Latest firmware
2333 11 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeffdj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820102 ft
Australia

Where can I download the latest firmware 01.01.0203? Trying to update via the assistant 2 v .08 consistently fails.

2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, are you running a MAC or a PC? Have you tried updating via the Go app as well?
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello jeffdj, what's the error message when you failed to update? Have you tried to do the update via DJI GO 4 app?
2016-12-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha jeff,

From the firmware version, you appear to have a P4 Pro or P4 Pro+ (plus).  The firmware itself is for the aircraft.

For this scenario, the best approach is through the DJI Assistant 2 ver. 1.0.8.  You appear to be having a problem with the Assistant.  For the P4 Pro and Pro+ (plus) you really need the Assistant 2 to be working properly.  Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the Assistant?  Have you downloaded a fresh copy of the Assistant?  (Be sure to restart the computer after you uninstall the Assistant, then after the computer has rebooted, reinstall the Assistant 2 ver. 1.0.8, and then reboot the computer all over again.)  Also, you should not have the Remote Controller on during this process.  This is just between the computer and the aircraft.  

Be sure you have a rock-solid Internet connection.  If you can use the same USB cable you use for the RC and device do so.  Make sure you have a DATA cable and not a charging cable.  If you have an iOS device, be sure you are using a Lightning cable.  

They are coming out with a USB-C cable now, but I do not know if the P4 Pro is using it yet.  I think the USB port is for USB-C.  I have not gotten mine yet, so I am not quite sure.  But, your P4 Pro should have come with the cable you need to link to the Assistant 2.  Try look again in the box.

If you have the right cable in the right ports and you start the Assistant 2, the animation should indicate you should plug in the USB cable.  (In this process, the Assistant 2 may also ask you if you want to update the Assistant, say yes.)  Once the Assistant is up and running, plug it in and then turn on the aircraft.  Within a minute the animation should go away and the P4 Pro logo should appear as the program loads.  In another minute or so the firmware options should be listed, if not click on the logo.  

Make sure the computer and Internet are not disturbed by email or other distractions.  When it starts loading do not touch it until it is done.  If your connection is good, the firmware update can take more than five minutes.  It sometimes acts like it is stuck, but that is just large files loading and error correction cross-checking.  If the progress percentage does not move for five minutes, give it six.  If the progress percentage stops increasing, you probably have a connection problem.  There are ways to check that problem.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-21
Use props
jeffdj
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-21 20:01
Hello jeffdj, what's the error message when you failed to update? Have you tried to do the update via DJI GO 4 app?

Tyhe error message is 0x032800. I did try the GOPRO 4 app but nothing seemed to happen, kow do you do this? by pressing the green ticket saying firmware 01.01.0203? I assume you connect the Phantom 4 pro to the controller vis the usb plug. I tried this but it siad preparing to update then did nothing other than a red flashing light.
I am disappointed that DJI dont seem to have learned form all the previously confusing instructions they give on updateing on their web site and instructional manuals. All I need is a definitive, clearly spelled out step by step instructions. I have had Phantom 2, Phantom 3 and the new Phantom 4 Pro plus instructions are contradictory, why isnt the latest firmware version on the download site, it only list v 01.01.101
2016-12-21
Use props
jeffdj
lvl.3
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-21 20:28
Aloha jeff,

From the firmware version, you appear to have a P4 Pro or P4 Pro+ (plus).  The firmware itself is for the aircraft.

Thank you for your help. I did install the latest Assisstant v 1.08, it did give me the correct logo and the firmware currently installed on my Phantom 4 Pro + and it allowed me to access the latest firmware ie 01.01.0203, it downloaded the file then started to update but simply failed at 15% each time I tried it, it gace error message oxo32800.
Tried via the GOPRO 4 app but nothing seemed to happen except the red light on the Phantom 4 Pro started to flash, nothing else.
2016-12-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jeffdj Posted at 2016-12-21 00:16
Thank you for your help. I did install the latest Assisstant v 1.08, it did give me the correct logo and the firmware currently installed on my Phantom 4 Pro + and it allowed me to access the latest firmware ie 01.01.0203, it downloaded the file then started to update but simply failed at 15% each time I tried it, it gace error message oxo32800.
Tried via the GOPRO 4 app but nothing seemed to happen except the red light on the Phantom 4 Pro started to flash, nothing else.

Aloha jeff,

It is not GOPRO 4, it is DJI GO 4.  GOPRO is still trying to get their Karma out from between their legs.  Anyway, there is some good information here.  The error message will help a lot.  

How long have you let the aircraft sit during the installation?  I wonder if you did not stop too soon.  For example, the firmware version 01.01.101 is more than half a gigabyte.  That is a very long process.  But the error message is still disturbing and the new firmware is probably much smaller if that is even the case.

Jamie asked whether you had a PC or iOS computer.  That can make a difference although I think the error message can identify the platform.  

I have a sneaky suspicion that your problem is that firmware version 01.01.101 is the latest Remote Controller firmware, but DJI writes it V 1.1.1.1 in the .pdf and the aircraft firmware is a similar format with the zeros 01.01.0203.  The red flashing light probably indicates the wrong firmware installation method and the stop at 15% is when the error correction notices the difference.  But, there may be a light at the end of the tunnel here.

You can wait until you hear back from Mindy and/or Jamie but the latest firmware for the Remote Controller is listed on the downloads page.  Firmware version 01.01.101 is that version and may be installed already in your Remote Controller or it may not be installed (it was released less than two weeks ago).  If you did try to install it on the Remote Controller it will accept the installation or reject it as already installed.  It is a no-loose situation.  This is also the new all-in-one type of installation which explains why the file is so big.  If my suspicion is right, the aircraft will then get the new firmware through the wireless transmissions.  The new number will only show up after it has been automatically installed, you will not be able to hunt for it.  The all-in-one will notify you of a new firmware update.

BUT, the installation is a NEW form of installation!  It is all on the .pdf files on the download page (3 of them)

This NEW form of installation uses the NEW SD card reader in the USB / HDMI module on the bottom back of the controller.  USE the SD Card Reader, NOT the USB port.  Download and extract the .bin file from the DJI web page and put it in the root directory of the freshly formatted SD card (use the aircraft to format the card before any of this).  BTW, always replace SD cards in the aircraft or in this new case, the Remote Controller, when the aircraft or the Remote Controller are OFF.  When the card is inserted, then turn on the Remote Controller and wait until it is rejected or the installation takes place.  

If it installs (blue flashing status button on the RC), then be prepared to update the aircraft (more than 50% battery) after the installation is over and you restart the Remote Controller.  If this happens, you know you are on the right track.  If the all-in-one firmware is already installed, then the Remote Controller may notify you that you should update the aircraft.  Follow the directions of the notification and it may update using the wireless transmissions between RC and AC.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-21
Use props
jeffdj
lvl.3
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-21 23:14
Aloha jeff,

It is not GOPRO 4, it is DJI GO 4.  GOPRO is still trying to get their Karma out from between their legs.  Anyway, there is some good information here.  The error message will help a lot.  

Thanks again for all the info, the RC has the following v 01.01.01(12.10) or controller 1.1.07. The aircraft has v 01.01.201. I tried to update the controller with the file fron the download website and it didnt do anything, supporting your idea that it is already the latest and explains why it is asking to update the aircraft. That part seems ok.
However why the aircraft wont update is a mystery, it did an update some days ago when i first received it with no problems, I think the original aircraft v was 01.01.101.
I'm a bit confused as to the location and size of the new, large all in one file you mention, is there a separate Phantom 4 Pro + download page?
I have Windows based computer running windows 10. The Phantom 4 Pro Plus controller monitor runs android.
I cannot find the  new installation on the pdf files 3 of them on the download page?? On the how to update pdf file it says the update file is GL300E_RC_
xxx.bin, what is the actual number of this file? If it is GL300E_RC_User_v1111_20161209 I have already tried this file and there is no apparent update action accept the single red flashing light next to the usb port on the aircraft and I left it for more than 20 minutes.
If I try to do the update using the DJI GO 4 app (my mistake re GOPRO 4) I get a green bar with the name of the new firware ...203 and it says, in a blue lined box 83mb. This seems to be a link to download the file but it is not active and checking the monitor memory indicates that there has been no download.
The mystery continues.
2016-12-21
Use props
jeffdj
lvl.3
Australia

jeffdj Posted at 2016-12-21 23:42
Thanks again for all the info, the RC has the following v 01.01.01(12.10) or controller 1.1.07. The aircraft has v 01.01.201. I tried to update the controller with the file fron the download website and it didnt do anything, supporting your idea that it is already the latest and explains why it is asking to update the aircraft. That part seems ok.
However why the aircraft wont update is a mystery, it did an update some days ago when i first received it with no problems, I think the original aircraft v was 01.01.101.
I'm a bit confused as to the location and size of the new, large all in one file you mention, is there a separate Phantom 4 Pro + download page?

I have solved the mystery of my failed update, when I installed the Assistant 2 v 1.08 windows defender blocked the installation of some component of this software, I think it was something to do with the usb protocol.
I installed Assistant 2 on my other computer and forced windows defender to allow installation of this module. After this the update installation proceeded as normal and was successful. I have noted the option of the radar view has been greyed out in the new firware, I think this might be a new bug in the software.
At least I can now learn to fly my new aerial video machine, it will be interesting to compare it with mu Mavic Pro which I have flown extensively.
2016-12-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jeffdj Posted at 2016-12-21 10:41
I have solved the mystery of my failed update, when I installed the Assistant 2 v 1.08 windows defender blocked the installation of some component of this software, I think it was something to do with the usb protocol.
I installed Assistant 2 on my other computer and forced windows defender to allow installation of this module. After this the update installation proceeded as normal and was successful. I have noted the option of the radar view has been greyed out in the new firware, I think this might be a new bug in the software.
At least I can now learn to fly my new aerial video machine, it will be interesting to compare it with mu Mavic Pro which I have flown extensively.

Aloha jeff,

Great to hear that the mystery is illuminated!  The DJI Team is always noting that anti-virus programs can cause problems.  Now we know why!  I will be going through this when I get mine so this has been an education for me.

Attached is the photo of the firmware download on the P4 Pro / P4 Pro + page.  Look through each listing, especially by date.  Newer ones are more important.  The fonts are different sometimes, but they all have information.

Aloha and Drone On!
Firmware.jpg
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jeffdj Posted at 2016-12-22 04:41

Jeff, glad to hear you have upgraded it successfully.
For the radar view, would you please post a screenshot here?
2016-12-22
Use props
byronbigrims
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341962 ft
United States

What happen to all the video styles I only have True Color, and C-delink and all these new different film styles, what happen to the vivid style
2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules