Osmo+ Drift bug (demo video)
1357 6 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vinc26
lvl.3
France

Hi,

It seems I'm not alone; I've read lot around the web about this bug. Here is a video accelerated 20x. It make Osmo+ allmost unusable to make Time Lapses !

Any workaround ? Any update DJI ?

Vincent

2016-12-23
Use props
Horsenail
New

United States

Have you tried a motion timelapse yet?
2016-12-23
Use props
Vinc26
lvl.3
France

Hi Horsenail,

Yes, I've made two real life tests, one with Motion TimeLapse, and one with Regular TimeLapse.

Here is the Regular TimaLapse : You can see the Drift bug :

Here is the Motion TimeLapse : No Drift bug ?!

Well: this bug definitely exists here. And appart TimeLapses, if you want to make a simple fixe video shot, the bug exists... Sometime a very visible Yaw drift at the start of a shot.
Can our confirm my tests with your Osmo+ ?

Vincent
2016-12-24
Use props
Vinc26
lvl.3
France

Two more tests :

Motion TimeLapse with very small gap between start and end points : Apparently no drift bug.

And Accelerated video : Drift bug...
2016-12-24
Use props
vivian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 661627 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

for me, it changes the tilt itself and makes the whole motion timelapse go off the horizon line.
2017-1-20
Use props
Vinc26
lvl.3
France

Hi there,

This bug has not been fixed in Firmware 1.4.0.70.

2017-2-14
Use props
Ranze
lvl.2

United States

I'm just commenting to keep in touch with this thread. I just got my Osmo+ about a week ago. I haven't been able to go out and film with it or test out all the functions yet. But hopefully DJI gets this fixed for ya. Do you think this is  happening to all/most units  (I have been seeing posts about this too)? I wonder if it's strictly due to firmware, or if there's physical wear and tear you don't see after using it for some time? I hope mine is fine and doesn't turn that way anytime soon.
2017-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules