Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
App disconnects during flight
1674 11 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Auspete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Australia

First 5 times out with the Mavic was flawless.
Today the App disconnected when about 150 metres out. Used RTH to get the Mavic back. Happened with both DJI Go and Go 4. (disconnected at 150 metres distance with Go4 and at 240 metres with Go)
Flying in non built up area.
No erratic flight behaviour observed.
Flight path stopped when the App disconnected. When it was back close to me I swapped to the other app. and it reconnected on both occasions.
Using IPhone 6+; and original cable
All firmware up to date

Any suggestions would be appreciated
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What device are you using? If not using one from the list below, please try that.
Also, are all other apps closed?
Have you tried a different USB cable?

Recommended Devices       
ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2016-12-21
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-22 15:47
What device are you using? If not using one from the list below, please try that.
Also, are all other apps closed?
Have you tried a different USB cable?

Thanks Ken for the lightning reply - much appreciated
As per my original post - I'm using iPhone 6+ with DJIs supplied cable.  There were no other apps running.
All runs ok with my P4.
Checking another forum where others have had the same problem, they suggest to try another cable.
So as per your suggestion will try an Apple cable in the bottom port tomorrow morning.
Thanks again
2016-12-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Auspete Posted at 2016-12-21 22:36
Thanks Ken for the lightning reply - much appreciated
As per my original post - I'm using iPhone 6+ with DJIs supplied cable.  There were no other apps running.
All runs ok with my P4.

Sorry about that, I overlooked the device.
Let me know if your charging cable works, and you have to unplug the side port to make the bottom one active.
2016-12-22
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Mm!!! Flew this morning using the Apple iPhone cable connected to the bottom USB and  it flew perfectly. Maybe there is a problem with the Short DJI  cable.
Guess I'll let DJI know

2016-12-24
Use props
cmd.rewen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2687 ft
Germany

No it is your phone !

check this Post http://forum.dji.com/thread-72870-1-1.html

Set yout phone to the Airplane Mode that helps mostly.
Maybe there is a problem to your Hardware DJI not find out jet.

all the  besst Rewen
2016-12-24
Use props
Kamilo
lvl.1

Poland

Use different connecting cable
2016-12-24
Use props
JFXMedia
lvl.2

United States

Nah nothing fixes it. I've had the same issue for no thanks actually since I got it. It's random seeming. Yesterday I couldn't fly it at all because in less than half a minute each time I'd get total disconnection over and over about 5 feet from me. Today it may not disconnect once.
2016-12-25
Use props
Syphon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 525302 ft
United States

I am also having this issue well similar. Mine is losing Image Transmission Signal. . It started just a few days ago. Was fine before that.

iPhone 7 using DJI Cable, latest app and firmware.

Only a few seconds into my flight and lost my image with an error saying "No Image Transmission Signal" asking me if I wanted to do RTH. Since I was just hovering still, I was able to control it and land it manually with line of sight.

I shut the DJI app down and then turned it back on and things seemed good, the image was back. I took off again but then 1 minute into the flight lost image transmission again, I manually flew it back in and landed.

To further trouble shoot this, I took the drone flying at an entire different location, to show it off for Christmas to the family. Same thing happened multiple times.

It seems closing out the app and restarting it fixes this, however, coming in to land every time is not fun at all. Is this a bad app update or bad firmware?
2016-12-25
Use props
vliegmeer
lvl.1

Germany

for me it's definitely an issue with the thin dji cable.
i had lots of app disconnects.
since i use my standard apple lightning cable at the usb port i have no disconnects at all.
iphone6s+
2016-12-25
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

I have reported it to DJI Support and in their reply they said don't fly near buildings and be careful of Wifi interference and ensure correct orientation of antennas etc.
I have told them again that I only fly in open areas with no buildings and reiterated that it only occurs with the short cable.  My P4 has never had any problems at the same location.(probably 50+ flights there)
Some will say "then just use the iPhone cable"  - but that's very uncomfortable because it doesn't have the 90 degree connection into the iPhone and I am always bending the cable.
I have searched for a "certified Apple" replacement cable but cant find one.
Within the next couple of days I hope to receive an iPhone sunshade from "AerialDrone Accessories" which locates the iPhone below the RC handles. I'm hoping this will keep the normal iPhone cable away from where you grip the handle.
Anyway - had my gripe for the day - so I'm happy - AND otherwise still really happy with my Mavic!!!!!!
2016-12-26
Use props
Auspete
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Auspete Posted at 2016-12-27 15:50
I have reported it to DJI Support and in their reply they said don't fly near buildings and be careful of Wifi interference and ensure correct orientation of antennas etc.
I have told them again that I only fly in open areas with no buildings and reiterated that it only occurs with the short cable.  My P4 has never had any problems at the same location.(probably 50+ flights there)
Some will say "then just use the iPhone cable"  - but that's very uncomfortable because it doesn't have the 90 degree connection into the iPhone and I am always bending the cable.

I must give credit to DJI Support.
They have asked me to return everything so that they can look at it (at their cost).
But I am not sure whether I want  to do that.
I have been successfully using the original iPhone cable into the bottom USB.   I am waiting for an iphone sunshade from AerialDrone Accessories to arrive which lowers the iPhone below the RC handles. If this works it will keep the iPhone cable away from the RC handles that you hang onto. If it works I wont worry about the supplied DJI flat cable.
2016-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules