RMA (bad) experience via DJI Authorized Store (
1516 6 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf71f84fc
lvl.1

Poland

I bought my Mavic Pro on Monday 12th Dec in newly opened, official, authorised DJI Store in Warsaw

After few days of successful flight on Saturday 17th Dec I got an error “Gimbal Overload”. I didn't have any hard landing or crash whatsoever. After trying to downgrade a firmware I, calibrating, praying and everything that I was able to do I gave up and I called the store where I bought the drone. They have asked me to send the drone to their store as they will handle “express” service and will send the unit back to DJI Europe (Germany). They have told me that if DJI will accept a warranty repair/replacement they will be able to give me new unit right away.

I have asked a store employee if I should send only drone or the whole box. He said that the drone only is enough. So I sent it (on my cost) on Saturday.
Then on Monday I got information that it seems the whole box is required to event start the warranty process. So I sent(again on my cost to speed up the whole process) a box with controller and battery.

Yesterday(Wedensday) I got information that unit was "just" sent to  DJI for examination. So basically I lost 3 days and some money to send it to the strore. It seems I should have send it streight to DJI Europe instead. Not to mention I hve purchased a DJI Care Refresh to have prioritzied handling in case of some problems.

So current situation is that I don't have a drone.
I don't have money I've paid for it
I lost  time and money to send it back to the store.
Instead of speeding up the process I lost 3 day waiting  for guys in the store to event send it to DJI.

So till now, my experiecne with DJI wasn't the best one. I bought a drone for a Christmass brake

So DJI  Europe if you are reading this post I hope you will be able to speed up the whole process and I will have a chance to fly my WORKING drone during Chrismtas 2016!

I will update this post, accordingly.

2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I understand how frustrating that must be.
Could you please provide me with the RMA number?
I'll help to look into it.
2016-12-22
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

This is not DJI's fault but your store... It was basicly wrong judgement. And indeed should have sent it to DJI instead of the store, because they cannot do anything.

2016-12-22
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

The store usual routine is that someone comes in with their broken drone and they take care of sending it to DJI for the repair.   You called and shipped it to the store instead, and they followed their normal procedure of sending it along to DJI.   

The only mistake I see here is that the store should have told you 'you can send it straight to DJI for repair for faster service if you prefer'.    I have a feeling they don't do that because they don't want customers to think they are brushing off after-sale customer service.   Therefore they just have you send it to them so it appears as if they are providing customer support.    Make sense?
2016-12-22
Use props
fansf71f84fc
lvl.1

Poland

NomadRT Posted at 2016-12-22 13:39
The store usual routine is that someone comes in with their broken drone and they take care of sending it to DJI for the repair.   You called and shipped it to the store instead, and they followed their normal procedure of sending it along to DJI.   

The only mistake I see here is that the store should have told you 'you can send it straight to DJI for repair for faster service if you prefer'.    I have a feeling they don't do that because they don't want customers to think they are brushing off after-sale customer service.   Therefore they just have you send it to them so it appears as if they are providing customer support.    Make sense?

I think it's a case, which is a bummer as in the end, it will take longer than via direct channel. Well lesson learned for the future.
2016-12-22
Use props
fansf71f84fc
lvl.1

Poland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-22 12:08
I understand how frustrating that must be.
Could you please provide me with the RMA number?
I'll help to look into it.

Hi,

I'm already in contact with DJI Support.
Case number : CAS-374579-G1Z5Z7
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansf71f84fc Posted at 2016-12-22 22:58
Hi,

I'm already in contact with DJI Support.

Since you had contacted DJI support, if you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules