Landing for no reason
99836 99836 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlameBoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United States

Anyone elses Mavic landing for no reason?

Was flying today (standard and sports) and sometimes when i pulled down the drone decided to go into landing mode instead of going down.

Also other times it decides it doesn't want to go down all together. I used return home to get control of it again.

The odd time when i let go of the controller the drone decides to fly higher and higher for no reason.

I'll upload the flight logs when i get home tonight.

I did have battery errors on two of my batteries but i discharged them and recharged them and the error went away. The symptoms happens on all my batteries.

I have the latest firmware
2016-12-22
Use props
kiltedrunner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484948 ft
Canada

Mine is doing the exact same thing while flying in sport mode. Ascends on it's own and decides to land when I'm dropping down. It caught me off guard a few times now. I'm using the new DJI Go 4 app with an Iphone 6.
I should also point out that my mavic (while in sport mode) would throw up a warning as if it was sensing an object in front of it - even though it was flying in clear and open space.
2016-12-22
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

I'm running on the standard android DJI GO 3.1.1 (567) (says 3.7 in the app store) on a Samsung s7 edge
2016-12-22
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

i did make a small baby in my boxers at one point as i was high up and it wouldn't come down lol
2016-12-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I reinstalled firmware, reset drone, calibrated bla, bla , bla, I then decided to test the mavic out. Everything was fine at first then at about 300 feet it started to climb, so I let it climb.after a few minutes it was at 1700 feet and still going!!! I then used RTH to bring her back home. Definitely a safety issue.
2016-12-22
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

This is the field i fly in. As you can see nothing is close so i shouldn't get interference.

2016-12-22
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-12-22 08:10
I reinstalled firmware, reset drone, calibrated bla, bla , bla, I then decided to test the mavic out. Everything was fine at first then at about 300 feet it started to climb, so I let it climb.after a few minutes it was at 1700 feet and still going!!! I then used RTH to bring her back home. Definitely a safety issue.

That scares me more than a little.   I haven't experienced it, but reading your account makes me nervous.

I think I'm going to call State Farm and get that drone insurance.
2016-12-22
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

1 min into the video is when i couldn't get it down

2016-12-22
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have a 600mb log here does anyone know where I can copy it to? so dji can have a look at it.
Thanks
2016-12-22
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Drone logs
http://uptobox.com/v57wyh227ic5

controller logs
http://uptobox.com/72feam0o68o4
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

FlameBoy Posted at 2016-12-23 03:04
Drone logs
http://uptobox.com/v57wyh227ic5

Hi, I'll help to pass your log files to our engineers for review.
Besides, could you please sync your flight records and provide me with your DJI account email? I'll help to check it.
Is your DJI account email the same as your forum email address?
2016-12-22
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

kiltedrunner Posted at 2016-12-22 05:13
Mine is doing the exact same thing while flying in sport mode. Ascends on it's own and decides to land when I'm dropping down. It caught me off guard a few times now. I'm using the new DJI Go 4 app with an Iphone 6.
I should also point out that my mavic (while in sport mode) would throw up a warning as if it was sensing an object in front of it - even though it was flying in clear and open space.

I had this happen at 250 feet in a open area. Bright sun facing the Mavic's camera can set off the OA system. if you rotate slightly away from the sun this will avoid the condition.

Rich
2016-12-22
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-22 22:31
Hi, I'll help to pass your log files to our engineers for review.
Besides, could you please sync your flight records and provide me with your DJI account email? I'll help to check it.
Is your DJI account email the same as your forum email address?

Hi yes same email as the forum.

How do you sync your flight logs? as i looked in the assistant 2 and couldn't find anything.

There was a sync button but only refreshed the screen

Thanks
2016-12-22
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-12-22 22:54
I had this happen at 250 feet in a open area. Bright sun facing the Mavic's camera can set off the OA system. if you rotate slightly away from the sun this will avoid the condition.

Rich

I had this happen at different heights also and yes it was sunny.

It's just a bit scary when it's so high. Didn't really bother me when its only 10m from the ground.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FlameBoy Posted at 2016-12-23 15:04
Hi yes same email as the forum.

How do you sync your flight logs? as i looked in the assistant 2 and couldn't find anything.

Here is the video tutorial for your reference.
2016-12-23
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-23 00:56
Here is the video tutorial for your reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brKQZ-gTBXg

Hi just done that on my phone.

Do i need to be connected to the drone or is this just for phone?

Thanks
2016-12-23
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

The flight at 201m 7mins into the flight is where i had trouble. You can see me pulling the sticks down and nothing is happening.
The sun was quite bright that day.
2016-12-23
Use props
greyjustice
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Mine did exactly as you described straight out of the box (see post http://forum.dji.com/thread-73540-1-1.html). I eventually sent it for repair and it was replaced stating the original had a faulty 'core board'. The replacement flies like a dream. Shame it was faulty on receipt but I was most impressed with DJI's repair process.
2016-12-23
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

greyjustice Posted at 2016-12-23 11:52
Mine did exactly as you described straight out of the box (see post http://forum.dji.com/thread-73540-1-1.html). I eventually sent it for repair and it was replaced stating the original had a faulty 'core board'. The replacement flies like a dream. Shame it was faulty on receipt but I was most impressed with DJI's repair process.

http://This only happens some times.
2016-12-23
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Happened again a lot today.
Flight recorders synced
2016-12-24
Use props
River One
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2016-12-24 04:07
Happened again a lot today.
Flight recorders synced

Lost all stick control on 10 minute water flight!!!
this morning calibrated the compass, and RC.. under DJI GO4. Then I flew Litchi 11 waypoint flight back to first waypoint with elevation of 98 feet. I then switched from waypoint to fpv and tried to lower the mavic pro. I HAD NO STICK CONTROL AT ALL ON EITHER STICK AND NO NOTICES. The bird would not come down. I then started RTH on Litchi app and it came down to four feet but would not land and continued to Hover. (no stick control at all). With the Mavic hovering in front of me I closed the Litchi app and opened the DJI GO4 app..with newest update from two days ago (this was my first flight with the new firmware. I connected to the mavic BUT STILL HAD NOT STICK CONTROLS FROM EITHER STICK.. I THEN STARTED A NEW RTH UNDER THE GO4 APP.. AND IT ROSE TO RTH SAFE ALTITUDE AND BACK DOWN TO THREE FEET OFF HOME LOCATION. I then tried again to land it and I continued to have no stick controls at all. With battery getting short and me almost in panic mode, I pressed "auto land" which I have never done before.. thank god after the swipe request .. it landed with little battery life. I have kept all the files on the SD card in case DJI would like to see them. I received no notices of needing RC calibration, IMU or compass. I am now terrified to fly and for sure over water. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I have over 1400 flights over 3500 miles and 350hrs plus in the air without any problems at all. This was my fifth flight with the Mavic and the first under the current FW. Maybe DJI Ken or Jamie can advise.
2016-12-24
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I noticed the vps at the bottom right of the screen kept dropping to zero. Is this normal when flying?
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FlameBoy Posted at 2016-12-23 17:04
Hi just done that on my phone.

Do i need to be connected to the drone or is this just for phone?

Just sync it via DJI GO. There's no need to connect it to the drone.
Thank you for your cooperation.
We will help to review it.
2016-12-26
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Every thing is synced. Thanks
2016-12-27
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.2
United States

Pretty scary situation I think I hope you guys get answers
2016-12-27
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have found the issue.

The VPS is dropping to 0.0 while in flight. As soon as this happens i cannot make the drone go down. When i do pull down the app puts the drone into landing after a couple of seconds.

If the drone does not go into landing mode the drone keeps climbing.

I have synced my flight logs again today. The last flight i took had the issue.

I did a calibration today just incase this was the issue and didnt fix it.
2016-12-29
Use props
BennyBoy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

FlameBoy Posted at 2016-12-29 09:18
I have found the issue.

The VPS is dropping to 0.0 while in flight. As soon as this happens i cannot make the drone go down. When i do pull down the app puts the drone into landing after a couple of seconds.

I have exactly the same problem, quite frightening when it just starts climbing. Can someone look at my flight data? I hope I don't have to return my Mavic...
2016-12-30
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Have had this three times in the last few flights. Uploading the logs to the beta portal and noted the error to them there the other day
2016-12-30
Use props
BennyBoy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Bax Posted at 2016-12-30 11:52
Have had this three times in the last few flights. Uploading the logs to the beta portal and noted the error to them there the other day

How did you do that? Was the data requested?
2016-12-30
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Bax Posted at 2016-12-30 11:52

I'm uploading all my logs and reporting errors.
2016-12-30
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 431417 ft
Canada

I think this error is caused by a problem with the Downward Vision Positioning system.  Sounds like the Mavic won't let you descend because it things you are already near to/on the ground.  I think anyone who encounters this problem should just disable the Downward VPS and see if the symptoms continue, and definitely request an RMA with DJI to get it fixed...  Sometimes, all this automation can really screw up the Mavic if it's a hardware issue.  Wish DJI will update the firmware to enable a manual switch to ATTI mode by the pilot so if anything weird happens, you can always manually fly the Mavic back to a safe landing yourself.
2016-12-30
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Turning vps off fixes the issue.
2016-12-31
Use props
way wrong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 351631 ft
Estonia

FlameBoy Posted at 2016-12-31 12:07
Turning vps off fixes the issue.

It's not a fix. Right now it's only temporary solution
2016-12-31
Use props
fans707604b2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51066 ft
United Kingdom

I have exact same issue.  Posted in the other thread too.  I've synced flight records.  The most recent flight today is a good example of this exact problem.
2017-1-1
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Getting this every flight

Means i can only fly it in open fields because im scared it will rise and crash into stuff above.
2017-1-2
Use props
fans1857a3b1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1534478 ft
Switzerland

Hello

i have the same problem with the latest firmware, just got my mavic last week (Switzerland)
i reinstalled the FW 1.3.000 and the same problem not as much like with the FW 1.3.200 but still its here !!
Hope its a software problem!!!
2017-1-2
Use props
bellcraft
lvl.1
Flight distance : 349905 ft
United States

Yep same here, start off it seems ok, climb up 100 feet, or ...random amount of height and let go of the sticks and the thing just goes up faster and faster until you either pull down til it auto lands, return to home, or just quickly turn off the downward vision sensor and fly it down, ...strange in that once its within roughly 8 feet of the ground it behaves as it should.  It's always when I'm above this height that it starts climbing on its own or simply wont descend, OR descends but constantly hits the brakes while coming down averaging around 1 foot per second maybe.... sucks pretty bad when its at 32% battery 400 feet up directly overhead and you aren't sure that you'll be able to get it down in time!  Even with Auto Land enabled mine would hit the brakes over and over like it detects something under it randomly all the way down to around 8 feet then its fine.  My Mavic also F'ing hit the ground after an auto take off the other day without my help.  It started up, lifted up and forward immediately and all motors died around 3 - 4 feet in the air....

No idea what happened as I got no errors on anything, just glad it didn't hit my car that was a little ways off.  Now I have a scuffed up gimbal and underbelly along with the downward sensor issue.  I have DJI care and I definitely don't want a beat up drone returned just because the thing decided to go flying on its own and kill its own engines.  The odd thing was everything was still powered on.  It didn't lose power, it was still on.  No clue what happened.   Beyond this, this thing has been a wonderful drone.
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

bellcraft Posted at 2017-1-2 10:49
Yep same here, start off it seems ok, climb up 100 feet, or ...random amount of height and let go of the sticks and the thing just goes up faster and faster until you either pull down til it auto lands, return to home, or just quickly turn off the downward vision sensor and fly it down, ...strange in that once its within roughly 8 feet of the ground it behaves as it should.  It's always when I'm above this height that it starts climbing on its own or simply wont descend, OR descends but constantly hits the brakes while coming down averaging around 1 foot per second maybe.... sucks pretty bad when its at 32% battery 400 feet up directly overhead and you aren't sure that you'll be able to get it down in time!  Even with Auto Land enabled mine would hit the brakes over and over like it detects something under it randomly all the way down to around 8 feet then its fine.  My Mavic also F'ing hit the ground after an auto take off the other day without my help.  It started up, lifted up and forward immediately and all motors died around 3 - 4 feet in the air....

No idea what happened as I got no errors on anything, just glad it didn't hit my car that was a little ways off.  Now I have a scuffed up gimbal and underbelly along with the downward sensor issue.  I have DJI care and I definitely don't want a beat up drone returned just because the thing decided to go flying on its own and kill its own engines.  The odd thing was everything was still powered on.  It didn't lose power, it was still on.  No clue what happened.   Beyond this, this thing has been a wonderful drone.

Have you calibrated the camera sensors in the Asssitant2 ?
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans1857a3b1 Posted at 2017-1-2 08:19
Hello

i have the same problem with the latest firmware, just got my mavic last week (Switzerland)

See above post.
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-2 00:12
Getting this every flight

Means i can only fly it in open fields because im scared it will rise and crash into stuff above.

See above post, you may have already tried it.
2017-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules