Prop Life
1213 3 2015-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ajgraham.waitro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 475289 ft
Netherlands

Has anyone any experience with the life expectancy of props either from the Inspire or other systems ? I am still on my first set but whilst inspecting them yesterday noticed some wear around the tips. I'm assuming that this is from a couple of encounters with foliage but it made me think about the safe life of the props.

How many hours can the props fly before the should be discarded ?
2015-2-13
Use props
andi.witech
lvl.1

Denmark

I Think that would be a hard question to answer if not DJI by them self gave a estimate life on props. but i doubt that..
Prop life will depend on how often you fly, where you fly, how you transport them, treat them and so on...

so an exact answer from my opinion is impossible, as the Inspire 1 is also relatively new

Experience from other crafts is just to follow the basic tips stated below and then you will be good to go.

If your prop is damaged or worn out, it might be good idea to change to a new one.. it could impact flight time if it doesnt provide enough lift and the motors wil have to spin faster to keep the craft level or even in the air, it could also result in make your craft woble in the air if prop(s) is not balanced properly and that could also ruin the motor over a longer period

hope this helps just a little bit :-)

I am sorry for my english.. it is not my primary language

Andi Christiansen
2015-2-13
Use props
michael-dicker.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

If a prop is chipped or has a hairline crack remove it and don't use it again.
Copter props spin with 10.000 rounds per minute and can burst.

I have seen one burst in mid air flight, luckily I was far enough away.
2015-2-13
Use props
armyturtle
lvl.1

United States

The real question is when the hell can we buy replacement props?? Unfortunately I chopped a set (only one damaged but not willing to use any of them after it anyway) and now I'm down to just the last set. I'd like to always have 2-3 sets extra. I mean seriously... could you not get BASIC REPLACEMENT PARTS IN ORDER??
2015-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules