Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO X3 video and pic footage stinks
1795 10 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chocha4u
lvl.1

United States

Wow this camera sucks like reallllllllly sucks.

My iphone 6S plus runs circles around this. I might as well use my GoPro Hero Black 5 with the Karma Grip which produces much better footage.

I wanted the OSMO so much but damn the footage is so washed out and never looks focused. im outside looking at my license plate and its not focus up close nor walking far from it. This is a poor camera. Dont say you want great footage get the X5. Hell the Hero5 is as good as the X5 when you dont use it to zoom since the GoPro does not zoom.

What is the best camera settings to get the most out of this?

I think im going to return this garbage. What a waste. Im done with DJI they stink.
2016-12-23
Use props
fans90c13814
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you say post-processing?
2016-12-23
Use props
Horsenail
New

United States

Post processing is a key to great footage. However, I too have had some issues with focusing. The firmware update fixed some of those issues. As with anything, it takes some getting used to.
2016-12-23
Use props
chocha4u
lvl.1

United States

Horsenail Posted at 2016-12-23 14:26
Post processing is a key to great footage. However, I too have had some issues with focusing. The firmware update fixed some of those issues. As with anything, it takes some getting used to.

whats this mean "Post processing is a key to great footage"?

Im sorry I'm new to this.
2016-12-23
Use props
Horsenail
New

United States

chocha4u Posted at 2016-12-24 04:01
whats this mean "Post processing is a key to great footage"?

Im sorry I'm new to this.

It means importing footage to an editor (Lightroom, Final Cut, even iMovie ) and color correcting
2016-12-23
Use props
chocha4u
lvl.1

United States

my concern is more the clarity and sharpness.
What are the best settings most people use on the OSMO for the best video and picture footage using the X3
2016-12-23
Use props
Vinc26
lvl.3
France

Hi, please could you sent us some footage to see what you mean by bad  quality ? Also any Hero5 footage to compare ?
2016-12-23
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

chocha4u Posted at 2016-12-24 05:21
my concern is more the clarity and sharpness.
What are the best settings most people use on the OSMO for the best video and picture footage using the X3

What is your main shooting resolution that you use? and what are your camera settings? do you use auto or manual mode?
2016-12-23
Use props
chocha4u
lvl.1

United States

I shoot 4K at 30FPS. Im debating about going to 1080P at a higher FPS because 1080P and 4K the difference is not that noticeable to the naked eye. I'm going that will also save battery life?

I used nothing for color but today I'll try DLOG. Under custom style for sharpness, contrast and sat I had it at 0. I will try -2. Everything else is pretty much auto
2016-12-24
Use props
chocha4u
lvl.1

United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-12-24 08:39
What is your main shooting resolution that you use? and what are your camera settings? do you use auto or manual mode?

Hi Nigel. What do you think of my settings?
2016-12-28
Use props
nk4a91coxAIw
lvl.1
United States

Video settings

This channel has all kinds of useful info.

The osmo isn't as easy as GoPro but with the right settings and post software, you can get good results.
2016-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules