Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-12-30
Use props
fans94a0c563
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39964 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-24 22:15
We really concern much about customers' experience and would love to try our best to help you for any problems.
Sorry that we failed to get it sorted out remotely, then the best course of action would be send it in for evaluation which does good to locate the issue.

I called today.My drone worked great so i did your newest update and now its a brick.You people said to send it in Really?WHY DONT YOU JUST FIX THE UPDATED FIRMWARE?or let it roll back to the pre one ?Now Ihave to ship it back?
2016-12-30
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Easy Tiger...
All i can say is that my 2 dji repairs were fixed quickly and foc.
May be its how you talk/treat people that gets things done.
Your just  a gob sh*t*
I wish i had a coat as thick as you.
Grow up an grow a set.
This forum gives loads of help to people that are genuinely needing help, not moaners.
Good luck in getting yours fixed...
Happy Christmas....
2016-12-30
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

So New problem. I went and got Ipad Mini 2 .. now I get the error No Image Transmission Signal ugh problem after problem
2016-12-30
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149101 ft
United States

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-29 19:11
I just bought the Galaxy Tab A 9.7 INCH .. No luck again. I did set it to media.. still no luck

Not sure what you have going on.  I'm just a rookie myself, so that was all the advice I can give. I have the 7inch tab , not sure what the difference is besides size. Sorry I can't be any help. Hope you get worked out.  Let us know if you do. Incase someone else has that issue . This is probably a dumb question. But you do have the controller connected to the device with USB..
2016-12-30
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-30 06:13
I tried your method it only worked for 5 seconds then it stopped. It was telling me that camera needed an update. Now its back to black screen. I am assuming its a device issue. I am taking the tab back today and possible get ipad mini

That kind of leads me to be leave there is an issue with the aircraft camera.
2016-12-30
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

TSAT Posted at 2016-12-30 16:28
That kind of leads me to be leave there is an issue with the aircraft camera.

Yeah its connected through USB. THe camera actually works because I am able to view the recordings on the PC.
2016-12-30
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-30 16:35
Yeah its connected through USB. THe camera actually works because I am able to view the recordings on the PC.

Is there any chance you can link another remote to your aircraft? Just a thought cause you get vid from cam! If your anywhere near SW Florida your welcome to try mine!
  When you sent it back to DJI, I wonder if they checked it with your remote? You would think!
I'd like to see you try a different remote.
Also when you tried the ipad mini you used the cable that came with the ipad?
2016-12-30
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

Stinky711 Posted at 2016-12-30 16:55
Is there any chance you can link another remote to your aircraft? Just a thought cause you get vid from cam! If your anywhere near SW Florida your welcome to try mine!
  When you sent it back to DJI, I wonder if they checked it with your remote? You would think!
I'd like to see you try a different remote.

Yes I did use the cable and it connected fine because it operates fine from the ipad but no video trasmission. I spoke to support and they said its the air transmission device that is corrupted and needs to be repaired. So I am sending it back one more time
2016-12-30
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-30 17:27
Yes I did use the cable and it connected fine because it operates fine from the ipad but no video trasmission. I spoke to support and they said its the air transmission device that is corrupted and needs to be repaired. So I am sending it back one more time

Hang in there, it will be worth all the aggravation. & "Happy New Year"
2016-12-30
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Before you send it back in again. Try to relink Rc to craft one more time.
In dji go app,find link Rc, press link. On craft press the link button( use a pen) to press it. Your Rc should start beeping and counting down. When it stops bleeping, it will have re linked.
Hopefully you will have camera view.
Craft link button is on the vps next to the red led light.
2016-12-31
Use props
tiscali
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just another thought. Have you enabled Hardware Decoding in the General Settings of the DJI Go app? Doing this reduces the load on CPU activity on your iPad and can give more reliable video.
2016-12-31
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-12-31 03:13
Before you send it back in again. Try to relink Rc to craft one more time.
In dji go app,find link Rc, press link. On craft press the link button( use a pen) to press it. Your Rc should start beeping and counting down. When it stops bleeping, it will have re linked.
Hopefully you will have camera view.

Didn't work for me. Whats happening is when I have the Phantom Cooled off for while and not turned on, I come back after and turn it on, the camera view comes on then its gone again. I am thinking it could be a hardware issue with the craft something that has to do with transmission of picture
2016-12-31
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thats strange.
Do you have an option to return it to the retailer.? Credit card ?
Strange dji say no fault found for them now to say, send it back for repair.?
2016-12-31
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-12-31 07:39
Thats strange.
Do you have an option to return it to the retailer.? Credit card ?
Strange dji say no fault found for them now to say, send it back for repair.?

I tried to do that but they declined saying nothing was wrong with it
2016-12-31
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9850387 ft
Canada

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-31 07:56
I tried to do that but they declined saying nothing was wrong with it

Man I am bummed with your experience.
Hang in there, once you get through, you'll be having some of the greatest heartbeats of your life.
Hope it gets resolved soon.
2016-12-31
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

Quick update everybody I'm finally able to fly my drone with live video feed :-) what I think the problem is would be the radio interference when you are inside the house. Try going outside and in the open field and fly it there. That's what I did and now it works perfectly and I'm in love! Let's hope this feeling lasts and doesn't go sideways again.
2016-12-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-31 08:44
Quick update everybody I'm finally able to fly my drone with live video feed :-) what I think the problem is would be the radio interference when you are inside the house. Try going outside and in the open field and fly it there. That's what I did and now it works perfectly and I'm in love! Let's hope this feeling lasts and doesn't go sideways again.

Thanks for the update, good to hear that you finally pinned the fault to local interference. You don't have fluorescent lights by any chance, some of them can be noisy.
2016-12-31
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

How do I cancel my repair request lol
2016-12-31
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9850387 ft
Canada

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-31 10:37

Awesome news, thanks for sharing with us.
Have a blast
2016-12-31
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well done.
I didnt realise you were indoors, prob next to a 65"Tv, Computer, lights, radio and a small child playing on a mobile right next to you.
Lesson learnt.
Test out doors away from interference and metal objects, thats what the manual says......
Good job you didnt open a thread slating Dji
2016-12-31
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

before you cancel you repair request. in the house turn the remote and device on, then the aircraft on . in the DJI GO APP ,see if you can get in simulation and see it on your device? But I'm glad to hear you can fly it now
2016-12-31
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

before you cancel you repair request. in the house turn the remote and device on, then the aircraft on . in the DJI GO APP ,see if you can get in simulation and see it on your device? But I'm glad to hear you can fly it now
2016-12-31
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-30 15:58
So New problem. I went and got Ipad Mini 2 .. now I get the error No Image Transmission Signal ugh  problem after problem

Do you have another tablet or phone to try?
2016-12-31
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2016-12-24 20:51
Take a chill pill Hawks. And why did DJI tell them to send it in if there is nothing wrong with it to begin with? If that happened to me, you are damned right I would come in here to complain. What DJI doesn't care about what their customers concerns are and don't want to hear them or what?

Frankly? Sometimes - and you'd know this if you ever worked tech support, you get the customer that defeats your every attempt to diagnose something. It in all honesty may have been the best way to diagnose the problem to have it sent in.

I'm in IT, as a Tier 3 engineer so i occasionally get things escalated to me that lower tiers just can't solve. I'd be a rich man if I had $1 for the ones where the user was more interested in venting rather than taking the time to help diagnose the problem. In cases like that, and I can fully understand, it's better to opt for another alternative than burn a techs time that could otherwise be spent fixing 10 other customers in the same amount of time.

I'm not saying that's what happened here, just pointing out the realities of technical support with what is really a technical product. DJI has tried to keep the product simple, but under the hood it's really not.
2017-1-1
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

TSAT Posted at 2016-12-31 18:40

Did it flawlsley with no issues
2017-1-1
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

Thank you every one for all your help and support! Even though this was not DJI fault but the way they handled it was very poor.
2017-1-1
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

zeezomaia Posted at 2017-1-1 07:26
Thank you every one for all your help and support! Even though this was not DJI fault but the way they handled it was very poor.

Think about it though, they probably got a lot of ham fisted drone owners this Xmas, they're probably running thin on patience too :-)
2017-1-1
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

CCrew Posted at 2017-1-1 08:05
Think about it though, they probably got a lot of ham fisted drone owners this Xmas, they're probably running thin on patience too :-)

Lol i can tell because it took them 20 days to tell me my drone is good
2017-1-1
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

zeezomaia Posted at 2017-1-1 07:25
Did it flawlsley with no issues

GOOD START TO THE NEW YEAR!!!! CONGRATS. HAPPY FLYING
2017-1-1
Use props
fans94a0c563
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39964 ft
United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-12-25 02:31
Bill, i dont think people should just join a forum to Rank and expect people to say, sorry Sir, heres your money back.
So many things could be wrong in the settings of phone or tablets that wont let these P3 work. I think its wrong for people to blame Dji when its nothing to do with them.
If you fling mud, it sticks.

Really You must work for them.Do not be a jerk if you had problems you be on here  crying!
Give me a break!Chill out with people on here.
2017-1-2
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just wind your neck in.
I try to help as many people as i can.People have helped me to sort through my issues. The difference is, i didnt just join to slate Dji about there product.
If you can read, i stil have helped with this problem.
Zeezomaia has admitted that the fault had nothing to do with Dji.
Just for the record, i dont work for Dji.
Why dont you just stop trolling and try to contribute to this forum.
2017-1-2
Use props
AerialZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52638 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think this should be an EXCELLENT example for everyone new to this hobby... these are NOT toys and you need to follow every set-up step closely.  When you are setting-up your new quadcopter (or ANY drone operating on 2.4 ghz frequencies,) make sure you understand that it is SHARING crowded bands for communication along with countless other sources of interference...  From your WiFi router to your spouse turning on the damn microwave.  If you're having connection issues, try moving to another location and start over before freaking-out that something is wrong with your hardware.
DJI customer service does what they can to remedy the never-ending complaining on these forums, but YOU must understand that the majority of issues out here are USER ERROR (proven fact.)  This is a perfect example of this.  Users on this forum immediately tried to start helping, but no one considered or realized that the OP might be sitting next to his WiFi router while performing initial set-up.  Why?  Common sense?  Manual mentions interference multiple times.

Congratulations on getting your Phantom up and running.  I'm not trying to beat-up the OP.  But let this be yet another example of why people should not be running out and buying these complicated pieces of technology without any experience in the hobby.  The Phantom is not a starter drone.
2017-1-2
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I agree
2017-1-2
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

AerialZ Posted at 2017-1-2 12:50
I think this should be an EXCELLENT example for everyone new to this hobby... these are NOT toys and you need to follow every set-up step closely.  When you are setting-up your new quadcopter (or ANY drone operating on 2.4 ghz frequencies,) make sure you understand that it is SHARING crowded bands for communication along with countless other sources of interference...  From your WiFi router to your spouse turning on the damn microwave.  If you're having connection issues, try moving to another location and start over before freaking-out that something is wrong with your hardware.
DJI customer service does what they can to remedy the never-ending complaining on these forums, but YOU must understand that the majority of issues out here are USER ERROR (proven fact.)  This is a perfect example of this.  Users on this forum immediately tried to start helping, but no one considered or realized that the OP might be sitting next to his WiFi router while performing initial set-up.  Why?  Common sense?  Manual mentions interference multiple times.

Thanks ! I thought it was a toy sorry.
2017-1-2
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

Quick update everybody so I tried to find the Drone again today and I was having the same issue. What I did is I soft reset my tablet and then relaunch the app and turned on the remote and the rc then it worked. I have reached the conclusion that this is definitely a software issue and an update need to come out ASAP
2017-1-3
Use props
zeezomaia
lvl.1

United States

zeezomaia Posted at 2017-1-3 10:41
Quick update everybody so I tried to find the Drone again today and I was having the same issue. What I did is I soft reset my tablet and then relaunch the app and turned on the remote and the rc then it worked. I have reached the conclusion that this is definitely a software issue and an update need to come out ASAP

Fly * sorry autocorrect
2017-1-3
Use props
Dougk
New

United States

zeezomaia Posted at 2016-12-30 06:13
I tried your method it only worked for 5 seconds then it stopped. It was telling me that camera needed an update. Now its back to black screen. I am assuming its a device issue. I am taking the tab back today and possible get ipad mini

Have you tried a difference USB cable?  I have found some have issues.  Good luck.
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules