4490 73 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have only had it out a couple of times weather and work commitments, but from what I've seen so far this is everything I thought it would be, everything working fine, wind warning a little excessive, have much studying and work to do with camera . Very happy
2017-1-2
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not happy at all. I started with the P4P+. Had to take that back... The video kept breaking up (regardless of whether I was using 2.4 or 5.8). The second one seemed to set up Ok. However, I have experienced momentary video feed freezing. On its first flight I lost all radio and video contact about 2000' out and 200' height. I did not get control again until the aircraft was 1000' away.

When I start the aircraft the gimbal cycles up and down repeatedly until I take off. I am sick and tired of the constant wind warnings even though the wind speed today was about 3mph.

I sold my P4 to buy this which I am deeply regretting. Have owned a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, Phantom 3, Inspire 1 and Mavic Pro. I am sure that my problems are not widespread but, so far, I am extremely unimpressed!
2017-1-2
Use props
Daschpiel
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Happy customer so far.  My p4P+ has operated pretty much flawlessly so far. I would like to see the Here Maps switched back to Google maps, but I am not holding my breathe on that one.
2017-1-2
Use props
fans159e7cdb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1006089 ft
Austria

Hi to all and a good and safe flight everytime and best wishes for 2017.

Have the P4P with Android, everything is perfect

My wishes - more high for flying (living in the mountains), ND-filters (I know, coming soon) AND preparing Waypoint-Flight-Shedule on PC / Off-Flight just like as Litchi - all this would be great.

Best regards - Andi
2017-1-2
Use props
fans159e7cdb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1006089 ft
Austria

Andi again - pleas sorry....

Forgot one wish. Would be great, whe the Log-File from the current fly would be logged also in the RC/Tab/Mob-Device and not only in the aircraft...you know the problem, when aircraft is lost..

Thanks again !
2017-1-2
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

Irishbogman Posted at 2016-12-27 13:21
My first drone, mesmerised, had to do a return journey of 330 miles to Dublin on Christmas eve to pick it up, they got 8 in and had one left !!! Picked the pro as photography is a hobby of mine, would have loved to get the Mavic but they are impossible to source, pity it doesn't come with a hard copy of the user manual especially considering the cost of the drone, wonder if it is possible to buy one, spent over a day familiarising myself with the basic controls and updating drone and control firmware, activating and registering it, took it out twice, today to the cliffs near Galley head, problems with focusing, work perfectly yesterday....My first post here so regards to all....Charles

GEEZ! If I had to make a 330 mile trip.... I would have bought both  the Mavic and the P4P! Just to make sure I wouldn't be tempted to do that again.

With a round trip of 660 miles...... the hell with the extra 999.00 USD..

I couldn't imagine a more scenic trip however. however for you not being a tourist,  I hope all the work was worth it.
2017-1-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AlaskanTides Posted at 2017-1-2 22:14
GEEZ! If I had to make a 330 mile trip.... I would have bought both  the Mavic and the P4P! Just to make sure I wouldn't be tempted to do that again.

With a round trip of 660 miles...... the hell with the extra 999.00 USD..

I think it was 330 mile round trip, Ireland measures 301 miles 486 km in length , so if he had to travel the length of Ireland the last 28 miles would have been by boat . Lol ,  unfortunately you cannot get a Mavic for love nor money in Ireland at the moment, although I have one, but they are few and far between..
2017-1-3
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

Fotch Posted at 2016-12-22 09:23
I'm disappointed that 3rd party apps can't be installed on the +, if you are planning on using it for photogrammetry, I would skip on the + and just get the pro and separate tablet. the screen is a bit on the small side anyway.

hopefully they will add app support shortly though.

Too late for me.  I wanted to use it for a photomosaic of a 1000 acres.  Battery and 4+ limited due to availability and the need to use a rd party app.
2017-1-3
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

nickedw Posted at 2016-12-22 12:53
The jury is still out for me. I'm a pro operator and bought the original P4, Largely because I didn't believe the hype. I was wrong, it was outstanding.

I traded up to P4p+ with high hopes.  There are niggles, I had a very nasty moment with total signal loss at 200feet altitude, 10 metres away, clear sky - what the hell? I put it down or 5.8ghz in the UK - not proven.

I agree with nickedw.  I am not ready to throw it in to one category or the next.  I have all the same issues and a gimble up and down issue but hopefully I have that little glitch sorted.  Not sure yet.  The HD stream on the display breaks up a lot but the video is good when I get it to the right computer that can handle it.  I have had the SD card stuck a few time in the controller but I know carry a tweezers in the kit for removal.
2017-1-3
Use props
RoadmasterD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188527 ft
United States

@Harborseal, The P4P and P4P+ are identical except for the controller.  Only the plus has the built in screen.  In retrospect, I don't know if I would buy the plus again but since I have it I'll enjoy it.  I may purchase a regular controller so I can try flying with my own display device and use 3rd party apps.

As for the P4P, I love it.  It's my first higher end UAS so I don't have much to compare to.  It's a heck of a lot easier to fly than a 450 sized helicopter.
2017-1-3
Use props
Juergen P4p
lvl.2

Philippines

Not so happy
Although if everything working as it should be then it's a great unit.
I bought it to use it in vacation to record some nice aerial shoots. Now I am in Vacation and the Gimbal fails. That's very annoying.
2017-1-4
Use props
Irishbogman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64318 ft
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-2 10:58
Easy enough printed out and use as reference, good luck with your P4Pro. What part of Ireland you in.

Im in Cork, just outside the city, using the 4 Pro to photograph old castles, ruins etc, are you down this way?
2017-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Irishbogman Posted at 2017-1-4 07:43
Im in Cork, just outside the city, using the 4 Pro to photograph old castles, ruins etc, are you down this way?

On the Atlantic coast enniscrone co Sligo , sounds like good fun that. Good luck
2017-1-4
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

Should have a choice of Don't know yet. I am happy for the most part, but had to mail my aircraft back for repair so that doesn't make me happy. So I voted not happy since there was no inbetween.
2017-1-5
Use props
MrWhite
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272 ft
United States

Received the 4p+ in the beginning of Dec. and for the most part I'm happy but on a couple of flights when the aircraft was only a few feet from me I lost control and it started to fly directly at me. Fortunately I grabbed it by the landing skids before it could hurt me or bystanders. What type of data is displayed from the flight data files?
2017-1-5
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

I absolutely love mine have a second one on they way already! Just got this one as a gift for Christmas! That should tell you how much I love and enjoy mine!
2017-1-5
Use props
Langstonius
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218087 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was happy until i realized just how restricted the p4p+ screen is.
2017-1-5
Use props
wurni
New
Germany

I am very upset.
I bought the ph4p +, because I thought that android directly from dji has a super service. That's not the case. IOs already has 2 updates, as language, there is already a while German and the ground station can be used already. At my gimbal, the camera points to the right and I do not see how DJI recommends forcing the gimbal to the left towards the end. The things cost a lot of money and DJI seems to have a quality problem.
A bright display alone is not enough, at the same time you have to worry about the Android app. It seems to me that the product PH4pro is simply not finished. I hope very much, das DJI now his homework makes and I can be reconciled?
2017-1-6
Use props
OutandAbout
lvl.1

Australia

I am not happy with my new DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus and I have had no end of problems with setting it up.
2017-1-6
Use props
Darrendirl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 822021 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Irishbogman Posted at 2017-1-4 07:43

Not to rain on your parade but you need to read the IAA website about the OPW rules on that. Basically no fly zones for castles and ruins etc without OPW written permission for each site. And yes, they do enforce it actively.
2017-1-8
Use props
GH057xR7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182897 ft
United States

Happy until I flew in follow me mode. Obstacle avoidance on...etc, all. It followed me and flew off INTO a tree not even on my path. So not happy bcuz it's damaged now.
2017-1-8
Use props
GH057xR7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182897 ft
United States

All good until flew in follow me mode. P4Pro flew away from me INTO a tree. Damaged now. Not happy. All prefs set correctly, obstacle avoidance, etc... idk what happened.
2017-1-8
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

Love my P4+.  Perfect out of the box and over 50 flights. Love it
2017-1-8
Use props
zerubeusy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108547 ft

United Kingdom

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DJI FIX THE APP TO WORK WITH SONY EXPERIA XZ PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE
2017-1-9
Use props
OutandAbout
lvl.1

Australia

I am totally not happy with DJI's customer service
2017-1-9
Use props
samg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7173363 ft
  • >>>
United States

Screen quality = AWESOME. Lack of focus peaking and the fact that the DJI Go Software on it is less reliable than the iOS version is problematic. But I expect that these 2 things will eventually get fixed by DJI.
2017-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

OutandAbout Posted at 2017-1-9 03:48
I am totally not happy with DJI's customer service

Why....???
2017-1-9
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

zerubeusy Posted at 2017-1-9 02:24
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DJI FIX THE APP TO WORK WITH SONY EXPERIA XZ PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the question was about the Phantom, not your phone.
2017-1-9
Use props
sunny051488
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183891 ft
United States

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-1-8 20:10
Love my P4+.  Perfect out of the box and over 50 flights. Love it

damn you're one of the extremely lucky ones i'd say.
2017-1-9
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

sunny051488 Posted at 2017-1-9 09:07

i will say that you are one of the extremely unlucky.

there has been some issues, but most are happy.

it is a never ending story, new technology, new problems.

But DJI has always been good at solving things.
2017-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sunny051488 Posted at 2017-1-9 09:07

You came on to this thread, you must have seen the poll, 70% happy, and this on a forum where a huge amount of people come with there complaints, I'm not to sure how much proof you are looking for..
2017-1-9
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Harborseal Posted at 2016-12-27 16:29
The DJI site doesn't list the P4P or P4P+ in the comparison tool.  What are the differences? Adorama says they both have the included display device.  Can you still use the draw route feature if you don't use their display device?  Thanks.

No....Only the P4P + has the built in Crystal View display. You can use the hand draw on both.
2017-1-9
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

kingstonphoto Posted at 2016-12-25 08:39
unfortunately those aren't available via the US site  ill have to get the regular card reader.

You get them at Amazon:

iDiskk MFI Certified USB Flash Drive with OTG Lightning Connector and Touch ID Encryption for Apple Products, 64GB or 128GB
2017-1-9
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

OutandAbout Posted at 2017-1-6 01:32
I am not happy with my new DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus and I have had no end of problems with setting it up.

Hope this help...

Received the P4 PRO Plus 4 weeks ago,  Like the P4 PRO from last week.  
1- Unboxed -

2- Charged RC and Battery  

3 - Left Aircraft outside for 1/2 hour (2 C. without the battery)  

3- Turned RC on, signed to DJI.  

4- Turned AC (DO NOT UPDATE)  

5- Initialized IMU (Must follow step and images to the letter! or don't come back ). FLAT LEVELED SURFACE - Success. Turn off RC and Ac.  

6- Turn RC / AC back on ( DO NOT UPDATE)  6- Did AUTOMATIC GIMBAL CALIBRATION - Success - Turn off RC and AC  

7 - Turn RC / AC back on, PLUG  THE DONGGLE FROM RC TO the Aircraft  and click DOWNLOAD - It will download and update both in less than 10 miutes.  

8- Turn RC/ AC off - Wait few minutes - Turn RC/ AC on, then did COMPASS CALIBRATION - (remote away, keys, phone ext... away from aircraft) finish calibration and...  UP...  UP... and AWAY

Already flew over 110,000 feet with NO PROBLEM, NO DISCONECT, 10 BELOW ZERO, 35 MILES WIND AND used all the options looks great....  

GOOD LUCK!
2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules