P2 batteries...
1176 3 2014-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gunslinger
New

United States

HEY!!! At LAST!!!  You have your own forum to give you the ability to disavow your responsibility to P2 owners regarding the faulty designed batteries that can easily cause personal injury, property damage, and the loss of the P2 aircraft...

Excellent...

Please commence to ignore my plight...

Thanks...
-slinger

2014-10-4
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry but as I have 3 of them I have to ask, what is this design fault you are speaking about ?
2014-10-4
Use props
gunslinger
New

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-5 08:00
Sorry but as I have 3 of them I have to ask, what is this design fault you are speaking about ?

MANY of us with the original battery are experiencing auto landing.  When hooking the P2 up to the Phantom Assistant software, all looks perfectly fine.  I've had this happen to me a number of times when the app is showing 40+% battery life available.  This is not an RTH.  It just simply slowly starts to land no matter where it is.  Over a car, over a person... over a baby carriage.  

There is absolutely no warning and, again, looking at the battery through DJI's own software shows that all is well.  No hint of any problem.  

I've read that the problem may be a quick voltage drop triggering this.  For an expensive battery that's keeping an expensive, and possibly lethal, aircraft aloft... this is absolutely unacceptable...  IMHO{:3_50:}

-slinger

2014-10-5
Use props
steved
New

United States

Hello... 1st time on this forum, thanks for reading.  I've had the P2 for about 6 months, it's worked very well.  But yesterday I had this same problem.  Today, I'm doing testing... 1st, I completely drained the batts and then fully charged.  When flying, with about 60% battery life remaining, the P2 flashes red 6 times.  If the warning continues, the P2 will slowly land straight down.  I can keep it flying, even with the warning, by using throttling all the way up.  If I let the P2 land, it will idle on the ground for about 10 seconds, then lights turn green, then throttle up on it own and go airborne, then hover at about 10 feet.  Red warnings come again after about 10 seconds.  I've had the P2 for about 6 months, it's worked very well up until yesterday.  It almost landed in the water, I managed to bank left and land in the mangroves... no harm done, but it was a close one.  Anybody?
2014-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules