Camera pointing off to left after upgrade
1071 15 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alanwg
lvl.1

United States

I've got an issue since upgradeing my Version to 1.7.90 this afternoon, my App is 3.1.0 and my camera is about 45 degrees to the left. Everthing else seems fine, I also can't go back to the old firmware load.

2016-12-23
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

Typical answers are - Have you calibrated camera / gimbal after upgrade ? Are settings in Go app correct ?

If yes and still offset. You can slack the little black grubscrew at top of camera arm and turn to align. Make sure arm is bedded to its bearing and screw tight when finished. But before doing this - check that gimbal has full operation ...

Nigel
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, have you already tried an IMU calibration, then a gimbal calibration in that order? How long have you had this unit?
2016-12-23
Use props
alanwg
lvl.1

United States

Yes to both responses, except for manually moving the grubscrew.  It doesn't make any sense that a frimware upgrade should cause this issue?  Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try to get back to the older load just to see it fixes the issue.......  I hope........
2016-12-23
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Russia

I totally agree that a FW change should not cause this.

My suggestion of physical adjustment of the arm is a last resort if nothing else works.

Nigel
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

alanwg Posted at 2016-12-24 10:26
Yes to both responses, except for manually moving the grubscrew.  It doesn't make any sense that a frimware upgrade should cause this issue?  Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try to get back to the older load just to see it fixes the issue.......  I hope........

It shouldn't cause this, could you happen to provide a small video of how it behaves if the issue persists?
2016-12-23
Use props
alanwg
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Jamie,  Sorry for the delay but I was out of town for the holidays.  Here is the video you requested, also, as of today I can't manually adjust the cameras horizontal position, I could last week.  Is it possible to go back to the old firmware load?

2016-12-29
Use props
alanwg
lvl.1

United States

New video:

2017-1-7
Use props
probonic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61211 ft
United Kingdom

alanwg Posted at 2017-1-7 10:39
New video:

https://youtu.be/xE2zVQ-LJ8s

It's set as private.  You need to make it public.
2017-1-7
Use props
alanwg
lvl.1

United States

Try it now.
2017-1-8
Use props
alanwg
lvl.1

United States

Can someone from DJI  take a look at this problem, it showed itself after upgrading, Is there a was to go back to the previous version?
2017-1-10
Use props
alanwg
lvl.1

United States

I guess not, I'm on my own.....
2017-1-12
Use props
alanwg
lvl.1

United States

Just to update.......myself.......... Recal'ed  everything and upgraded to the new firmware and nothing changed, the camera is still pointing to the left.
2017-1-12
Use props
fans09c49881
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243127 ft
France

I have just been victim for 2 days of the same anomaly, after 3 months of use and 4 to 5 hours of flight! Posts: - in the interface of DJI GO: no signal and - in the status of the device: camera disconnected. So I bring my drone to the seller. He will return to DJI, Switzerland. I'm waiting for the diagnosis.
2017-1-14
Use props
alanwg
lvl.1

United States

Well it took me over a month but I finally fixed my problem, and without any DJI help.
2017-1-27
Use props
gbmarsh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75692 ft
Canada

alanwg Posted at 2017-1-27 14:38
Well it took me over a month but I finally fixed my problem, and without any DJI help.

It would be nice to share the solution so others might benefit, don't you think?
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules