2831 21 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hate when I get home and find a folder full of JPEGS. !!!!

Anytime there is an upate, all sorts of random settings change, (Max Altidude, Max Distance, RTH Altitude, JPEG, camera grid lines....) but not all settings; color profile, centter point, gimbal settings... are fine. That's the first anoything thing.
I fix all the settings, power down. Go to my location to fly. Power up, now for some reason selective other options have changed durring this power down/up time, like my RAW setting!

DEFUALT SHOULD BE RAW

No one is ever upset they have raw instead of jpeg. Save jpeg for the non pro or people who want to adjust.

Single SelectVote, Total 28 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2016-12-21
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

That is a tough one.  Personally, they should keep the settings you had stored so any update will not lose your settings.

2016-12-21
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

real simple:

Raw = Pro
JPEG = not pro
2016-12-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you made the default RAW, then you would have a hundred idiots on here in a flash saying they cannot open the photos. No, it should default to plain JPEG.
2016-12-21
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-21 17:03
If you made the default RAW, then you would have a hundred idiots on here in a flash saying they cannot open the photos. No, it should default to plain JPEG.

Exactly. If you are as "Pro" as you say you are, step 1 is to always double check your settings.
2016-12-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-12-22 09:16
Exactly. If you are as "Pro" as you say you are, step 1 is to always double check your settings.

The issue is that the P4pro doesn't save many of camera (and other) settings and they have to be re-set each flight.
Not just raw/jpg but AEB, 2.4 vs 5.8 radio etc.
Perhaps DJI will fix this with an update sometime?
2016-12-21
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Same think happened to me.  The camera reverted to JPG.  This was not a result of a firmware upgrade.  One day it was set to RAW, the next it was JPG.  Guess I will have to be more careful checking these settings each time I fly.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, could you please clarify your Phantom model and your current DJI GO version?
As for the random settings changing, I'll help to report it to our related team.
2016-12-22
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-12-22 06:16

Ugh... come on, the settings should be changing unless I change them in he first place. I try and check before every flight but I missed it once.

I'm human and a pro. Thanks for your option dude.
2016-12-22
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 2016-12-22 12:32
Ugh... come on, the settings should be changing unless I change them in he first place. I try and check before every flight but I missed it once.

I'm human and a pro. Thanks for your option dude.

Yes, I understand that it should not even be happening, but it does. It has been happening since the Phantom 3, probably before that. These are amazing machines, but definitely have some shortcomings. The only thing that you personally can do to prevent the changes from affecting your "pro" work, is to check them before you shoot. Also, proofread your posts. That's 100% not "pro".
2016-12-22
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-12-22 10:15
Yes, I understand that it should not even be happening, but it does. It has been happening since the Phantom 3, probably before that. These are amazing machines, but definitely have some shortcomings. The only thing that you personally can do to prevent the changes from affecting your "pro" work, is to check them before you shoot. Also, proofread your posts. That's 100% not "pro".

Crawl back under your bridge
2016-12-22
Use props
Jkeller84
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 2016-12-22 16:31
Crawl back under your bridge

Oh that's a good one. That one cut deep. This is the last time I'm replying to your pointless complaining thread. Best of luck to you in your "pro" career.
2016-12-22
Use props
fansc36a7331
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1090961 ft
Australia

Annnd I just came home with a folder full of JPGs, great, why is this still an issue?
2017-6-12
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 2016-12-21 16:27
The issue is that the P4pro doesn't save many of camera (and other) settings and they have to be re-set each flight.
Not just raw/jpg but AEB, 2.4 vs 5.8 radio etc.
Perhaps DJI will fix this with an update sometime?

well even though my CANON EOS 5D mark IV never changes values by itself... I always check every time before I start a photoshoot... I do the same before I start flying and after every firmware update (on every platform I use) and I really do not think I am the only one who does this..
I also check my Audi before driving...
2017-6-12
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

OMG! Please DJI it seems you put out a firmware update every day now. Every time I update my settings gets all wonky. This time after an update I thought I put everything back to how I had it and I found out you changed my 4K video setting to HD?! Why on earth would the video resolution default be 1920? Save those settings for your Spark.

If you are going to make me log in and track my every move the least you could do is sync my settings to the cloud and let me fly with some consistent settings.
2017-7-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jkeller84 Posted at 2016-12-21 14:16

Aloha Killer keller,

Good line!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

FlyLowandSlow Posted at 2017-7-10 13:44
OMG! Please DJI it seems you put out a firmware update every day now. Every time I update my settings gets all wonky. This time after an update I thought I put everything back to how I had it and I found out you changed my 4K video setting to HD?! Why on earth would the video resolution default be 1920? Save those settings for your Spark.

If you are going to make me log in and track my every move the least you could do is sync my settings to the cloud and let me fly with some consistent settings.

Aloha Slow,

But 1920 was a good year, or so my Daddy say!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-10
Use props
jsantacroce\
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-10 16:26
Aloha Slow,

But 1920 was a good year, or so my Daddy say!

I hadn't flown in two or three days. I always have it set for RAW+JPG. I scan through the JPG but only edit and keep the RAW.  Yesterday morning I went flying and it was set for JPG only which I did not do. This was something I had not touched in some time. The other interesting thing was I usually hit the record button before taken off so I don't forget. Record wouldn't work. I had to power down and Relink. Fortunately, that worked. But it was interesting I had other control of the aircraft except for the camera.
2017-7-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jsantacroce\@hv Posted at 2017-7-10 16:42
I hadn't flown in two or three days. I always have it set for RAW+JPG. I scan through the JPG but only edit and keep the RAW.  Yesterday morning I went flying and it was set for JPG only which I did not do. This was something I had not touched in some time. The other interesting thing was I usually hit the record button before taken off so I don't forget. Record wouldn't work. I had to power down and Relink. Fortunately, that worked. But it was interesting I had other control of the aircraft except for the camera.

Aloha santa,

That is strange.  But then some strange things are happening along with the real good stuff.  Are your settings holding now between sessions?  BTW, I was going to start using RAW for photos, now that we can take photos while the video is still going, and I put the format setting on .jpg and RAW.  But my files generated are .jpg and .dng.  Is .dng the file format extension for RAW?

Hope your flights are straightening out.  Oh yeah, I am having problems with my video record button to.  I usually have to press it more than once these days to get it started.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-10
Use props
jsantacroce\
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-7-10 22:29
Aloha santa,

That is strange.  But then some strange things are happening along with the real good stuff.  Are your settings holding now between sessions?  BTW, I was going to start using RAW for photos, now that we can take photos while the video is still going, and I put the format setting on .jpg and RAW.  But my files generated are .jpg and .dng.  Is .dng the file format extension for RAW?

Aloha Cetacean,

Yes, DNG is the RAW Format.

I find it hard that I would be able to shoot clean unterupted video and shoot a 23MB DNG File at the same time. As you noted. There are times with the record button I have had to press it more than once to record. It will record JPG perhaps but I am skeptical of DNG\RAW but will test it.

One of the reasons I Am skeptical as well is that I am also having issue where the MP4 parts are not cleanly cut. If I shoot for 20 minutes straight at 4K60fps they are usually in about 3GB segments. There will be 3 or 4 of them. When I bring them into Premiere and piece them together there is a gap between them. My cheap Sony camera the gaps are perfect. My P4P has gaps I have to transition. Understanding the copter is moving and so is the gimbal but apparently that split second delay is longer then the copter can handle cleanly. I could try other resolutions but I like to shoot in 4K60fps. If it cannot cleanly cut video how can it cut to RAW Photos at the same time?

I also shoot DNG\RAW because it is a much higher res photo for editing and I can crop and zoom on parts of it much more cleanly. I can take longer distance shots and bring parts in close. There is much more headroom for editing color and exposure. But we all work differently.

Be well...
2017-7-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

jsantacroce\@hv Posted at 2017-7-11 01:55
Aloha Cetacean,

Yes, DNG is the RAW Format.

Aloha santa,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the photos can be taken only in the 4:3 ratio 4K video and lower resolutions.  The 4K also only allows .jpg even if you have .jpg and RAW enabled.  I have yet to work my way down the resolutions to see when RAW starts to record.

With the new firmware and DJI GO 4 update, the video now does not stop at all when you take the photo.  It is getting me to start taking photos more often - when I can remember!  From what I can eyeball, the transitions between clipped files is also much tighter than previously.  Check it out.  I hope you will be pleasantly surprised.  Let me know.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-11
Use props
tazztone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10 ft
Switzerland

+1 for the settings not to revert from RAW to JPG in MID FLIGHT! please fix
2019-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now