Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
BUILT DRONES $1699 Fly More Combo
776 17 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wakesetter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136086 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

Check out these Shysters.... Built Drones: $1699 in stock Fly More Combo's and they are an Authorized DJI dealer... Hey DJI, give them a slap for being greedy..... http://www.builtdrones.com/dji-mavic-pro-fly-more-combo/
2016-12-22
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Yup, that's about what we pay DJI for one in the UK.
2016-12-22
Use props
Wakesetter
lvl.4
  • >>>
Colombia

And within 15 minutes and a phone call to speak with their manager they changed it back down $1299 and don't seem to have anymore in stock... Hmmm!!!
2016-12-22
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

Unless DJI has a price cap on the re-sellers I dont see anything wrong with this.
2016-12-22
Use props
Incredible Aeri
lvl.2

United States

Why does this bother you? Did you really think that if they did price it correctly they would still have stock? Would you rather they say they are out of stock and put them up on ebay? (like they did).
2016-12-22
Use props
Wakesetter
lvl.4
  • >>>
Colombia

Incredible Aeri Posted at 2016-12-23 03:43
Why does this bother you? Did you really think that if they did price it correctly they would still have stock? Would you rather they say they are out of stock and put them up on ebay? (like they did).

GREED.... That's why it bothers me! I pointed out today that they are available for sale in Canada at londondrugs.com to share, so hopefully those who haven't bought yet, can.
2016-12-22
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

Wakesetter Posted at 2016-12-22 11:50
GREED.... That's why it bothers me! I pointed out today that they are available for sale in Canada at londondrugs.com to share, so hopefully those who haven't bought yet, can.

People still could of bought them but now you complained and now they changed to out of stock. Now no one is getting it... Think about that. (Supply and demand) This is just how business works.
2016-12-22
Use props
Sgt_Throatpunch
lvl.2

United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-12-22 15:52
People still could of bought them but now you complained and now they changed to out of stock. Now no one is getting it... Think about that. (Supply and demand) This is just how business works.

Regardless of supply and demand, the dealer's price per unit from DJI does not change. That is why stores like Wal-Mart, Target etc. do not raise their prices for popular items even when demand far exceeds the supply. It's unethical.
2016-12-22
Use props
Wakesetter
lvl.4
  • >>>
Colombia

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-12-23 04:52

Point out how an authorized dealer was selling $400 higher than MSRP on this forum yes, complain to Built Drone's manager no.... I was put on a 10 minute hold and then the phone went dead. But anyone who has deep pockets and aren't willing to look around, can still purchase off ebay all day long and take the risk of a non authorized dealer transaction.... Happy Holidays!!
2016-12-22
Use props
Sgt_Throatpunch
lvl.2

United States

There is a reason that DJI has been posting about recording dealers who try to gouge. If I had to guess, maybe the dealers get their order requests canceled/delayed, or have their numbers limited.
2016-12-22
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

Wakesetter Posted at 2016-12-23 05:15
Point out how an authorized dealer was selling $400 higher than MSRP on this forum yes, complain to Built Drone's manager no.... I was put on a 10 minute hold and then the phone went dead. But anyone who has deep pockets and aren't willing to look around, can still purchase off ebay all day long and take the risk of a non authorized dealer transaction.... Happy Holidays!!

manufacturer's SUGGESTED retail price, That's why I asked in my first post is their price cap for distributors...
2016-12-22
Use props
Wakesetter
lvl.4
  • >>>
Colombia

londondrugs.com still has one more mavic pro non fly more combo in CDN funds, but still available if one wants to look....
2016-12-22
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

Sgt_Throatpunch Posted at 2016-12-23 05:08
Regardless of supply and demand, the dealer's price per unit from DJI does not change. That is why stores like Wal-Mart, Target etc. do not raise their prices for popular items even when demand far exceeds the supply. It's unethical.

It happens in smaller stores and shops. I know it dont in big box stores.
2016-12-22
Use props
Sgt_Throatpunch
lvl.2

United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-12-22 17:13
It happens in smaller stores and shops. I know it dont in big box stores.

Well it isn't supposed to happen with anyone that receives a dealer price. That's why DJI is recording the dealers.
2016-12-22
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

Sgt_Throatpunch Posted at 2016-12-22 14:55
Well it isn't supposed to happen with anyone that receives a dealer price. That's why DJI is recording the dealers.

This all goes back to the question "do dealers have a price cap?" I know DJI Mods have been keeping track on the other post but is it because they are selling customer per orders or marking up prices? 2 things can be going on here.
2016-12-22
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-12-22 15:52

Maybe they say they are out of stock now because they have been had, and decided to start shipping to the preorder customers.
2016-12-22
Use props
Sgt_Throatpunch
lvl.2

United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-12-22 17:58
This all goes back to the question "do dealers have a price cap?" I know DJI Mods have been keeping track on the other post but is it because they are selling customer per orders or marking up prices? 2 things can be going on here.

This all goes back to the fact that authorized dealers shouldn't be scumbag opportunists. As a private citizen, if you want to pre-order 10 units from everywhere to resell at a premium, that's your right to take advantage of supply and demand. Authorized dealers receive their units at a discount, to be able to profit from the MSRP.
2016-12-22
Use props
Heavysledz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 631096 ft
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2016-12-22 16:58

I believe they do....DJI-Ken kind of suggested this when he said he was reporting supposed authorized retailers on eBay marking the prices up.
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules