P4p Plus Controller Defective on Arrival - Please Help!
1294 8 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
intraining1
lvl.1

United States

My P4P Plus just arrived. First Drone. Carefull updated firmware on the Phantom forst using Assistant 2 on my Mac. Assistant said it is now Current. But the controller kept saying to upgrade firmware. Called DJI Support as I also wanted to use the simulator to learn how to fly with controller. He had me start the engines and then the controller made a loud, continuous beeping sound. Support said I needed to update firmware on controller. We tried to do this in the assistant and it would not recognize the controller no matter what we did. Did all kinds of re-boots, etc and no go. After a few hours, support said the controller is defective and to return.

Has anyone had this problem or similar? Is there a solution? DO I really have to send this all back?

Thanks!
2016-12-23
Use props
intraining1
lvl.1

United States

PS: I think I will just send back and get the regular P4P and use my iPhone. Unless anyone has a fix...
2016-12-23
Use props
intraining1
lvl.1

United States

One more thing.... The support person had me go to the "About" page in the Go App. It dod not even show the controller at all, it showed the Phantom but not the controller. V
2016-12-23
Use props
rparge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

Did you, from the front screen, hook the tablet to your wireless? (Gear > system settings)

Then from the front screen > gear icon > System settings > (scroll down) > About device.

This is where I see V01.01.01.01.

This was a different number (don't remember) upon arrival, and I kept getting reminded to update.

2016-12-23
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

intraining1 Posted at 2016-12-23 22:47
PS: I think I will just send back and get the regular P4P and use my iPhone. Unless anyone has a fix...

You cant update the firmware in the remote controller using the DJI Assistant, I don't know why DJI Support would suggest this.
There are two ways to update the firmware in the remote...
1) Download the controller firmware from here http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads . The file that you download is a compressed zip file, the required file needs extracting and is called "GL300E_RC_User_v1111_20161209.bin". Put the downloaded firmware ".bin" file in the root directory on a microsd card.  Insert card in back of controller. Switch on controller. Click cog icon. choose system settings. turn wifi off. from settings page select..about device. choose system updates. in the top right corner click the 3 dots. chose local update. then wait until controller is updated. After this turn wifi back on.
2) Turn on controller. click cog icon. then system settings. Make sure wifi is on and you have a connection to your internet router - it must say connected for this to work. go back to settings. then about device. then system updates. then check for update. Then wait for it to download and install.....may take half an hour or more so be patient.
Best of luck.
2016-12-23
Use props
intraining1
lvl.1

United States

Thanks to all! Thanks also Phil, I just did what you said, an error code came up and said it did not install, but when I restarted the controller, it says, firmware is up to date! BUT, when I start the motors, the controller still has continuous loud beeps which the support person said is a defect. Any idea about these beeps?
2016-12-23
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

intraining1 Posted at 2016-12-23 23:15
Thanks to all! Thanks also Pjil, I just did what you said, an error code came up and said it did not install, but when I restarted the controller, it says, firmware is up to date! BUT, when I start the motors, the controller still has continuous loud beeps which the support person said is a defect. Any idea about these beeps?

I know it might sound obvious but the controller battery is fully charged? ..it can take a couple of hours to fully charge. The remote controller status indicator will blink red and sound an alert if the battery level is critically low.

If all else fails you could try a reset on the controller.
2016-12-23
Use props
intraining1
lvl.1

United States

Thanks, yes, the battery was fully charged. Think I will start over with the P4P and my iPhone. I have not heard of these kinds of issues with the non-plus controller.
2016-12-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, you only upgraded the aircraft and not the RC, correct? When you connect just the RC, do you see the notification to update the RC via the camera view?
2016-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules