Phantom 4 Pro with Nexus 6P - DJI GO 4 crashing
1625 9 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PliciPleosc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100226 ft
Romania

If I start the DJI GO app with phone in landscape, it keeps crashing. If I start it normal potrait position, it works.

I am using a Nexus 6P phone, with Android version 7.1.1. DJI GO 4 apk is just installed at this moment. 4.0 for Android.

2016-12-21
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27274 ft
United Kingdom

Yep, posted about this last week... hopefully DJI will pick this up and make a fix
2016-12-21
Use props
ehron
New

United States

I'm having the same problem too. I was hoping they'd fix it in the latest release of the app, but it's still busted.
2016-12-22
Use props
PliciPleosc
lvl.2
Romania

I switched to iPad Air 2 anyway. Nexus 6P gets hot in few minutes of running DJI GO app and screen is way too small for my eyes.
2016-12-22
Use props
PliciPleosc
lvl.2
Romania

Oh and I am so glad I did. Screen real estate is really awesome. Glad I did not chose 5.5" Pro+.
2016-12-23
Use props
SachseAlex
New

United States

I have a Mavic Pro and a Nexus 6P and to be totally honest I am very disappointed. I realize the Nexus 6P is not on the list but it is a core Android Phone. DJI needs to get there crap together. Both the DJI Go and DJI Go 4 App crash when trying to use on the Nexus 6P. When it does occasionally connect, it typically then disconnects mid-flight, and I have to restart my phone to gain access again... which is awesome when your drone is hovering out in the middle of nowhere.

@DJI TEAM: Please get this thing working with the Nexus 6P as I would really enjoy using my drone vs the shelf decoration it is now. Had it over a month and put 4 flights on it.... Damn Shame!
2017-1-5
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27274 ft
United Kingdom

I tried to use both my Nexus 6P and my Nexus 9, both of which  I thought were capable devices, but after 10 minutes of flying they just ground to a halt, and wouldn't reconnect until I rebooted them. I gave up trying in the end and bought an Nvidia Shield, which I have to say is brilliant.
2017-1-5
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

With my nexus 6p i had to get off nougat (def the cause) went back to marshmallow now everything is great. U do have to know how to root your device and flash roms tho. I know u shouldnt have to do this but its an option. Its not dji's fault its google's code not working with dji go 4 and nougat
2017-1-5
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Its not the device shockwave its the software
2017-1-5
Use props
brockc
New
United States

This really needs to be addressed. The Nexus 6p was a flagship phone just over a year ago. Many Google Nexus phone owners keep their device for much longer than that and Google still actively supports the device.

DJI, please address the crashing issues. It really needs to be fixed and not just ignored.
2017-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules