Props in the frame?
2383 5 2016-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

While out today my buddy wanted me to try to get some video of him driving around in his boat.  This video was a lower level, closer proximity attempt.  I'm no pro so it isn't perfect by any means but it was fun to try and learn.  Anyway, at around 1:40 and again at 2:34 you seem to see the props on the left side.  I've seen videos of prop shaddows but this sure looks like the actual props that show up after turns to the left.  Plus, it wasn't sunny out so I'd expect any prop shadows to be faint in all the videos.  Plus, the sun at the first occurance would be right in front of the Mavic and behind it on the second occurrance. I never notice it on the right side either.  In the settings, I believe I do have the pan follow (or whatever it's called) enabled but it shouldn't pan this far to show the props should it?

2016-12-22
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you have the gimbal setting active for the 30° extensible? It seems like you have the camera pointing up above level. Also you aren't guaranteed to never get the props in the shot depending on your movments. If you full throttle forward you can see them come into frame. A lot of people shoot higher resolutions to be able to crop out any potential props in post.
2016-12-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The gimbal is panning to compensate for your abrupt yaw movements.
Make your movements slower and tilt the camera down more. You can adjust the gimbal to not pan to compensate but then the yaw movements will look more abrupt on the video.
Leave the settings as they are and just be lighter on the sticks.
2016-12-22
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

I gotcha.  I didn't think about the 30° extensible as it was enabled.  
2016-12-22
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

colonel00 Posted at 2016-12-22 22:54
I gotcha.  I didn't think about the 30° extensible as it was enabled.

Yea, it could have been pointed up a little more making them visible.

I don't think you have control over the smoothness of active tracks movements. This is where cropping in from a higher resolution would work best. Although you probably wouldn't want to use video sections with that fast of a change in rotation.
2016-12-22
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-22 21:10
Yea, it could have been pointed up a little more making them visible.

I don't think you have control over the smoothness of active tracks movements. This is where cropping in from a higher resolution would work best. Although you probably wouldn't want to use video sections with that fast of a change in rotation.

Yeah, this video wasn't using Active Track so the lack of smooth video was totally on my end.  Also agree that it's not video that would probable ever be used.  I was just surprised about the props showing up.
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules