P4P+ & 3rd Party Apps (future support?)
1470 8 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fotch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161 ft
Canada

I just received my P4P+ and went to install Pix4DCapture on the controller. I'm more than just a little disapointed that 3rd party apps are not installable.

Is this something dji is working on implementing?

It would be nice if DJI brought back the ground station or added a photogrammetry tool to the GO 4 app.

Has anyone found a workaround to install apks on the controller?

Or, has anyone attempted to dissconnect the supplied screen and connect a different phone/tablet?

2016-12-22
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can't add any apps in its current state, I have tried and it tells you there is not enough space even though there is.

I would not attempt to disconnect the screen, that's just asking to screw something up and it's also not going to suddenly make you able to connect a different device.
2016-12-22
Use props
gvgeorge
lvl.2
United States

I wonder if this is just a DJI oversight or has some technical or business reasons behind it.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

P4P+ remote does not support third party applications installation.
Modifying or tampering with the remote screen will void your warranty, DJI strongly recommends against modifying with it.
2016-12-22
Use props
Fotch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161 ft
Canada

Does that mean it will never support 3rd party apps?
2016-12-24
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fotch Posted at 2016-12-24 11:01
Does that mean it will never support 3rd party apps?

I don't think the mods have any clue what the developers will end up doing. Let's just hope they do or that someone comes along and roots it giving us that ability.  
2016-12-24
Use props
fans086f8939
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39170 ft
United Kingdom

Im having the same issues.  When i saw the 3rd party apps on the P4P+  controller I assumed that I would be able to use some mapping software.  I have sold my old unit and have a simple mapping job this weekend which will be a manual job.  ive tried downloading, but no joy.  If anybody has any solutions I could really do with some help??
2017-1-20
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Your only current solution is to get the regular controller and use your phone.
2017-1-20
Use props
Flying High AZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 588471 ft
United States

Yes, buy the P4P controller, and link it to your bird.  It's the only work around for the time being.  You could hold onto, or sell your P4P+ controller to cover the cost of the new remote, and pocket the rest.
2017-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules