1605 4 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

Im thinking about upgrading and getting a new iPad for my phantom, but I was wondering if I get the new device and then download the app, will all my other photos and 720p video clips still become available within the app on the new device? I would hate to get rid of the other iPad then not have access to all my old content except through SD cards...
2016-12-23
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

They store in your device, not the cloud. So no your new device will not have them unless you transfer them over.
2016-12-23
Use props
Mr Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-23 13:14
They store in your device, not the cloud. So no your new device will not have them unless you transfer them over.

Dang, thats a bit of an inconvenience. Thanks for the reply!
2016-12-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you sync your flights, then resync with the new device, you can atleast get your flight records back.
I never store much, within the app, preferring to download all of the marvelous videos and still pics, to my desktop computer.
You could also place them on a USB thumb drive, for convenience. ;-)
There are always options, in the digital world. Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-23
Use props
Takeoff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9915 ft
Australia

Hi, I have been using an iPhone 5s with my P3 Pro until I bought the new iPhone 7+ before Xmas. I use iTunes to restore all my phone data and apps across to the new iPhone. When I read your posts earlier, it prompted me to look into my new iPhone to see if all my videos and flight records are there. Fortunately, it is all there. Even my first flight record is there. However, if you use an iPad, I am not sure how you will transfer all your data across. If you use iTunes, then I suppose there will be no problems. Hope this sheds a bit more assurance for you.
2016-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules