What device works best with the Phantom 4?
1584 14 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pegnaz
lvl.1
United States

I have a Phantom 4 and am getting ready to buy a device to go with it. I was thinking about an ipad mini or pro. From what I've read, the P4 does not do the best with android (my phone).

Feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

2016-12-21
Use props
tfs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95699 ft
United States

I have a ipad mini 3 it works great
2016-12-21
Use props
tfs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95699 ft
United States

2016-12-21
Use props
pegnaz
lvl.1
United States

tfs Posted at 2016-12-21 10:38

Thanks for your feedback!
2016-12-21
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

Ipad mini 3 has the same spec as the mini 2, just a couple of small differences
If you can affordcit get a mini 4, this will work for longer as they upgrade the softwares
As the p4 records the video directly you dont need anything bigger than a 16gb, wifi or cellular,mwhatever you can afford
2016-12-21
Use props
fanse163dcb7
New

United Kingdom

Pls could I ask what might seem silly question do I have to use my iPads data or internet to fly my p4 I do do just don't know if I had to thanks in advance
2016-12-21
Use props
pegnaz
lvl.1
United States

Mallettron Posted at 2016-12-21 12:00
Ipad mini 3 has the same spec as the mini 2, just a couple of small differences
If you can affordcit get a mini 4, this will work for longer as they upgrade the softwares
As the p4 records the video directly you dont need anything bigger than a 16gb, wifi or cellular,mwhatever you can afford

Thanks so much for your feedback!!!
2016-12-21
Use props
pegnaz
lvl.1
United States

fanse163dcb7 Posted at 2016-12-21 12:06
Pls could I ask what might seem silly question do I have to use my iPads data or internet to fly my p4 I do do just don't know if I had to thanks in advance

Good question. Since I'm a newbie, I do not have a good answer for you. Post this as a thread and perhaps one of the more experienced drone people can help you out.
2016-12-21
Use props
fanse163dcb7
New

United Kingdom

Thank you
2016-12-21
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

It works fine with Android devices that are in the list of compatible devices, and many others.  I use an NVidia Shield K1, great for 4K video and has an HDMI output.

Since my device doesn't have a data connection, no it is not necessary to use it to fly, however I do connect to wireless internet at home for firmware updates and to download map data.
2016-12-21
Use props
pegnaz
lvl.1
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2016-12-21 12:26
It works fine with Android devices that are in the list of compatible devices, and many others.  I use an NVidia Shield K1, great for 4K video and has an HDMI output.

Since my device doesn't have a data connection, no it is not necessary to use it to fly, however I do connect to wireless internet at home for firmware updates and to download map data.

Thanks for your feedback!
2016-12-21
Use props
Paddle Faster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678825 ft
United States

I Pad Pro 9.7".
I got my in August this year. Its been flawless.  I do not have cellular.
2016-12-21
Use props
pegnaz
lvl.1
United States

Paddle Faster Posted at 2016-12-21 13:54
I Pad Pro 9.7".
I got my in August this year. Its been flawless.  I do not have cellular.

Thanks for your response!!
2016-12-21
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

on the ipad mini you will be using wifi to setup the device, donload the app, or update it
Use your wifi to cache the maps before you go out to fly
You dont need cellular unless you are in an area where you havent cached the maps or using another app that needs additional maps
If you want to stream live video to youtube etc (why would you really) you will need some kind of cellular device, either ipad mini cellular, some usee their phones as a hotspot
Get a sun hood, the dji one is very good, you will need it as there will be reflections
I would say leave the video/pictures on the micro sd and remove at home (take care removing and putting back, some people are ham fisted), theres plenty of room, the app will tell you how many photos or how much video you can store on it, maybe buy a good 64gb and use that instead
2016-12-21
Use props
pegnaz
lvl.1
United States

Mallettron Posted at 2016-12-21 15:53
on the ipad mini you will be using wifi to setup the device, donload the app, or update it
Use your wifi to cache the maps before you go out to fly
You dont need cellular unless you are in an area where you havent cached the maps or using another app that needs additional maps

Cool thanks!
2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules