Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is it worthwhile to change P4 to Mavic?
740 8 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Somnium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Sweden

Is somebody going to change P4 to Mavic?
What do you think of this idea? Portability of Mavic is big reason to think about change. Batteries also cheaper, drone is lighter... So is it worthwhile to sell P4 and wait for Mavic? May be owners of P4 should be happy with their drones and should forget Mavic?)))
Any your ideas?
2016-12-21
Use props
TTxTTjohn123
lvl.2

Malaysia

P4 and Mavic is same, differences between two are more portable, more light weight and more easily to take off, flight time almost same as p4. If portable drone is your main consideration, sell your P4 and get Mavic, but i more concerned about the Mavic heating issues due to compact size and no fan inside the drone. Well this is my opinion, i hope you could enjoy every Dji drones you have owned
2016-12-21
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

TTxTTjohn123 Posted at 2016-12-21 17:59
P4 and Mavic is same, differences between two are more portable, more light weight and more easily to take off, flight time almost same as p4. If portable drone is your main consideration, sell your P4 and get Mavic, but i more concerned about the Mavic heating issues due to compact size and no fan inside the drone. Well this is my opinion, i hope you could enjoy every Dji drones you have owned

There is a fan in the mavic, its up the front behind the camera,It pulls air over the camera and through over the internals of the electronics, so the clear camera cover that it comes with it is not recommended to leave it in place while flying as this can restrict air flow.
2016-12-21
Use props
Peter Galbavy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

I have flown my P4 quite a bit more and I still "feel" it is more stable but I think that is just familiarity. I took both the P4 and the brand-new Mavic to my recent holiday to Australia and after some test flights I almost exclusively flew the Mavic because of not just it's portability but also the ease of start-up and so on.

I am keeping both.
2016-12-21
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
Flight distance : 179738 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you use 1080/60 a lot then you won't want the Mavic.
2016-12-21
Use props
EdM
Captain
Flight distance : 1421778 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own both.   The plus the Mavic has is it's always close by and ready in short order.   Picture quality is better than I thought it would be.   If I could only have one I might have to decide by coin flip.  
Now when I pull the trigger and get a P4P I know the P4 is out the door and I feel it will be the best of both worlds.    Saving the pennies.
2016-12-21
Use props
MrPinaColada
Second Officer
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Id prefer my p4 over a mavic just in terms of image quality. Id love a portable p4 like the mavic, but I'm not necessarily willing to loose sharpness or fov.
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Both drones are great, but as others mentioned, it really depends on what you're looking for in portability. The camera quality is slightly better on the P4 than the Mavic, but it's quite minute.
2016-12-23
Use props
SkyFlyONE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 916624 ft
United States

My P4 is not only sharper and steadier, but flies better in moderate to high-ish winds.  Mavic controller and other things are making me think of selling it to get the P4P
2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules