LITTLE HELP PLS
916 8 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Picked up my mavic last night from DHL ... super excited.

So a couple of questions for the mods or anyone that could help me...

1. Is there a reference anywhere for the fist steps to take after receiving the drone in relation to updating firmware etc. I think i've done it correctly .... i was just surprised i could not find a reference anywhere. I charged all the batteries and controller then using dji assistant 2 i updated the firmware on the craft then remote .. is this the correct process ?  

2.I've read other members talking about battery firmware ... I haven't been prompted by assistant 2 to upgrade firmware on any battery ... already the correct firmware ? or do i complete this process in the app?

3. When connecting to the app the first time i went through the activation process .... naming the craft etc ... i recieved an error along the lines of "can not activate contact dji"... because my phone is unsupported the text was mashed together so it was hard to read... that being said all connected fine and it appears my mavic is ready to fly...... is it possible for a mod to check if i have activated correctly if they have a spare second ....my email is the same as the one i'm using on the forum... i'm a bit worried about care refresh being invalid if i've done something wrong.

4. why is my baby daughter waking up so early ? all i want to do is play with my new favorite baby.... she's going to have to sit in the front seat of the car from now on.... her baby brother Mavic pro will be using the car seat.  

Thanks for any replies.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello z4k4tt4ck, here are some video tutorials in this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-64702-1-1.html
The aircraft update contains battery update. You don't need to do the update for battery separately.
Besides, when connecting the aircraft with RC, you could enter DJI GO app, "General settings- About" to check your current firmware version.
As for the activation, please provide me with your aircraft SN. I'll help to check it.
2016-12-23
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-23 18:30
Hello z4k4tt4ck, here are some video tutorials in this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-64702-1-1.html
The aircraft update contains battery update. You don't need to do the update for battery separately.
Besides, when connecting the aircraft with RC, you could enter DJI GO app, "General settings- About" to check your current firmware version.

Yea i did find those tutorials thanks mindy ... From reading this forum i knew the firmware needed updating but i was worried it needed to be completed in a specific order, or i might miss something,but it all worked fine and flys really well.

When you say the aircraft update contains the battery update does this mean we need to complete the update with each separate battery in the mavic ? I don't think this is the case but just checking.

Thanks alot for your help.

2016-12-23
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-23 12:01
Yea i did find those tutorials thanks mindy ... From reading this forum i knew the firmware needed updating but i was worried it needed to be completed in a specific order, or i might miss something,but it all worked fine and flys really well.

When you say the aircraft update contains the battery update does this mean we need to complete the update with each separate battery in the mavic ? I don't think this is the case but just checking.

Yea, you have to update every battery or you will get a message telling you to before you try to fly with one you didn't update. Those updates are pretty quick.
2016-12-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-23 12:01

Z4,

If it were me, I wouldn't leave my S/N on an open forum like this. Just sayin'...

Jerry
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-24 02:01

Yes, if the battery needs to be updated, when you put the other battery into the aircraft, DJI assistant or DJI GO app will prompt you.
If not, then you don't need to worry about it.
2016-12-24
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Australia

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-12-24 02:39
Z4,

If it were me, I wouldn't leave my S/N on an open forum like this. Just sayin'...

Why?  I can't think of how anyone knowing my S/N could be an issue.
2016-12-26
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2016-12-26 14:54
Why?  I can't think of how anyone knowing my S/N could be an issue.

Z4,

No particular reason. I don't know that anyone could use it for anything. It's a personal thing I suppose, just wouldn't want mine floating around, that's all.

Jerry
2016-12-26
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Australia

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-12-27 05:06
Z4,

No particular reason. I don't know that anyone could use it for anything. It's a personal thing I suppose, just wouldn't want mine floating around, that's all.

Fair enough .. thanks for your help ill edit it out .. possibly someone could do something dodgie with it.
2016-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules