Air encoder Error (0x800000)
12Next >
26376 41 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ecarTrace
lvl.2

United States

So today I went to fly my Mavic, The camera and gimbal were working and immediately after taking off, it crashed. The gimbal got scratched on the bottom somehow.  After restarting the drone, It said "No Image Transmission Signal", the gimbal was disconnected and an error that said "Air encoder Error (0x800000)".  Has anyone else had this happen and know what it means? I don't want to have to send it in for repair if it's something simple like a cord getting disconnected...

2016-12-21
Use props
fans1836b02c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1181129 ft
United States

I have the same issue.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash, ecarTrace. When you turn on the aircraft, will the gimbal calibrate itself automatically?
Have you tried to do the gimbal calibration?
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hello, did you crash the aircraft before?
Could you please describe the issue in detail?
2016-12-21
Use props
fans1836b02c
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-22 01:46

I did not crash my drone  out of the box brand-new iPad this error.  Drone flies without a problem just cannot see what you're doing or record.  It seems like it's some kind of interference    As long as I'm indoors and GPS is not available the camera works    As soon as I go outside he comes up saying strong interference    And the camera transmission goes out    I've tested this all day today    I've tested in multiple locations there some kind of interference between the drone in the controller
2016-12-22
Use props
fans1836b02c
lvl.1
United States

fans1836b02c Posted at 2016-12-22 16:56
I did not crash my drone  out of the box brand-new iPad this error.  Drone flies without a problem just cannot see what you're doing or record.  It seems like it's some kind of interference    As long as I'm indoors and GPS is not available the camera works    As soon as I go outside he comes up saying strong interference    And the camera transmission goes out    I've tested this all day today    I've tested in multiple locations there some kind of interference between the drone in the controller

I find that if you don't calibrate the Mavic and turn it on in doors where GPS is not available the Camera transmission works fine    As soon as the Mavic get some distance away from the controller there's some kind of interference that goes on and turns out the transmission
2016-12-22
Use props
ecarTrace
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-21 23:46
Sorry for your crash, ecarTrace. When you turn on the aircraft, will the gimbal calibrate itself automatically?
Have you tried to do the gimbal calibration?

I tried to calibrate the gimbal, but it did not work
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans1836b02c Posted at 2016-12-23 05:56

In addition, is the firmware up to date?
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ecarTrace Posted at 2016-12-23 06:16
I tried to calibrate the gimbal, but it did not work

I think it's better to send it in for further evaluation.
You could create a case from this link : https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2016-12-23
Use props
PsyOniC
lvl.1

France

I have the same issue. I have contacted the support. Obliged to send it in repair without certainty that it works.
2016-12-23
Use props
fans1836b02c
lvl.1
United States

I also noticed that when I check the version firmware on the app the controller says unknown. I've tired to reinstall the latest firmware multiple times. Thinking more of a controller problem than aircraft.  
2016-12-25
Use props
PsyOniC
lvl.1

France

fans1836b02c Posted at 2016-12-25 09:17
I also noticed that when I check the version firmware on the app the controller says unknown. I've tired to reinstall the latest firmware multiple times. Thinking more of a controller problem than aircraft.

After a contact with technical support, this would a problem of the gimbal camera. The replacement is obligatory for fix problem. I waiting my drone for see.
2017-1-3
Use props
alisterrobbie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137766 ft
Australia

I've had the same error with my Mavic Pro since it arrived a few weeks back.  It's not constant, but if I do a flight over about 10m, then i'm almost guaranteed to get an Air Encoder Error.  Fortunately i've managed to get the bird home safely every time using VLOS and GPS but it's pretty scary when it happens.  Also, the fact that it cans recording as soon as that happens is a major pain.  It's ruined so many good shots because of this issue.  I was about to report it via the Chat, but the chat is down at the moment.  New to the forums so still figuring things out.
2017-1-20
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

alisterrobbie Posted at 2017-1-20 23:36
I've had the same error with my Mavic Pro since it arrived a few weeks back.  It's not constant, but if I do a flight over about 10m, then i'm almost guaranteed to get an Air Encoder Error.  Fortunately i've managed to get the bird home safely every time using VLOS and GPS but it's pretty scary when it happens.  Also, the fact that it cans recording as soon as that happens is a major pain.  It's ruined so many good shots because of this issue.  I was about to report it via the Chat, but the chat is down at the moment.  New to the forums so still figuring things out.

Wait i don't understand .... you crashed and impacted the camera and gimbal..     So wouldn't it be broken?  ......... Of Course you are having issues .. yes it's a major pain that things don't work correctly after smashing them. ...........................................
2017-1-21
Use props
alisterrobbie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137766 ft
Australia

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2017-1-21 12:34
Wait i don't understand .... you crashed and impacted the camera and gimbal..     So wouldn't it be broken?  ......... Of Course you are having issues .. yes it's a major pain that things don't work correctly after smashing them. ...........................................

sorry if i didn't explain myself correctly. no crash. no impact to camera and gimbal.  just the Air Encoder Error that happens randomly when flying and recording. it was happening only on longer flights and only when recording.

interestingly, i replaced my microSD cards yesterday with faster U3 cards because it seemed to be choking recording higher frame rates. before i had a chance to test, a friend shot me a message about seeing someone else having Air Encoder Errors and it potentially being due to slow microSD cards.  This morning i put in the new cards and flew a full battery (20+ minutes) going to 118m elevation and out to 400m distance, recording the whole time and had no Air Encoder Error. it would normally have failed on that kind of flight.  will test further, but i'm hopefully that a new faster microSD card might have solved the problem.
2017-1-21
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Did you do auto-takeoff when it crashed?
2017-1-22
Use props
martin1504
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1130581 ft
Austria

Hi, i got the same error code: Air encoder Error (0x800000) on my 47 minutes total flight time mavic. I lost the image signal.
BUT I HAD NO CRASH with the mavic.
When I turn on the aircraft, will the gimbal calibrate itself automatically.

I sent the mavic back to start the DOA process.
2017-1-26
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

I would suggest trying another USB cable, if the problem only happens when a certain amount of data is being transfered back, it might be that the cable is not ok and is not transmitting the information properly.
2017-1-26
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

Hello,

I had the same problem this Saturday. I was preparing to do a flight and when i tried yo calibrate the drone it failed several times. Finally when I managed to calibrate and toke off, I suddenly lost image signal from the drone. The drone kept flying well and responding well to the RC commands but it wasn't able to do any recording no more. I landed the drone, turned it off and when I tried to do another flight I wasn't able to calibrate and I had no image from the camera.  There was an error, the air encoder error (08x000000) together with the information that the gimbal was disconnected. I moved to a different location and tried again, but again the problem persisted.
Sunday I spent most of the day trying to figure what the problem was. I refreshed the firmware on both the drone and RC via the DJI Assistant 2, but the problem persisted. I connected and disconnected the drone and RC several times with several combinations, with and without memory card. I bought a new card from SandDisk with top speed writing, proper for 4K recording and drones and I tested with it. I noticed that sometimes I recovered function of the camera, but that only happened when I connected both the drone and the RC without any memory card, and no phone connected to the RC. I managed to get several good initiations with this conditions, but as soon as I stopped and left the drone to rest for a few minutes, when I tried to repeat the procedure, I got the same problem again. I the inserted the card, turn on both equipments and I got the same error. I removed the card, turned on both the drone and the RC several times and after that I would get another good initiation of the equipment. I rested and when I tryied again Ithe problem came back. I deleted both the DJI GO and DJI GO4, tried with just one app, then with just another app, reinstalled both apps, tried with the Litchi app, and no way to solve the problem. I want to send it back for repair as I think this is a problem covered by the warranty. I never had a crash or a hard landing, so there is no fisical reason for this problem to appear. I have the drone since December 14, 2016. One thing I noticed a few of the first times that I connected everything at the beginning, was that sometimes I had to turn everything off and reconnect because the first time I had no image on the app, but I didn't toke it as problem and soon after it stoped happening until this last Saturday when this problem appeared.
2017-1-29
Use props
fans95694360
New
Ireland

YjWH9fPVGpcg Posted at 2017-1-29 16:49
Hello,

I had the same problem this Saturday. I was preparing to do a flight and when i tried yo calibrate the drone it failed several times. Finally when I managed to calibrate and toke off, I suddenly lost image signal from the drone. The drone kept flying well and responding well to the RC commands but it wasn't able to do any recording no more. I landed the drone, turned it off and when I tried to do another flight I wasn't able to calibrate and I had no image from the camera.  There was an error, the air encoder error (08x000000) together with the information that the gimbal was disconnected. I moved to a different location and tried again, but again the problem persisted.

any comeback from dji? Same problem here, never crashed
2017-4-1
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Format the sd card FAT32 @ 65536 allocation size. This will give you the best performance I've found testing. Add these folders and files to the root of the sd card. Then don't format in the go or litchi app.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oewzah ... ard%20Root.zip?dl=0

Also, just buy a decent sd card to begin with. U3. I mean you have a 1k drone, trying to save a few bucks on like a ultra card (like some do) is kind of counter productive. You get the speed back in usb 3 transfers to pc or mac anyway.
2017-4-1
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3809 ft
Canada

Try this .....http://repairerrors.net/0x800000.html
2017-4-1
Use props
fans813a427e
New
Flight distance : 971 ft
Bulgaria

YjWH9fPVGpcg Posted at 2017-1-29 16:49
Hello,

Did you fix your problem ? Im having a same problem right now ...
2017-7-2
Use props
Clint Baker
lvl.1

United States

Yeah I have the same problem with the Sparks how do I get them to fix it what do I do can somebody give me some info please
2018-2-25
Use props
fansea35bb6a
New
Spain

Out of the box, first connected to iPhone X and got this message Air encoder Error (0x800000) with no signal and image transmission issues, then tried on iPhone 6S and same problem. Tried all sorts of things I could find in this forum, change SD cards, restart devised, calibrate drone and gimbal,  firmware downgrades, restore default settings, etc. Today I called support center and they told me it was an iOS issue and I should downgrade from 11.2.6 to 11.2.2 in other to get my brand new aircraft to work with my mobile devices. But of course that is not possible with iOS unless you jailbreak your phone, they said I should talk to apple.....
Then they said that with Android I wouldn't have any issues at all. After that said from the Dji support center, I decided to get my bloody brand new drone to fly at no cost. I went to the store and bought an Android tablet, installed the Dji Go 4 app and surprise!!!! Same bloody problem as with iPhones. Im really frustrated here. Any help, please?
2018-3-29
Use props
djiuser_wDQrBPJ5ibvY
New

Denmark

I had a slight crash with my dji spark and afterwards it had an encoder error and sensor error. In the top left it showed "no signal" and no video feed or SD card recognition was working.. after a lot of forum searching I could not find a fix. I tried everything that was reported online.. dji told me to send it in but I am an engineer that could not let this go.. I opened it up and after lots of searching I found that it was caused by a (in my opinion) worthless way of making a connector. I added a picture of this part. It is a connector that is covered with kapton tape, after wiggeling the wires to not touch each other anymore all errors disappeard an video feed was restored! Everything works fine again. I tried to solve this using every option proposed on Google until page 10 but this fix was not known until I discovered it. Hope this helps you guys.
2018-4-14
Use props
djiuser_wDQrBPJ5ibvY
New

Denmark

Here is the picture for the post above ;)
IMG_20180414_153941467_HDR.jpg
2018-4-14
Use props
Foxfilex
lvl.1
Brazil

fansea35bb6a Posted at 2018-3-29 10:35
Out of the box, first connected to iPhone X and got this message Air encoder Error (0x800000) with no signal and image transmission issues, then tried on iPhone 6S and same problem. Tried all sorts of things I could find in this forum, change SD cards, restart devised, calibrate drone and gimbal,  firmware downgrades, restore default settings, etc. Today I called support center and they told me it was an iOS issue and I should downgrade from 11.2.6 to 11.2.2 in other to get my brand new aircraft to work with my mobile devices. But of course that is not possible with iOS unless you jailbreak your phone, they said I should talk to apple.....
Then they said that with Android I wouldn't have any issues at all. After that said from the Dji support center, I decided to get my bloody brand new drone to fly at no cost. I went to the store and bought an Android tablet, installed the Dji Go 4 app and surprise!!!! Same bloody problem as with iPhones. Im really frustrated here. Any help, please?

yes sell this crap and let's wait for a more respectful company. you have no idea how expensive this drone it is in Brazil and doesn't work 95% of the time.
2019-1-28
Use props
djiuser_108SxYvUSkwM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287441 ft
Italy

djiuser_wDQrBPJ5ibvY Posted at 2018-4-14 06:02
I had a slight crash with my dji spark and afterwards it had an encoder error and sensor error. In the top left it showed "no signal" and no video feed or SD card recognition was working.. after a lot of forum searching I could not find a fix. I tried everything that was reported online.. dji told me to send it in but I am an engineer that could not let this go.. I opened it up and after lots of searching I found that it was caused by a (in my opinion) worthless way of making a connector. I added a picture of this part. It is a connector that is covered with kapton tape, after wiggeling the wires to not touch each other anymore all errors disappeard an video feed was restored! Everything works fine again. I tried to solve this using every option proposed on Google until page 10 but this fix was not known until I discovered it. Hope this helps you guys.

Hello. I have the same problem after a little crash. Found what you can see from the image above. A single wire from the gimbal cable cut.
Waiting for the spare part to be delivered. With your post I'm more comfortable to solve the problem.

Thank you for sharing, always.
IMG_20190609_123743.jpg
2019-6-12
Use props
djiuser_7PurKLtMOGIp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2654 ft

Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-21 22:46

Hello i have the same problem. Ca n you tell me where to look?  I m not engeneer bit i can chamge a flex cable or a vision mainboard. Where i have to check.? Tks in advance
Screenshot_20190623-052451.png
2019-6-22
Use props
djiuser_7PurKLtMOGIp
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-21 22:46

Can you tell me where to check for the aircraft emcoder error?
Screenshot_20190623-052451.png
2019-6-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_7PurKLtMOGIp Posted at 6-22 18:30
Can you tell me where to check for the aircraft emcoder error?

Hi there, sorry for the troubles with the drone, was the drone crashed or involved in the hard landing?
For the vision system error, please refer to the tutorial video of Mavic 2 below to calibrate to have a try.

Air Encoder Error 0x800000 means there is an error with the camera coaxial cable or it is not connected properly, we recommend to send in the drone to our repair center for the evaluation. Please contact our support team www.dji.com/support for further assistance, thanks.
2019-6-22
Use props
djiuser_7PurKLtMOGIp
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-22 19:06
Hi there, sorry for the troubles with the drone, was the drone crashed or involved in the hard landing?
For the vision system error, please refer to the tutorial video of Mavic 2 below to calibrate to have a try.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mum2h31g2pc&t=39s

But the coaxial cable its new. Could be the senzor control board?
2019-6-23
Use props
djiuser_7PurKLtMOGIp
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-22 19:06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mum2h31g2pc&t=39s

In romania we dont have service center.
2019-6-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_7PurKLtMOGIp Posted at 6-23 16:07
In romania we dont have service center.

If the issue persists after what I mentioned in 35#, the device will need to be sent in for further diagnosis, please start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index or contact our support team for assistance.
2019-6-23
Use props
djiuser_udcS6gmAqPlB
New

United States

This gentleman is right! They told me it is motherboard and tried to charge me $268 i asked them to ship my drone back! Took me few takes on that wire and kaboom everything works great!
2020-4-15
Use props
Iron Mike
lvl.1

South Africa

I had a slight crash with my dji spark and afterwards it had an encoder error and sensor error. In the top left it showed "no signal" and no video feed or SD card recognition was working.. after a lot of forum searching I could not find a fix. I tried everything that was reported online.. dji told me to send it in but I am an engineer that could not let this go.. I opened it up and after lots of searching I found that it was caused by a (in my opinion) worthless way of making a connector. I added a picture of this part. It is a connector that is covered with kapton tape, after wiggeling the wires to not touch each other anymore all errors disappeard an video feed was restored! Everything works fine again. I tried to solve this using every option proposed on Google until page 10 but this fix was not known until I discovered it. Hope this helps you guys.

I had the same issue as djiuser_wDQrBPJ5ibvY. I removed the bracket over the gimbal and video feeds, and all errors dissapeared.  "Camera sensor error" and "Aircraft encoder Error(0x800000)" are now gone. The vertical lines in the video feed and recorded video are gone, video looks great. There is also no longer the issue of the video disappearing and then reconnecting.
2020-9-1
Use props
fans843962c9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150148 ft
Indonesia

Just replace your core A board with new one
2020-12-14
Use props
سيوفي سيوفي الدراجي
New

Iraq

djiuser_7PurKLtMOGIp Posted at 2019-6-22 18:30
Can you tell me where to check for the aircraft emcoder error?[Image]

2021-4-27
Use props
Wanbli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3848497 ft
United States

Lemonsorbie Posted at 2017-4-1 14:30
Try this .....http://repairerrors.net/0x800000.html

That link is dead! Do you have a newer one?
2021-8-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules