Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Nexus 6P crashes in landscape mode startup
1559 5 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

I assume this has been reported by now, but even with the new version of DJI GO 4 that was released today (12.22.2015), the app still crashes on a Nexus 6P, running either Nougat 7.0 or Nougat 7.1.1, if you start in landscape orientation, which is how you use GO in flight. You have to turn your controller sideways for portrait mode, start GO, and then turn it back after, or it blows up. This issue has been around a while, and I am wondering when they will fix this obvious bug.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello dana, could you please find the crash log and upload it to dropbox?
Here is the path to find the crash log: mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH
2016-12-23
Use props
ZT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11316 ft
Canada

I should have a bunch of these crash logs too if it helps. Dana5 if you want to try a temporary fix, go to your phone settings > display> When device is rotated; stay in portrait mode
This seemed to prevent the start up crashes for me on a Google XL phone
2016-12-23
Use props
Dallaspetree
lvl.1

United States

I just received my mavic and app crashes a lot when using with my 6p also. Not very happy that a yr old phone not working well. Please email me to send you the logs in dropbox. I've been messing with the display so settings and seems to be better the higher I go, but not convinced it'll be stable to fly.
2017-1-27
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

I have a nexus 6p and have the same crash. I've had to disable auto rotation on my phone to avoid this
2017-1-27
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-23 03:34
Hello dana, could you please find the crash log and upload it to dropbox?
Here is the path to find the crash log: mobile device/SD card/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH

java.lang.RuntimeException: Canvas: trying to draw too large(180633600bytes) bitmap.
        at android.view.DisplayListCanvas.throwIfCannotDraw(DisplayListCanvas.java:260)
        at android.graphics.Canvas.drawBitmap(Canvas.java:1415)
        at android.graphics.drawable.BitmapDrawable.draw(BitmapDrawable.java:528)
        at android.graphics.drawable.LayerDrawable.draw(LayerDrawable.java:1012)
        at android.view.View.getDrawableRenderNode(View.java:17428)
        at android.view.View.drawBackground(View.java:17364)
        at android.view.View.draw(View.java:17176)
        at com.android.internal.policy.DecorView.draw(DecorView.java:753)
        at android.view.View.updateDisplayListIfDirty(View.java:16167)
        at android.view.ThreadedRenderer.updateViewTreeDisplayList(ThreadedRenderer.java:648)
        at android.view.ThreadedRenderer.updateRootDisplayList(ThreadedRenderer.java:654)
        at android.view.ThreadedRenderer.draw(ThreadedRenderer.java:762)
        at android.view.ViewRootImpl.draw(ViewRootImpl.java:2800)
        at android.view.ViewRootImpl.performDraw(ViewRootImpl.java:2608)
        at android.view.ViewRootImpl.performTraversals(ViewRootImpl.java:2215)
        at android.view.ViewRootImpl.doTraversal(ViewRootImpl.java:1254)
        at android.view.ViewRootImpl$TraversalRunnable.run(ViewRootImpl.java:6337)
        at android.view.Choreographer$CallbackRecord.run(Choreographer.java:874)
        at android.view.Choreographer.doCallbacks(Choreographer.java:686)
        at android.view.Choreographer.doFrame(Choreographer.java:621)
        at android.view.Choreographer$FrameDisplayEventReceiver.run(Choreographer.java:860)
        at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:751)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:95)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:154)
        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6119)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:886)
        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:776)

Crashes EVERY tme, if you are in landscape mode when opening DJI GO 4, even with the latest version. Using Nexus 6P with latest release of Nougat (crashed with previous version of nougat as well). Seems to do it on all Nexus 6P devices, from what I hear.

Hope this helps.
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules