P3S compass error
1188 9 2016-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bassgrimm1
lvl.2
United States

My P3S shows an error, tells me to calibrate compass but says magnetic field interference. No matter where I go, I get this message. Only thing different is that I changed landing gear due to crack in original gear. Flew immediately after changing and flew fine. Now this. HELP, I need my drone back. Thanks
2016-12-21
Use props
Ciro Italy
lvl.3

Italy

do a calibration, if you can't try reinstalling an old version of dji go
2016-12-22
Use props
bassgrimm1
lvl.2
United States

Tried both. Any other ideas?
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

bassgrimm1 Posted at 2016-12-22 16:38
Tried both. Any other ideas?

When you installed the landing gear, was it the side with the compass and if so, did you ensure it was installed correctly? Just to clarify, have you already tried an IMU calibration and then another compass calibration?
2016-12-22
Use props
bassgrimm1
lvl.2
United States

Changed both sides.Compass installed just as it was on original gear. IMU says normal. Can I calibrate IMU if it shows normal?
2016-12-22
Use props
bassgrimm1
lvl.2
United States

I found IMU calibration. Trying it now.
2016-12-22
Use props
bassgrimm1
lvl.2
United States

No change in status after IMU calibration. Still unable to calibrate compass.
2016-12-22
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

Can you reuse the compass from the old gear - ie. remove it and replace the compass in the new gear
2016-12-22
Use props
bassgrimm1
lvl.2
United States

I didn't get a new compass with the new gear. Had to put the original compass on new gear. But it worked afterwards. That was a few weeks ago, haven't used since. Tried to fly yesterday and had this issue.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

bassgrimm1 Posted at 2016-12-23 05:59
I didn't get a new compass with the new gear. Had to put the original compass on new gear. But it worked afterwards. That was a few weeks ago, haven't used since. Tried to fly yesterday and had this issue.

Sorry to hear about the issue, since you have done all the basic troubleshooting, if still cannot get it calibrated, it would be best to get it checked by our engineers.
You can contact the local DJI authorized repair centers for help or send it in to our service center.
http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules