Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Change CSC back please
1183 6 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cinematic_aero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 540331 ft
United States

I just want to provide my feedback (and what I am assuming is a lot of other people's view as well) that the way CSC now takes 3 seconds to use for deactivation of the motors... is a terrible idea. I originally took the release notes to mean that CSC will take 3 seconds to disengage motors while the aircraft is flying. I disagree with this, but I sort of can accept just dealing with that. Upon updating to the latest firmware today, I realized CSC also takes 3 seconds to stop motors even when aircraft is on the ground. I think this really introduces a safety hazard becausde if for some reason I need to cut the motors right away when someone approaches, I can't do it fast enough most likely.

Yes, I setup safety areas around the aircraft while on jobs, but what am I suppose to do now, make a safety area big enough that it takes longer than 3 seconds for a random dog running at full speed to reach the aircraft after entering the safety zone? There are just so many unforseen circumstances where a kill switch is neccessary, maybe even more so in flight.

I hope the DJI team sees this. I think it is very important.
2016-12-22
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

You don't just hold down to turn the craft off after you land?
2016-12-22
Use props
WernerD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Agree, better to pull the stick Down than using CSC after landing. Takes one second to stop still, but that is fast enough, I would think.
my2cents

Edit: I stand corrected

2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I can agree that it can feel like a catch 22, to a certain extent. You want to be able to shut off the motors quickly in an emergeny, but want to also ensure that such a shut off does not incur on accident when flying. With this change in CSC time frame, pulling the throttle stick down would be a fast way to shut if off when it's on the ground.
2016-12-22
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

This change is a big issue for commercial operators as the CSC (as originally setup) is the 'last ditch' means by which a pilot can avoid injury to persons and property by immediately ditching the AC in emergency situations.
Those operators will have the CSC documented as a risk mitigation in their operating manuals and license submissions.

With this change, it is no longer a viable risk mitigation and you are/have immediately invalidated the work done by countless commercial/licensed operators to prove a safety case to their relevant regulators.   

We all understand that your focus is on protecting newbie pilots from getting themselves into trouble due to ignorance and refusal to educate themselves before flying - but you marketed this as a professional platform.
This is now another reason for commercial pilots to NOT choose the Inspire platform.   
2016-12-22
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-12-22 19:23
This change is a big issue for commercial operators as the CSC (as originally setup) is the 'last ditch' means by which a pilot can avoid injury to persons and property by immediately ditching the AC in emergency situations.
Those operators will have the CSC documented as a risk mitigation in their operating manuals and license submissions.

Indeed!  It would be like a carmaker putting a three second delay on the brakes.
2016-12-22
Use props
cinematic_aero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 540331 ft
United States

Agree with the above two posts. It is half as much about a method for providing risk mitigation as it is about actually stopping the motors quickly. I think it is highly unlikely I will need to stop the motors quickier than 3 seconds even on the ground, but all it takes is one time for something to happen where a problem could have been avoided if the motors shut down instantly.

I am aware that they can be shutdown by holding left stick down after landing but this still has an unnecessary delay. I know this feature was only implemented to protect newbie pilots as mentioned above, because I can guarantee I would never accidently or inadvertently do a CSC while in flight, knowing what the consequence would be. It would be nice if there was a toggle setting like "CSC delay" or something that enabled a kill switch function if the pilot desires it, or what about making the delay part of the beginner mode thing on the Inspire? When that mode is enabled there can be the delay on CSC that way pilots who are learning won't mess up by accident as they get used to the controls.
2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules