Mavic Pro Sun Shade ...
2974 2 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeff Davis
New
United States

A quick note to share first impressions from the Aerial Drone Accessories sun shade which arrived today.

I purchased the shade for the iPad Mini 4 and controller set up for my Mavic Pro drone Stacy, the owner of the company uses 3D printing to produce his products. I believe he just started shipping new offerings the last few weeks. He is a drone pilot and seems well aware of critical product requirements.

First impressions? The system is quite well designed. The pieces start as flat layers that are linked together The iPad Mini 4 slides into a compartment with the controls accessible. The sun shades then swivels up and connects together in a firm structure (there are tabs that allow the side panels to snap firmly into place). The controller locks then into the top of the shade firmly as well. Once you get the process down, it seems easy and rapid.

Note, for early customers ... When the shade arrived it was not clear to me how to finish the assembly of the system and lock in the controller. Fortunately, Stacy was available by phone to walk me through the steps. Turns out, you just press the contoller arms (used to hold a phone) and the knobs on the sun shade together and the system locks into place. Stacy indicated a short tutorial video story is coming soon.

I have not used this shade system yet in the field. My sense is that this approach holds strong promise. I plan to use this gear on an upcoming doc trip in Africa. The shade panels are about as high as possible to still allow the box to collapse when not in use.

I looked at a number of shade products for the iPad Mini.

Thought other Mavic Pro users might be looking for a similar product and appreciate some feedback. Given Stacy's customer service today, which was greatly appreciated, I shamelessly offer a link to his website: www.aerialdroneaccessories.com

The shades are more expensive than many offerings, but seem to bring a solid, thoughtful design to many outdoor lighting challenges.

Jeff

2016-12-21
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

Looking at the photos, it doesn't appear that you can access any of the hard buttons.  Is that the case?  My concern is that I've had the DJI app crash or maybe I want to switch over to Litchi.  I wouldn't be able to do this (on Android) I don't think without access to the home button or others.
2016-12-21
Use props
Jeff Davis
New
United States

Actually, I had the same concern. Turns out there are cut outs on the shade system for your monitor's home button, on/off button, power/miniUSB connector (to connect to the controller), and volume button. All of the controller functions are accessible. I just mucked around with the system tonight. It seems like a great fit for my needs.
2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules