Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Interference
1608 27 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gstan30117
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228645 ft
United States

This evening my grandson and I tried to fly our P3 Standards at the same time but the second one to try to log on to his plane could not connect. We were both using android phones. Anyone have a solution for this? I thought with the 2.4 ghz you could fly two at the same time.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to be standing away from each other and it should work much better.You can also trying to reset the WiFi.
2016-12-21
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-22 07:36
You need to be standing away from each other and it should work much better.You can also trying to reset the WiFi.

Does this mean the P3 Standard will not switch 4.2g channels after it establishes a link  or is it overly sensitive to adjacent channel bleed over?
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Betamace Posted at 2016-12-21 17:11
Does this mean the P3 Standard will not switch 4.2g channels after it establishes a link  or is it overly sensitive to adjacent channel bleed over?

The video is 2.4 and the RC control is 5.8, stand about 10-15ft apart and you should be fine.
2016-12-21
Use props
Gstan30117
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-21 20:51
The video is 2.4 and the RC control is 5.8, stand about 10-15ft apart and you should be fine.

We tried it about 75' apart and still had the interference.
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, forum member and friend Rigworker and I, have flown our drones together, several times.
Well his is an Advanced, mine being a Professional, we've not experienced any problems or encountered any difficulties.
I even used his model, as a Point Of Interest, as I flew circles around and above his drone. No errors or warnings were had.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-21
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-22 09:51

Obviously you did not comprehend my question.
Allow me to clarify.

Interference is often reported in this forum. Will the P3s perform a scan for a different channel if the channel it is linked with suddenly becomes congested as the drone travels?

Does the P3s scan for clear channels at all?   
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Gstan30117@hotm Posted at 2016-12-21 19:22
We tried it about 75' apart and still had the interference.

Try resetting the WiFI.
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-21 19:26
Yes, forum member and friend Rigworker and I, have flown our drones together, several times.
Well his is an Advanced, mine being a Professional, we've not experienced any problems or encountered any difficulties.
I even used his model, as a Point Of Interest, as I flew circles around and above his drone. No errors or warnings were had.

The Standard uses regular WiFi, the Advanced and Professional uses Lightbtidge. The Standard is more prone to interference.
2016-12-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-21 21:49
The Standard uses regular WiFi, the Advanced and Professional uses Lightbtidge. The Standard is more prone to interference.

Hey DJI-Ken, how's it going? Ah, yes that makes a lot more sense to me. I tend to forget that significance pertaining to Lightbridge onboard with the Pro', Adv', and the Standard using WiFi. My only experience flying a drone with WiFi network was my Parrot AR Drone 2.0.
With those, first you turn on the drone, then in the iPad go to settings and find your Drones wifi network, to join. Open the app of your choice, and there are many. Tap the take off tab, the AR would lift off to one metre and away you go.

But so restricting. Fun none the less. That was my entry into RC piloting, flying drones. It! Has! Been! great!! ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-21
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

It should have worked, people do it all of the time. Did you try the reverse, log on to his Phantom first and then try to logon with yours?
2016-12-22
Use props
Gstan30117
lvl.3
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-22 08:47
It should have worked, people do it all of the time. Did you try the reverse, log on to his Phantom first and then try to logon with yours?

Yes, tried that.
2016-12-22
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Then yours wouldn't connect?
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-21 22:56
Hey DJI-Ken, how's it going? Ah, yes that makes a lot more sense to me. I tend to forget that significance pertaining to Lightbridge onboard with the Pro', Adv', and the Standard using WiFi. My only experience flying a drone with WiFi network was my Parot AR Drone2.0.
With those, first you turn on the drone, then in the iPad go to settings and find your Drones wifi network, to join. Open the app of your choice, and there are many. Tap the take off tab, the AR would lift off to one metre and away you go.

Indeed the standard WiFi aircraft have much more of a limited range. Even the Mavic in WiFi mode only goes a few hundred feet.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Did resetting the video downlink hep at all?
2016-12-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-22 08:31
Indeed the standard WiFi aircraft have much more of a limited range. Even the Mavic in WiFi mode only goes a few hundred feet.

DJI-Ken, Interesting, because I didn't know the Mavic has a WiFi mode either. ;-)

Learn something "knew" everyday?! Haha

RedHotPoker

2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-22 10:40
DJI-Ken, Interesting, because I didn't know the Mavic has a WiFi mode either. ;-)

Learn something "knew" everyday?! Haha

It does indeed, there's a switch on the aircraft that you switch it to then power up the aircraft and you can fly it with your iPad or other device ONLY AND NO RC NEEDED.
It's limited and doesn't give you all the features, I'd tried it and personally I'd rather fly with the RC/phone.
2016-12-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-22 10:52
It does indeed, there's a switch on the aircraft that you switch it to then power up the aircraft and you can fly it with your iPad or other device ONLY AND NO RC NEEDED.
It's limited and doesn't give you all the features, I'd tried it and personally I'd rather fly with the RC/phone.

It's always nice to have a variety of options. But wifi isn't adequate to fly.
That was one of the reasons the AR Drone 2.0 was so limiting. Tilting the iPad to change flight direction, left a lot to be desired.
But it was fun toy, and I still play with mine on rare occasion. They do look very cool too. ;-)

Even the Lume Cube app wifi connections gets lost in a not too distant travel. When returning to wifi connection distance, they don't reconnect. How does longer distance flight in the Mavic work? I suppose you get a warning, saying max distance has been reached? Admittedly, I haven't done my homework. Suppose I should have also read the Mavic PDF manual/s. It's always good, to keep abreast of the current models.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-22 12:38
It's always nice to have a variety of options. But wifi isn't adequate to fly.
That was one of the reasons the AR Drone 2.0 was so limiting. Tilting the iPad to change flight direction, left a lot to be desired.
But it was fun toy, and I still play with mine on rare occasion. They do look very cool too. ;-)

Yes, the Mavic in WiFi mode is limited to only a few hundred feet.
2016-12-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-22 13:06
Yes, the Mavic in WiFi mode is limited to only a few hundred feet.

DJI-Ken, I was just reading a thread on the knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32295
Fellow mentions; "I would have to say the Xiro Xplorer G.

I own the Hubsan H501S X4 as well, and you're gonna have a blast with the DJI Mavic once you perfect the Husban. They fly about the same, except don't trust the terrain following mode on the Mav. It's a false sense of security. All the app stuff is a joke anyway. Fly the Mav as aggressive as you do the X4, and you'll get some great FPV footage in sport mode."

Is there any way to tweak that terrain following mode, so that it most reliable? Reading this above post, is sort of disconcerting.
If/when I ever buy a Mavic, having that mode be more precise would be optimal.
I often love to fly, quite close to the ground, but must always be aware of the slight or abrupt changes in topography.
Suppose, if I'm just to fly higher above the earth, would kind of solve this, to a degree. But that's not the purpose of the mode, is it?

RedHotPoker

2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-23 07:14
DJI-Ken, I was just reading a thread on the knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32295
Fellow mentions; "I would have to say the Xiro Xplorer G.

Just for you, I will tinker more with the intelligent flight modes this weekend and next weekend and report back.From my testing so far, the intelligent flight modes work great.
2016-12-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-22 21:34
Just for you, I will tinker more with the intelligent flight modes this weekend and next weekend and report back.From my testing so far, the intelligent flight modes work great.

DJI-Ken, Yes, please do that. But it's the terrain following mode in question. I have no vested interest, just found that post on knifeedge interesting.  Take them delightful miniscule cubes for a test ride too. Haha

I look forward to your report, but looking more for your vids and pics. ;-)

Have fun, fly safe and happy landing. Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-23 13:39
DJI-Ken, Yes, please do that. But it's the terrain following mode in question. I have no vested interest, just found that post on knifeedge interesting.  Take them delightful miniscule cubes for a test ride too. Haha

I look forward to your report, but looking more for your vids and pics. ;-)

Will do, have a good weekend and Christmas.
2016-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-23 08:22
Will do, have a good weekend and Christmas.

Same to you, bud.
I plan on having a quiet, safe and peaceful week. Which includes New Years Eve.

Hopefully the weather will break, enough for me to take a blast on my SpYder. ;-)

Post them videos when you have them... Ha

I can't wait for the flood of new members, joining up here, next week!!

RedHotPoker
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-24 02:04
Same to you, bud.
I plan on having a quiet, safe and peaceful week. Which includes New Years Eve.

Will do, you too, and yes it's going to be a very bust week next week.
2016-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-23 12:30
Will do, you too, and yes it's going to be a very bust week next week.

Before you go off, to enjoy the Turkey and Dressing, would you please look into my forum points auditing.
I received an email from DJI yesterday,
"Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for your continued support of DJI!

We would like to remind you that you have a lot of unused DJI Credits, which can be used on any product in the Official DJI Online Store, in your DJI account.

Your DJI Credits account balance is equivalent to:

USD $47 DJI Credit
To use DJI Credit on your next purchase, just enter the amount of DJI Credit you would like to use during checkout. If the amount of available Credit is less than your total order amount, you can pay the difference with one of our other payment methods.

Order now to take advantage of our Xmas offers with your DJI Credit."

But the points I converted on Nov27 are still showing Auditing, today??
Big thanks DJI-Ken, your participation here had been rewarding and appreciated by most if not all of us here.  
Cudo's bud. ;-)

Happy holidays, and safe travels on them trails, always...

RedHotPoker
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-24 03:52
Before you go off, to enjoy the Turkey and Dressing, would you please look into my forum points auditing.
I received an email from DJI yesterday,
"Dear DJI Customer,

I don't have any idea how the points work, but I will try and get some info.
Also, please start as new thread as we are intruding on this one.
2016-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-23 13:06
I don't have any idea how the points work, but I will try and get some info.
Also, please start as new thread as we are intruding on this one.

Thanks, I truly appreciate the attention to details.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-75524-1-1.html

But. . . Time waits for no one, and it don't wait for me.
Please who ever is in charge of this function, have the points conversion auditing, complete itself in a much timelier fashion/manner. ;-)

Onward and upward. All ways.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules