Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Landing for no reason
123Next >
7978 81 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans707604b2 Posted at 2017-1-1 08:20
I have exact same issue.  Posted in the other thread too.  I've synced flight records.  The most recent flight today is a good example of this exact problem.

What is your email and I will review your last flight.
2017-1-2
Use props
bellcraft
lvl.1
Flight distance : 349905 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-2 10:57
Have you calibrated the camera sensors in the Asssitant2 ?

Yeah 3 or 4 times now, plus IMU plus compass many times.  It's doing what everyone else is saying, detecting the ground at altitude until it gets roughly 8-10 feet from the ground... Sometimes higher it'll work ok but once you get around 20 + feet or more, it will randomly start climbing like its avoiding something under it.  
2017-1-2
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

Mine is also continuing to do this, I have uploaded all logs.

Today it tried to descend over the ocean (my first ocean flight)
I flicked it into sports which seemed to give control back and manually flew her home.
2017-1-2
Use props
BennyBoy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-2 10:58

DJI-KEN, I posted that I had the same problem, how do I get my flight data to you. By the way, if VPS is disabled, the problem goes away.....Happens with me at the height limit of VPS, then the reading start flicking red and reading .1,1...........etc. By the way, I have recalibrated everything, including the sensors.
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bellcraft Posted at 2017-1-2 11:07
Yeah 3 or 4 times now, plus IMU plus compass many times.  It's doing what everyone else is saying, detecting the ground at altitude until it gets roughly 8-10 feet from the ground... Sometimes higher it'll work ok but once you get around 20 + feet or more, it will randomly start climbing like its avoiding something under it.

Ok,
It's been reported, let's see what they say.
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Bax Posted at 2017-1-2 11:25

See above post, it's been reported.
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

BennyBoy Posted at 2017-1-2 11:36
DJI-KEN, I posted that I had the same problem, how do I get my flight data to you. By the way, if VPS is disabled, the problem goes away.....Happens with me at the height limit of VPS, then the reading start flicking red and reading .1,1...........etc. By the way, I have recalibrated everything, including the sensors.

I can only review your flight record from the app and it's pretty much the same as you see.
For this the DAT file uploaded and start a ticket with support so they can review the flight data recorder is the best way to do it.
2017-1-2
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United Kingdom

See above post, you may have already tried it.

Ive recalibrated everything and had this issue for sometime now and im still waiting on what to do from Mandy.

I have a drone i can't use because I'm scared of crashing
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-2 13:38
Ive recalibrated everything and had this issue for sometime now and im still waiting on what to do from Mandy.

I have a drone i can't use because I'm scared of crashing

I just tried several times and the only time it say landing is when the aircraft gets a few feet off the ground.
No matter what altitude I am at, when I hold the throttle down it just descends then when it's a few feet from the ground it then says landing and lands.
2017-1-2
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-2 15:03
I just tried several times and the only time it say landing is when the aircraft gets a few feet off the ground.
No matter what altitude I am at, when I hold the throttle down it just descends then when it's a few feet from the ground it then says landing and lands.

It has happened on my last flour flights. Each log I have uploaded to the beta portal as well as completing journals and reporting the bug last week.

I am sure a fix is around the corner.

It did not do this on previous firmware.

2017-1-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Bax Posted at 2017-1-2 15:11
It has happened on my last flour flights. Each log I have uploaded to the beta portal as well as completing journals and reporting the bug last week.

I am sure a fix is around the corner.

OK, we'll see what happens. I don't know why mine or others I know are not experiencing it.
2017-1-2
Use props
Delsonrus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4096877 ft
United States

Calibration in Assistant 2 doesn't help unfortunately. Well in my case I have one normal flight after this calibration and I thought it fixed the problem, but it was just one short flight. Next day I had all the same symptoms again and now calibration doesn't help. VPS shows 0.7ft clearance when I'm flying 100ft above the ground and the drone ascends by itself.
2017-1-2
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

It's the same issue as this. It was ok to start with and has got worse to the point it's every flight now.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-77495-1-1.html
2017-1-3
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

Bax Posted at 2017-1-2 11:25

Whenever i crap myself i click return to home
2017-1-3
Use props
fans707604b2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51066 ft
United Kingdom

Hi DJI-Ken.  I PM'd you my email as requested along with the exact times on 3 of the flights that this occurred.  When watching the flight log in the DJI GO 4 app, it's quite obvious whenever it happens.  The left stick input is shown being pushed down, immediately followed by the display at the top switching from "GPS" to "LANDING".  The alt at this point is still >30metres and the drone is high up in the air.

On another thread, DJI-Mindy says that the likely cause is the "Ultrasonic hardware issue" in this post: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=456917

I've also tried to log a case via the email system, and provided my email/serial number etc.  Got confirmation email from support, but not heard anything since.
2017-1-3
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

Has the Top altitude got anything to do with it?

2017-1-3
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

2017-1-3
Use props
Delsonrus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4096877 ft
United States

bellcraft Posted at 2017-1-2 11:07

Exactly what I'm experiencing. If I turn on Mavic at home and lift it from the floor by hand, VPS correctly detects clearance from 0ft to about 6-7ft. When I fly outside much higher than VPS range, at some point it somehow detects ground and shows 0.7ft. Also I need to mention that I didn't have this issue when I receive my Mavic back in November. I made around 10-20 flights without any problem, so maybe it's a firmware issue?
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Delsonrus Posted at 2017-1-3 05:44
Exactly what I'm experiencing. If I turn on Mavic at home and lift it from the floor by hand, VPS correctly detects clearance from 0ft to about 6-7ft. When I fly outside much higher than VPS range, at some point it somehow detects ground and shows 0.7ft. Also I need to mention that I didn't have this issue when I receive my Mavic back in November. I made around 10-20 flights without any problem, so maybe it's a firmware issue?

It's been reported, but also make sure you are flying within the VPS limitations that are stated in the manual.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans707604b2 Posted at 2017-1-3 03:43
Hi DJI-Ken.  I PM'd you my email as requested along with the exact times on 3 of the flights that this occurred.  When watching the flight log in the DJI GO 4 app, it's quite obvious whenever it happens.  The left stick input is shown being pushed down, immediately followed by the display at the top switching from "GPS" to "LANDING".  The alt at this point is still >30metres and the drone is high up in the air.

On another thread, DJI-Mindy says that the likely cause is the "Ultrasonic hardware issue" in this post: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=77495&pid=623854&fromuid=456917

I did not get a PM.
If you received a conformation form support, then they will get back to you possibly when the flight logs are reviewed.
2017-1-3
Use props
fans707604b2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-3 07:34
I did not get a PM.
If you received a conformation form support, then they will get back to you possibly when the flight logs are reviewed.

Not sure why the PM got lost.  No problem though, support emailed me this afternoon, and I've now supplied all the info they asked for.  Thanks.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans707604b2 Posted at 2017-1-3 07:55
Not sure why the PM got lost.  No problem though, support emailed me this afternoon, and I've now supplied all the info they asked for.  Thanks.

Sounds good, and sorry you are experiencing that.
2017-1-3
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

I am experiencing the same issue exactly.    It's funny because I wasn't earlier in the thread, and then my Mavic started doing it the week before Christmas.    Several days ago I re-calibrated my VPS, but it's been raining solid since then so I haven't been able to test it out again.    It's finally clearing today so maybe I can get a test in today.
2017-1-3
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Ok mine is still exhibiting this behavior.    It will abruptly stop when flying as if it's sensing an obstacle.    At this point if I try down on the control stick to descend, it instead initiates auto landing.    I can cancel out of the auto landing and fly around a bit more and it stops exhibiting the behavior.    It's extremely inconsistent and can't be reproduced reliably.  
2017-1-3
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

My last two very short flights. Both with issues.

http://uptobox.com/dst2uk9inqty

I have also synced the dji go app
2017-1-4
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

I can't help but suspect this is a software issue rather than a hardware problem.     Multiple people experiencing the same thing, and intermittently.    Sounds software to me.
2017-1-4
Use props
fans707604b2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-4 06:43
I can't help but suspect this is a software issue rather than a hardware problem.     Multiple people experiencing the same thing, and intermittently.    Sounds software to me.

I hope it turns out to be software.  I have a case open with DJI atm and they are investigating.  I captured a new flight very quickly today at lunchtime and the problem occurred twice, once at 30 metres, and again at 60 metres.  I exported all flight logs, captured screen grabs of the DJI GO 4 app on flight playback mode showing it, and also provided a video (it is a bright sunny day here so don't think this issue has anything to do with light levels).  Each time it occurs I can see the clearance reading on the controller registering a very low value instead of being blank like it normally is when high above the ground.

The issue was occurring as far back as 5th December 2016 by the looks of it going by this forum thread:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-74867-1-1.html
2017-1-4
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-4 06:43

Yes it does
Looks like there is no if statement on the vps.

e.g.
if (vps <=1)then //this would allow vps to turn on a 1 foot and also off if it lost positioning
switch off vps
endif;

2017-1-4
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-4 06:54
Yes it does
Looks like there is no if statement on the vps.

Exactly my thoughts.   Numerous people on the forum have reported the problem now.   Not just newcomers coming here to report a problem but people that have been here from the start.   
2017-1-4
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-4 07:20
Exactly my thoughts.   Numerous people on the forum have reported the problem now.   Not just newcomers coming here to report a problem but people that have been here from the start.

For those of you having this problem consistently, can you try disabling "Landing Protection" to see if this fixes the errant auto landing? See my post in another thread for more details:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=77495&page=3#pid632440
[EDIT] I incorrectly typed "Precision Landing" when I meant to type "Landing Protection"
2017-1-4
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Can everyone that is having issues open DJI assistant app. Do you see Vision Module Files? in your flight logs

As it seems I do not with VPS enabled

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v41ieb ... 104_180722.jpg?dl=0
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI SenSe
DJI R&D Squad

China

Thanks a lot for providing the log. We analyzd the log data, and the problem was caused by the sonar. It will be fixed in the next release. Thanks again for helping us make mavic better.
2017-1-22
Use props
Jit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536768 ft
Singapore

DJI SenSe Posted at 2017-1-22 20:15
Thanks a lot for providing the log. We analyzd the log data, and the problem was caused by the sonar. It will be fixed in the next release. Thanks again for helping us make mavic better.

So it's confirmed it's a software issue? If it is, I won't be sending my Mavic in but will wait for a firmware release instead.
2017-1-22
Use props
JoostBoZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545948 ft
Singapore

Same question here... I just started an active support thread / email communication with DJI Support, so I'm very keen whether I can wait for the firmware update (and an approx. release date) or whether I continue my support case and send the drone for RMA.
2017-1-23
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

I'm reading this as the next firmware release.   Is that correct?
2017-1-23
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

So....  this will be fixed in a firmware update?
2017-1-24
Use props
Jit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536768 ft
Singapore

Come on DJI, from that last post it seems like you have the problem figured out. It can't be that hard to tell us if it's a hardware or software fix.
2017-1-24
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

The longer I don't hear a definitive, the more I assume it's hardware and they are just trying to not get a flood of RMA drones.
2017-1-25
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

wonder if thats what happened in this flight

2017-1-25
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this same issue. I RMA'd my mavic and it turns out that they discovered that the ESC board was faulty. They ended up shipping me a brand new replacement. I would strongly suggest you put in a RMA ticket.
2017-1-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules