Question to Mavic's owners
857 6 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Somnium
lvl.3
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Kazakhstan

Who already use the Mavic - what could you say - is it worthwhile to change P4 to Mavic? Mavic has an amazing posrtability but what do you say - is it as good in flying/shooting as good in portability?
2016-12-21
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Its all about portability, if you don't need the ease of transportation and quick set-up then stick with the P4, or in my case my trusty P2 V+.
For me the fact that I can sling the bag over my shoulder and walk for miles without any hindrance was the deciding factor.
2016-12-21
Use props
Incredible Aeri
lvl.2

United States

The portability is amazing. I can fit everything I need in a small backpack and bike somewhere and pop the drone out. The camera issues are there but can be overcome. They will improve with firmware updates as well.
2016-12-21
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

If you are used to your P4, and have no issues with setup time, or carting it around, you are likely better to go with a P4 Pro, for the upgraded camera, as well as all of the sensors, and improved range. The Mavic is a minor step up from a P4, but a major step down from a P4 Pro, UNLESS portability is what you are looking for. Then the Mavic is good choice, trading durability and video quality for portability.

In the end, all 3 drones are great drones. The P4 would is still better than anything competitors have to offer at this point. Perhaps you do not need an upgrade at all, and can wait for the NEXT version of the Mavic, or perhaps a P5 (if that is even planned).
2016-12-21
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Sweden

Incredible Aeri Posted at 2016-12-21 16:32
The portability is amazing. I can fit everything I need in a small backpack and bike somewhere and pop the drone out. The camera issues are there but can be overcome. They will improve with firmware updates as well.

Yes, portability is great thing when you can go everywhere with drone and launch it for just seconds!
But interesting- how long it will be workable with all moving parts (hands with props)?
2016-12-21
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Sweden

dana5 Posted at 2016-12-21 16:40
If you are used to your P4, and have no issues with setup time, or carting it around, you are likely better to go with a P4 Pro, for the upgraded camera, as well as all of the sensors, and improved range. The Mavic is a minor step up from a P4, but a major step down from a P4 Pro, UNLESS portability is what you are looking for. Then the Mavic is good choice, trading durability and video quality for portability.

In the end, all 3 drones are great drones. The P4 would is still better than anything competitors have to offer at this point. Perhaps you do not need an upgrade at all, and can wait for the NEXT version of the Mavic, or perhaps a P5 (if that is even planned).

Thank you for opinion and advice, you persuaded me))
Yes, probably will use my P4 and wait for next generation of drones.
P4 is fully gratifying me, but when you go with suitcace and look at man with Mavic in his pocket of jacket you start to envy him))) Although I like P4's camera and RC more than Mavic's.
So will fly with my P4.
Thanks!
2016-12-21
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Sweden

Thanks to all for your opinion and advices!
Have a nice day!
2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules