problems with my new Mavic Pro Combo
1577 10 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Well, today is the second day with my Mavic.
I setup us everything yesterday had a quick indoor flight and prepare everything for today.

First Issue:
I unpacked the car charger and my plan was to spend a couple of hours flying with my 3 batteries charging them in the car alternating the ones drained etc.

However, after I finished 2 of my batteries I went to my car and unboxed the car charger and well its dead. Didnt even turn on the light after I plugged into the DC outlet, nothing nada zero.   I tried with another outlet nothing, then I used the outlet of my dash cam nothing.  So well, they gave a non working car charger.... well that is not THAT bad but well I was really not expecting the quality control to not spot this flaw.

Second Issue:
After not being able to chargy my batteries with my charger I returned home, hooked in the battery hub and connected my batteries. Well, one charged and wanted to play with the camera and adjust some settings in my mavic without flying. I lunch the app and it tells me that I have incompatble firmware, It ask me to update the firmware and its says that it failed and that It cannot recognize the battery.  The battery now is showing the middle two LEDS turned on eventually turning them off and turning them on again.

If I hook it into my bird its says battery error and I cannot turn off the mavic when i press the button.

ANy advice????
2016-12-21
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Stratos,

Isssue #1: I think the car must me running while charging the battery. I recall reading a separate thread where this was discussed.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did you do the update from DJI GO app?
Have you tried to update again via DJI assistant?
2016-12-21
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Australia

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2016-12-21 22:41
Stratos,

Isssue #1: I think the car must me running while charging the battery. I recall reading a separate thread where this was discussed.

Yes, I have the car running and still no luck but thanks for the suggestion buddy
2016-12-21
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-21 22:46
Did you do the update from DJI GO app?
Have you tried to update again via DJI assistant?

Hi Mindy, thanks for the reply.

As an update I open the DJI Go 4 app and again it said that my firmware was mismatching.
It requested to update and after it finished the battery came back to life.  

It looks like first I launch the DJI app and the second time I launch the DJO go 4 App, I think I will delete the old one.

and well for Issue 1 do you have any suggestion>?
2016-12-21
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Australia

Do I need to send back the car charger if it doesnt work?
2016-12-21
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Regarding the issue with the car charger. Are you sure that the plug is making contact with the outlet?I have yet to test mine, but i had a phone charger that i had to grind smaller on the tip in order to get the positive end to contact.
Check how deep one plug you know work goes in, then compare to the car charger.
2016-12-21
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I believe the charger will not work unless it senses at least 13.6VDC. Try revving your car up and see if the light comes on.
2016-12-21
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

Hate to ask the obvious, but you are connecting the battery connector to the charging hub, and not the micro usb (only used for firmware updates), right?
2016-12-21
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

You mentioned that you plugged in your dash cam and nothing, which indicates the outlet is not working. Have you tried it in a different car? Also, have you tried plugging straight into a battery without using the charging hub?
Just throwing out possible solutions...
2016-12-21
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Australia

Hi Guys, well I need to update everyone.

Thanks for all your replies.  This will sound stupid (because certainly it is), so my cars is got auto engine stop when cruising and when stopped in the traffic lights to reduce fuel consumption.
Since I was checking once on the traffic lights while on a red light it appeared that it was not working, but oh well, just glanced once I was on cruising speed and I could see the charging working as expected.

Sorry again, but well, this is a reminder to all noobs (like myself) to ensure that you have the car running when recharging your battery.

Safe flight everyone!
2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules