam-drone-laws/  I sent an e-mail a week ago, still waiting for an answer...

2016-12-20
Use props
Awhat
lvl.1

Australia

gkordowski Posted at 2016-12-21 06:40
I'm going to Vietnam in March (with Mavic). I've found contact details on that page (bottom): https://uavsystemsinternational. ... vietnam-drone-laws/  I sent an e-mail a week ago, still waiting for an answer...

Awesome thanks for that, I'll email them as well - I emailed the vietnam aviation people as well but no response, I'll let you know if they come back with anything.
2016-12-20
Use props
rMymX36dkO0p
lvl.1
Flight distance : 217057 ft
Vietnam

Hey, I live in Vietnam and I got my Mavic a couple of months ago. I have applied for all commercial projects I have done and it's pretty straight forward.

To fly anywhere, you need to apply using a form where you describe your system, flight path, date and place, purpose of flight etc. The military control all aviation in Vietnam. My experience is apply and you'll get approval. PM me your emails and I'll forward the form to you. What are you planning to shoot?

I live in Saigon. We can meet up when you get here and I can show you some cool spots to fly.
2016-12-20
Use props
Awhat
lvl.1

Australia

rMymX36dkO0p Posted at 2016-12-21 15:46
Hey, I live in Vietnam and I got my Mavic a couple of months ago. I have applied for all commercial projects I have done and it's pretty straight forward.

To fly anywhere, you need to apply using a form where you describe your system, flight path, date and place, purpose of flight etc. The military control all aviation in Vietnam. My experience is apply and you'll get approval. PM me your emails and I'll forward the form to you. What are you planning to shoot?

Hey,

Awesome. I am travelling all over Vietnam - is there a way to just apply for the entire duration of my stay or should I just apply for each place I visit?

Not too sure what I'll be flying, I guess just anything that's very scenic / looks nice.

Does it take long to get approval to fly? I head over next wednesday.

That sounds good mate! Thanks very much.
2016-12-21
Use props
rMymX36dkO0p
lvl.1
Vietnam

Awhat Posted at 2016-12-22 10:58
Hey,

Awesome. I am travelling all over Vietnam - is there a way to just apply for the entire duration of my stay or should I just apply for each place I visit?

Sorry about my late reply.

You need to apply for every flight. I can share with you that laws are not really followed here. Most traffic police don't have a clue about the actual laws. But if you want to do it the proper way, use the form to apply.

My experience is that it takes you around 2-3 weeks to get it approved.

Vietnam is not short of beautiful places , so enjoy buddy.
2016-12-28
Use props
rMymX36dkO0p
lvl.1
Vietnam

Hey guys,

Here you can take a look of some of the beauty Vietnam offers. Shot over a couple of days in Phu Quoc

2016-12-28
Use props
hugoleen
lvl.1
United States

rMymX36dkO0p Posted at 2016-12-28 08:50

You need to apply for every flight. I can share with you that laws are not really followed here. Most traffic police don't have a clue about the actual laws. But if you want to do it the proper way, use the form to apply.

Hello rMymX36dkO0p , very interested in the information you have. Would it be possible to know more about this form ? Can we talk by Private Message ? Thank you very much, Hugo
2017-2-14
Use props
Jerryngm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79701 ft
Australia

Vietnam? You can do anything mate. Don't fly near airport/millitary base/ crowd and don't cause attention then you should be fine
2017-2-14
Use props
Drone Promotion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3604452 ft
United States

hello Can you please send me this fourm?
2017-3-14
Use props
samouk
New
Laos

#Quick Reply Here#Hi guys. I am going to Vietnam in two weeks and I worried about crossing border (Laos) with my drone, because i do not have permission . Where can i apply for that ?
2017-3-26
Use props
samouk
New
Laos

#Quick Reply Here#Hi guys. I am going to Vietnam in two weeks and I worried about crossing border (Laos) with my drone, because i do not have permission . Where can i apply for that ? Thank you
2017-3-26
Use props
fansf5526060
lvl.1
Australia

Hey guys.
2017-3-31
Use props
fansf5526060
lvl.1
Australia

After reading about these laws. I do need help to get these permits for my trip to Vietnam. Does anyone know of links I can follow to do this?
2017-3-31
Use props
fans482a6143
New
Flight distance : 665909 ft
United States

Im leaving in two weeks if anyone can help me on a permit or where to go for Cambodia and Vietnam it would be a big help.  My email is ketterlings@me.com
2017-4-28
Use props
Barto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103350 ft
United Kingdom

Just came back from Vietnam - no issues. I was flying my P3A for two weeks - mainly away from towns. Also at the airports (London, Bangkok and Hanoi) - no problems. Nobody even asked.
2017-5-22
Use props
fans1672f1c1
New
United States

rMymX36dkO0p Posted at 2016-12-20 23:46

Hi rMymX36dk00p, Can you please forward me a permit form or a link that I can apply? my email tle315@gmail.com,  I will be in Nha Trang  for vacation and looking to shoot some beaches and mountains with my Mavic Pro. Looking to hear from you soon. Thank you
2017-5-31
Use props
fans5bef4322
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1835443 ft
South Korea

looking on where to get the permit. Please forward me a link or something. funnyeverywhere@gmail.com
2017-6-2
Use props
CPQR
New

Vietnam

Hi there, could you please send me a PM. As I am a new member I can't yet send PM, I will reply my email and you can forward me the form and details on Drone Permit.
Thanks a lot mate.
2017-6-18
Use props
fansc32228f1
New

Netherlands

Hi, can you help me get the permits? Would like to talk via PM if that's possible. I'm leaving for Vietnam in October. Thanks so much! :-)
2017-7-9
Use props
CPQR
New

Vietnam

fansc32228f1 Posted at 2017-7-9 21:55
Hi, can you help me get the permits? Would like to talk via PM if that's possible. I'm leaving for Vietnam in October. Thanks so much! :-)

I think the user is inactive now on DJI forums. I sent him a PM almost a month ago and still haven't gotten any response. Though I might get the information from someone else and will upload to google drive as soon as I get so everyone can find it easily. I will reply here when I get the information.
2017-7-19
Use props
DRONIE.FLIGHTS
New
Czechia

CPQR Posted at 2017-7-19 17:21
I think the user is inactive now on DJI forums. I sent him a PM almost a month ago and still haven't gotten any response. Though I might get the information from someone else and will upload to google drive as soon as I get so everyone can find it easily. I will reply here when I get the information.

A friend of mine works at the university and he will help me to get a permit. I will post more info soon..
2017-7-21
Use props
CPQR
New

Vietnam

DRONIE.FLIGHTS Posted at 2017-7-21 05:18
A friend of mine works at the university and he will help me to get a permit. I will post more info soon..

That is better. I am going to meet my friend who has all such information in first week of August, if you get your information before that then it will be great if you could post it here for others to see.
Thanks.
PS: I am just a beginner and currently in Vietnam, don't be shy and say hello if you are in HCM.
2017-7-21
Use props
Mblumster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61900 ft
United States

I will be flying into HCMC on Aug 20th and then onto Nha Trang after several days.  Please let me know if you have any advice pertaining to this permit requrement.

TIA!!
2017-7-23
Use props
PurePotential
New
South Korea

Did anyone receive any head way on this problem for us fellow drone users? I've expressed all avenues for applying for a permit to fly. I spoke with numerous of other travelers that say it's hit or miss. It's a 50/50 chance the drone could be confiscated, then same say they had no issues. I'm flying from Seoul, S. Korea -> Hanoi -> Nha Trang. Then departure is from Nha Trang -> Da Nang -> Seoul, S. Korea. Every comment or review I've seen, drone users hand carry their drone. But what if the drone has put in a hard shell case and put under the plane in checked baggage within my suitcase, would that cause an issue? I really want some drone footage, however, I don't want to risk having it confiscated because I'm arriving and departing from different airports. I've attempted to use google translate for the Ministry of Defense website to find the form. I've asked people for the form to submit. Others have stated they either sent an email to request for permission and no response. One person stated you can pay someone to do it for you, but not evidence or proof backing that or a referral. Use travelers/drone users need some head way on this! Can anyone share their experience here or help for that matter? Thanks!
2017-8-7
Use props
RallerT
New

Denmark

I wrote to the Ministry of Defense yesterday and they answered back today, but their reply didn't make it through my spam filter, so you guys might have to check your spam folders for the reply. Their reply was:

Dear Sir,
Please contact our Defense Attache' Office in Vietnam's Embassy in your country for your matters.
Sincerely,
2017-8-18
Use props
fanse2c7c115
New

Hong Kong

RallerT Posted at 2017-8-18 04:13
I wrote to the Ministry of Defense yesterday and they answered back today, but their reply didn't make it through my spam filter, so you guys might have to check your spam folders for the reply. Their reply was:

Dear Sir,

I just received below message from the Embassy of Vietnam in Hong Kong. Anyone know if there is another way to get a permit?

Hi
You can not bring this one to Vietnam for your purpose. Immigration Department not allow.
Thanks,

2017-9-18
Use props
fans1ca7e5aa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1941037 ft
Philippines

Hi I am also plan to go to Vietnam Mũi Né January 2018. I'd like to have information how to apply.
Thanks!
2017-10-10
Use props
CQuach
New
Flight distance : 480873 ft
United States

I may be going to Soc Trang to visit my dad in a few weeks and want to bring my Mavic. Will you help me with the permits?
2017-10-28
Use props
MediaElite
lvl.3
Flight distance : 408343 ft
Singapore

For those who had success with permits, why not share the link here?
2017-11-24
Use props
Roland-Guy
lvl.2
Netherlands

Any updates about entering Vietnam with a Mavic? I'm planning on travelling through Vietnam next year October or so. Already figuring out the regulations, but as of now, Vietnam is a tough one I see...

Any people who could forward any links to receive permits?
2017-11-28
Use props
fanse8a551c9
New
Canada

Hey all,

So I too am flying out to Vietnam in the new year and am concerned with confiscation. I did some more googling and I came across this site which seems like the dude tries to assist with international film crews with their permits. It's not the most professional looking site, but I did find the permit form, I just printed it, and will try to fill it out and email the contact that was mentioned. Here are the links:

https://www.fixerinvietnam.com/filming-in-vietnam
https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/f ... 3109e5667b6aa24.pdf (Permit Form)
http://moj.gov.vn/vbpq/en/Lists/ ... il.aspx?ItemID=2867 (Regulations)

Good luck all!
2017-12-4
Use props
Dave Gavin
lvl.1
Australia

Anyone had any luck yet?  I am due to head off in late march and am very keen to take my dji spark with me, but now also very worried about it being confiscated.  I have emailed the Vietnamese embassy in Australia to see if they can do anything about it, will keep you all posted with anything I find out.   Cheers.
2018-1-27
Use props
DroneCam145
New

United States

Dave Gavin Posted at 2018-1-27 22:24
Anyone had any luck yet?  I am due to head off in late march and am very keen to take my dji spark with me, but now also very worried about it being confiscated.  I have emailed the Vietnamese embassy in Australia to see if they can do anything about it, will keep you all posted with anything I find out.   Cheers.

I took my drone to Vietnam between Jan 10-25, 2018 and didn't have a problem. However, I was nervous going through all airports. I flew into Hanoi first, then to Da Nang, then to Ho Chi Minh and back to Los Angeles. All with no problems. I read that Da Nang International terminal and Nha Trang is where the possibility of confiscation goes up. Da Nang Domestic terminal wasn't a problem however, my wife was stopped and questioned about the controller and battery in her bag. She told them the truth as I watched at a distance without interfering since I had made it thru. They let her thru after a few questions.

Here's my strategy: My wife and I was traveling, so I separated parts. If they were going to confiscate my drone, they wasn't going to get all of it.
I first took off the propellers (read this idea online) so they can see the shape but not the propellers which would give it away as a drone. My drone is plastic so they would see the electronic components, and the shape but not the full drone.
Next, I put all propellers, my controller, the wrench for my propellers, and the extra drone battery in my wife's carry on luggage. I carried the drone in my hard case back pack and of course we go thru separately. The key is to tell the truth if they stop and check. If they don't want you to fly the drone in their country and threaten to take it, then offer them something like a part that will make the drone not fly, like the propellers, the battery (if detachable)...etc That way they get part of it, but not all of it. I had this plan in mind, but I didn't have to use it.

Side Note about Drone Permit Company:

I applied for a drone permit from UAV Systems International and paid $49.99 and those rascals never contacted me after they got my money after repeated requests for a response. They responded before they got the money but not afterwards. I don't think they are an honest organization and lacks integrity. Also, when I got back and requested for a refund, they finally responded, apologized, then said they was going to refund my money and didn't. I had to go thru my credit card company and Amazon Pay to force them to refund me and within 2 days they did. You have to force them to honor their word. I frankly don't believe they can do what they say they can do so don't trust them at all. That's my experience and it was unpleasant!

Those are my tips and happy flying!
2018-2-14
Use props
DroneCam145
New

United States

gkordowski Posted at 2016-12-20 14:40
I'm going to Vietnam in March (with Mavic). I've found contact details on that page (bottom): https://uavsystemsinternational. ... vietnam-drone-laws/  I sent an e-mail a week ago, still waiting for an answer...

Don't trust UAV Systems International. They don't honor their word, nor do they get the permit. Plus you have to go thru extreme measures to get a refund. Has anyone ever gotten a drone permit from them? Let's hear from them. They were awful. Don't do it! Repeat...Don't do it!
2018-2-14
Use props
fans40d171a0
New

Singapore

Hi,

Could you please send me PM @ jimmy82lim@hotmail.com for form and details on Dtone permit.

I’m gg to Sapa and Hanoi Halong Bay. Greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks
Jimmy
2018-2-17
Use props
droneflybennie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 817228 ft
Netherlands

Hoi.. can  you  help my to ask permission to take my drone with my on holiday to vietnam. My email is benniemooi@gmail.co
2018-2-19
Use props
atnhis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35446 ft
Australia

Hi rMymX36dkO0,
Can you please email me the form? My email address is ttranghle@gmail.com
I am traveling to VN at the end of March 18. I would love to catch up.
Cheers
2018-2-20
Use props
Huynh Thao Vi
New

Vietnam

Hello. Where do we get the form and how can we submit to who? You're right, Vietnam is such a mess and I'm kinda lost here
2018-7-11
Use props
Wallie78
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5402064 ft
Australia

Hey did anyone on this thread end up getting a permit sucessfully?
2018-7-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules