637 2 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Upthedowns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any Daily Mail readers on flights into or out of Heathrow today would have been absolutely horrified to know that many of today's flights were in a "near miss" with a drone.  They needn't have worried though as it belonged to Eyeup Aerial Solutions and was the first commercial drone flight to take place at the airport with the full blessing of the safety authorities.  I have to say my heart was in my mouth during the first couple of test flights but we soon settled down to the task.  The operation itself was fairly mundane, a roof condition inspection, but the location and associated risk in terms of potential impact, definitely added some spice.

There was an initial hiccough with the NFZ unlocking but once that was sorted we were up, up and away.

Naturally, I couldn't resist doing a quick 360 of the Airport towards the end of the session though I wish I'd had my 45mm Olympus with me.  Here's a quick and dirty frame grab from the vid.

Frame grab from a quick 360 vid of Heathrow Airport

Frame grab from a quick 360 vid of  Heathrow Airport
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Great to hear everything worked well! Thanks for sharing. The quick frame you provided does show some nice detail in the clouds.
2016-12-22
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Cool , thanks for sharing.

donnie
2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now