Spam
2025 7 2015-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
test
New

Australia

Guys (and girls) this is getting silly. The amount of spam keeps growing. There is even spam in this report an issue section!  Why is email verifaction not turned on? I just registered with the email addy of fake.email@nosuchurl.com and it worked! Making new signup verify the provided email address wil cut spam to almost nothing.

Also, why is image verifaction switched on for poters with dozens of posts? Switch it off for people in anything but the first user group as no spammer is going to make 20 or 30 legit posts before they can post spam and TBH it's not working anyway is it?

If you can't kill this spam it is going to get worse and worse as word spreads that DJI is an easy target so please either elimate it, remove ti quickly when reported or appoint some moderators to do so! I run forums wityh 100,000 members and I have never seen a worse spam problem than here. Please, fix it!

Regards, Col (trailtec)

2015-2-13
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>

Excellent suggestion and points!
2015-2-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike we use verification.  We are changing the way users gain access to the forum to prevent this in the future.  But until Chinese New Year is over I can do nothing.  Last night I deleted over 1000 spam threads.  I went through every catagory and every thread.  Now there may be spam within existing threads that is going to take longer and users reporting them for me to take action.
2015-2-22
Use props
Observer
lvl.1

Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-2-23 08:22
Mike we use verification.  We are changing the way users gain access to the forum to prevent this in ...
Quoting you...
"Last night I deleted over 1000 spam threads.  I went through every catagory and every thread.".....

So I have been wasting my time?
2015-2-23
Use props
Observer 2
lvl.2

United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2015-2-18 13:24
Excellent suggestion and points!

I'll second that.
2015-2-23
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Observer Posted at 2015-2-23 20:17
Quoting you...
"Last night I deleted over 1000 spam threads.  I went through every catagory and ever ...

No and I have rewarded you for your assistance.  Check your account in a few days.  I appreciate the help.
2015-2-23
Use props
Observer
lvl.1

Australia

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-2-24 01:37
No and I have rewarded you for your assistance.  Check your account in a few days.  I appreciate t ...

In my humble opinion DJI should now remove this thread as it seems it is just prolonging the argument which is now having a counter productive effect.
The opinions are becoming more personal and negative by the day and I foresee this thread becoming nasty.
By their own admission the forum was being neglected, so if the Forum Admins keep an eye on the forum, delete Spam and respond within a resonable time to posts there will be no reason for a repeat occurrence.
A more constructive positive thread would be a sticky pointing out the importance of reporting Spam and objectionable posts without including the hanging out the scalps for the members who hold a different point of view to feed on.
Also I am sure we would all agree the sticky informing us of the update could now be deleted and replaced with a new one starting exactly the same as the original one.
With a Sticky such as these, if they were made to be informational only and not subject to comment would be of benefit.

As for the points I am not interested. I would rather fairness and honesty.
2015-2-23
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Observer Posted at 2015-2-24 05:06
In my humble opinion DJI should now remove this thread as it seems it is just prolonging the argume ...

Observer, while I respect your opinion.  I am not going to remove this thread.  For those that have an issue I want them to know that they have a venue to express their issues.  
2015-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules