Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO footage compared to iPhone streaming
774 5 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chocha4u
lvl.2

United States

Hold up i noticed something odd today. While driving around with the OSMO i was looking at the screen on my iphone and its poor to the point in like wow this footage sucks. But when I import the footage to my computer its not to bad. Its not the best in the world but looks wayyy better than what it did on the iphone.

Any reason why?

Also whats best practice to get my data out of the camera without having to remove the SD card?

Thanks for the help in advanced.
2016-12-23
Use props
Vinc26
lvl.4
France

iPhone footage seems only usable to quickly post something on youtube... Yes you have to use SDCard footage ! Have you tried to plug an USB cable on your Osmo ?
2016-12-23
Use props
chocha4u
lvl.2

United States

Vinc26 Posted at 2016-12-23 17:06
iPhone footage seems only usable to quickly post something on youtube... Yes you have to use SDCard footage ! Have you tried to plug an USB cable on your Osmo ?

No I'm not talking about saving the video on my iPhone. Im talking about when I'm recording with the OSMO the screen on the iPhone shows real low res footage but when i put that clip on my computer from the OSMO it looks better.
2016-12-23
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.4

United Kingdom

It's because of lag caused by the WiFi link between Osmo and phone. You could try changing the wifi link to 5.805 Ghz in the Osmo settings menu. Also make sure you have all other apps and connections shut down on phone.
Cheers
2016-12-23
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
First Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

chocha4u Posted at 2016-12-24 06:32
No I'm not talking about saving the video on my iPhone. Im talking about when I'm recording with the OSMO the screen on the iPhone shows real low res footage but when i put that clip on my computer from the OSMO it looks better.

Hi, thats quite normal, as the footage from your osmo to your iPhone via wifi is at a low res, this is to reduce video lag and jumpy footage on your phone preview.
Also the best way to retrieve video footage from your osmo SD is to remove the SD card, you can also use the data cable plugged into the osmo to PC and download footage that way to if you wish.
2016-12-23
Use props
chocha4u
lvl.2

United States

I changed it to 5Ghz and it looks worse
2016-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules