8775 48 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Michael H.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6237 ft
Germany

Dear DJI Team,

Since yesterday, I have a gimbal issue with my mavic that I did not find in the other threads - therefore, I start a new one.

as you can see in the Video, the gimbal twitches randomly - approx. every few seconds but not in any pattern. It is no yello and I am also sure, it has niothing to do with focusing.
Lokks more like a minimal "bump" along the tilt axis.
Before this occurred, I had about 20 flights with no issues.

I use the latest Firmware 1.03.

I had no crashes or anything so I can rule out any mechanical influence on the gimbal.

any help or tips how to Approach this issue are welcome
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Michael, could you please make sure you had removed all the stickers on the gimbal?
When the aircraft is on the ground, will the gimbal twitches?
2016-12-23
Use props
Michael H.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6237 ft
Germany

Hello Mindy,

sorry - no forgotten stickers ( I removed even the well hidden one on the back of the yaw-motor).
It's weird - today I tried it again without any issues. On the ground as well as in the air. I ran a fresh gimbal calibration but did not change anything else. So for the moment I can just continue my research and hope I'll find something more specific to give you. Or better - hope the glitches were a sigle occurrence.
Nevertheless, I like to wish you and all your colleagues at DJI a happy new year 2017. You've been doing a great job with the Mavic (and the other copters, too)!
2016-12-23
Use props
kdaffy
New

Greece

Hi, I think I have the same problem. I received mine today and I haven't flied yet. I observed that every 15-20 secs the gimbal is trembling and the image is a mess. I have the latest firmware. I tried to make gimbal calibration but it fails all the time at 78%. Every now ant then it pops up the gimbal overload message.
Is there a solution?Thanks
2016-12-24
Use props
Wacker2611
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254075 ft
United Kingdom

I had that exact same problem. Ended up sending it in and got a replacement.
2016-12-24
Use props
jshear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2021 ft
Bahamas

My gimbal fails at calibration and is a mess now. I doesn't operate properly anymore. It worked for 3 weeks without fail and now its not working. Where do I send it in for repair or replacement?

Jeff
2016-12-24
Use props
Alxxnder
lvl.1

Latvia

I have similar glitches with new firmware 1.03. Glitches are not regular and hard to catch, but sometimes gimbal starts to be shaky with no reason. Calibration fails on 73%. On 1.02 firmware calibration goes fine.
Also, very often I get "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" warning during aircraft startup, I think most often it happens on cold weather. After few seconds warning disappears - is it normal or shall I ask for repair/replacement?  
2016-12-25
Use props
Alex G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1366857 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Same problem. I installed the last firmware v01.03.0200 and the problem is minimized but not solved. I had some jumps in my fly. The older v01.02.0900 seem work fine, but the v01.03.0000 and the new v01.03.0200 have this issue. I not sure if is a firmware or hardware problem because many people have the mavic without this problem in all firmware versions
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Michael H. Posted at 2016-12-23 21:25
Hello Mindy,

sorry - no forgotten stickers ( I removed even the well hidden one on the back of the yaw-motor).

Sorry for the late reply. Since you didn't click the reply button. I don't know you are responding to me.
Many thanks for your update.
If you have any further issue, please feel free to let me know.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hello. @kdaffy  @jshear @Alex G
Could you please provide some video of the gimbal issue?
Besides, please follow the video tutorial to check the gimbal again.
And please make sure had removed all the stickers on the gimbal.
2016-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Alxxnder Posted at 2016-12-26 00:50
I have similar glitches with new firmware 1.03. Glitches are not regular and hard to catch, but sometimes gimbal starts to be shaky with no reason. Calibration fails on 73%. On 1.02 firmware calibration goes fine.
Also, very often I get "Gimbal Motor Overloaded" warning during aircraft startup, I think most often it happens on cold weather. After few seconds warning disappears - is it normal or shall I ask for repair/replacement?

Hello, did you update the firmware to latest version 1.03.02?
2016-12-27
Use props
Alxxnder
lvl.1

Latvia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-27 19:12
Hello, did you update the firmware to latest version 1.03.02?

It is weird, but I cannot update to  1.03.02... DJI Assistant goes through update process, it is successful, but then main window does not recognize current version.
Screenshots:

2016-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alxxnder Posted at 2016-12-30 08:18
It is weird, but I cannot update to  1.03.02... DJI Assistant goes through update process, it is successful, but then main window does not recognize current version.
Screenshots:
[view_image]

What does it say in the About page of the app ?
You can delete / reinstall the the Assistant2 and see if it still says the same.
2016-12-30
Use props
Alxxnder
lvl.1

Latvia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-30 08:23
What does it say in the About page of the app ?
You can delete / reinstall the the Assistant2 and see if it still says the same.

Yes, reinstall helped, now it is recognized. Will do some flight tests next few days.
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Alxxnder Posted at 2016-12-30 08:35
Yes, reinstall helped, now it is recognized. Will do some flight tests next few days.

Sounds good, thanks for reporting.
2016-12-30
Use props
fanseb0eb34d
lvl.1

United States

I'm have the same issue as the OP. I was advised to send it in for repair.

You can fast forward to 2:43
I have done the lastest firmware updates (with each extra battery installed) to the Mavic, update to the remote, sensor calibration, gimbal calibration and the issue is still there.
2016-12-30
Use props
fanseb0eb34d
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-27 19:11

adding this post to bring attention for DJI Mindy and DJI Ken. See post above this one for video of the gimbal issue.
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanseb0eb34d Posted at 2016-12-30 19:50
adding this post to bring attention for DJI Mindy and DJI Ken. See post above this one for video of the gimbal issue.

Since you have tried all basic troubleshooting, it's better to send it in for further evaluation.
2016-12-31
Use props
fanseb0eb34d
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-31 01:50
Since you have tried all basic troubleshooting, it's better to send it in for further evaluation.

Thank you for the response Mindy. Any idea as to what is causing this? To me it seems like the rubber band supports have 'worn in' and are not as rigid as when they are new causing excessive jarring during camera initialization.
Do you know the average turnaround time?
2016-12-31
Use props
jshear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2021 ft
Bahamas

I sent mine in for repair. Mindy as I am currently in Bahamas now I sent it TNT express at my expense. I put inside the box the UPS label that you sent me. Will the California office know it's my drone? Also they can send it back once repaired to my Florida address on my account and I will arrange to have it sent to me in Bahamas.

Thanks

Jeff
2017-1-1
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Mindy, I'm having similar issues as well, just sent an email to DJI support.  Can you please follow-up?  I'll PM you my email address.

Thanks.
2017-1-2
Use props
vwjGnzjtsPOS
lvl.1

Australia

I also have the same issue now. Flew fine one morning got it out the next and the gimble tries to beat itself to death. The plate is in the right place. The upside down power on worked twice but not again.
2017-1-2
Use props
Josh-130
lvl.1

United States

This is a nightmare. Has anyone sent their's back and received a replacement yet? I'm just curious if the replacement (or repaired) Mavic looks any different...
It HAS to be those rubber bands stretching, creating excessive jarring when the camera starts up, that's the only thing that makes sense to me. What doesn't make sense is why DJI hasn't addressed this yet. It's obviously an apparent issue with a large number of Mavic owners.
2017-1-2
Use props
VoDoXuS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88619 ft
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-27 19:11

HI Mindy,

This is the same kind of issues I had in my previous thread.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=75573&page=1#pid610630

Calibration fails at 73 %, and since I could calibrate at 1.29 to use that firmware version.
Ive tried the latest firmware 1.03.2 and it still does the same thing. Failure at gimbal calibration at 73%.

DJI Natalia said it has been reported to the engineers, but there is no feedback on whether it will be fixed.

Jon
2017-1-2
Use props
Bishop01
New

United States

There's like 5 threads on this issue. Since the latest firmware update just about everyone with access to the forums seems to be seeing gimbal issues.
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanseb0eb34d Posted at 2016-12-31 09:01
Thank you for the response Mindy. Any idea as to what is causing this? To me it seems like the rubber band supports have 'worn in' and are not as rigid as when they are new causing excessive jarring during camera initialization.
Do you know the average turnaround time?

It's probably a hardware issue. It's better to let our engineers to evaluate it.
Normally the turn-around time is about 2 weeks.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

yoengel Posted at 2017-1-2 07:50
Hi Mindy, I'm having similar issues as well, just sent an email to DJI support.  Can you please follow-up?  I'll PM you my email address.

Thanks.

Hello, our support team will help to follow up with you.
If they didn't follow up with you, please let me know.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

VoDoXuS Posted at 2017-1-2 21:49
HI Mindy,

This is the same kind of issues I had in my previous thread.

Our engineers already noticed this issue and they are working on it.
I'll help to push it again. If I get any update, I'll let you know.
2017-1-3
Use props
VoDoXuS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88619 ft
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-3 02:03
Our engineers already noticed this issue and they are working on it.
I'll help to push it again. If I get any update, I'll let you know.

Thanks very much Mindy!
Fingers Crossed!
2017-1-3
Use props
yoengel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-3 00:07
Hello, our support team will help to follow up with you.
If they didn't follow up with you, please let me know.

Hi Mindy, I have not heard back from DJI support.  Thanks.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

yoengel Posted at 2017-1-3 21:37
Hi Mindy, I have not heard back from DJI support.  Thanks.

I'll bring this to the attention of our support team.
2017-1-4
Use props
Josh-130
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-3 00:07
It's probably a hardware issue. It's better to let our engineers to evaluate it.
Normally the turn-around time is about 2 weeks.

DJI Mindy, do you know if when I send my Mavic in for evaluation, i'll get the same one back or will they send me a refurbished Mavic?
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Josh-130 Posted at 2017-1-4 22:06
DJI Mindy, do you know if when I send my Mavic in for evaluation, i'll get the same one back or will they send me a refurbished Mavic?

If our engineers repair your drone,  they will send your aircraft back to you.
2017-1-5
Use props
Estate Imaging
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235535 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-5 03:14
If our engineers repair your drone,  they will send your aircraft back to you.

I'm having the exact same issue as above. I read on another forum people with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge are having the most problems. (in)conveniently, that is the phone I have. I have done all the updates, taken incredible care of my Mavic Pro, never crashed it, and now it keeps saying "gimbal motor overloaded". I am a professional photographer, with a high price out of town shoot Monday morning at 9AM!! I don't want to lose this opportunity, but as of now my Mavic is unable to fly because of this. DJI customer care is not available until Monday...HELP!
2017-1-7
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Will new Mavics be shipped with this issue?
2017-1-7
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-30 08:52
Sounds good, thanks for reporting.

Ken; from my trolling of several posts I see that there is an apparent gimbal issue being reported by many owners.  I really do not have any desire to take delivery of a new Mavic that has issues, especially if the issue is hardware related.  I would like some assurance that drones are not being continually shipped to buyers with this issue.  
2017-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2017-1-7 18:54
Ken; from my trolling of several posts I see that there is an apparent gimbal issue being reported by many owners.  I really do not have any desire to take delivery of a new Mavic that has issues, especially if the issue is hardware related.  I would like some assurance that drones are not being continually shipped to buyers with this issue.

Out of the tens of thousands of Mavics that are flying everyday, there is a tiny fraction that may have experienced some sort of difficultly. Barely anyone will post that their aircraft is perfect, but always will they post when they see something wrong.
I've personally flown dozens of Mavics and have never experienced any issue.
But if you don't feel comfortable, they choose a different craft.
2017-1-7
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-7 19:17
Out of the tens of thousands of Mavics that are flying everyday, there is a tiny fraction that may have experienced some sort of difficultly. Barely anyone will post that their aircraft is perfect, but always will they post when they see something wrong.
I've personally flown dozens of Mavics and have never experienced any issue.
But if you don't feel comfortable, they choose a different craft.

I already have the P4 and was attempting to reassure myself that I hopefully would not be taking delivery of a Drone that already has issues.  I sincerely hope I am not among the tiny fraction but if I am I will just have to get it taken care of when it arrives. Thanks
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2017-1-8 09:06
I already have the P4 and was attempting to reassure myself that I hopefully would not be taking delivery of a Drone that already has issues.  I sincerely hope I am not among the tiny fraction but if I am I will just have to get it taken care of when it arrives. Thanks

Yes, if you do purchase a Mavic and it arrives and something is not right then please reply to my post or start a thread an I will troubleshoot it for you.
2017-1-8
Use props
墨老爷子
DJI R&D Squad

China

This is a problem about electric wire,does not affect the normal use.if you want to fix it ,please send the mavic back to us.
2017-1-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules