The gimbal sensor grafts are not accurate enough.
1471 2 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

I used follow me mode 2 days ago in an empty soccer field. I locked onto my daughter (7 years old) and she ran straight. It could not follow her and lost it's lock almost right away. Then we tried it with her running in a circle. that worked for about one loop but it couldn't keep up with her.
It seems right after that my GPS must of lost GPS but I'm not sure. The drone drifted to the edge of the field where there were trees. I used my iPhone screen to see what it was doing as I couldn't see my drone very well as to which way it was facing. I saw it was moving into the trees so I pulled away but what I didn't know was it was traveling sideways instead of away from the trees, The tree was getting further way but that was because it was in a small open area. I was about 12 feet in the air when it backed into branches from another tree. I lost all four props.
It took 3 times to recalibrate the gimbal. Each time I flew straight up and used the ocean as a level until it got better. It took the third recalibration to get it back to perfect. The gimbal grafts were all in the green, the first time the green was a bit longer showing it was ok but it wasn't but the second time you would think it was ok because the graft showed just green dots. The third time it was fully corrected.

DJI please note: The gimbal sensor grafts are not accurate enough to make the decision whether the gimbal has been recalibrate to 100% accurate. They need to be more sensitive.

So if you have trouble with recalibrating your gimbal and it you don't like the results do it again till it gets to your liking.

Also on my first test first flight the whole left side was totally out of focus after beinging calibrated the first time. The second gimbal calibration probably fixed the focus problem. I used the sharpness mode at 90% which outlined everything in red which showed what was in focus. Now everything is correctly in focus. It took three gimble calibrations to get the gimbal level.

I'm not sure what mistakes I might of made or what happened that the drone just drifted off. Perhaps it was just starting to get dark and it was still trying to find my daughter? Just a theory.

2016-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, thanks for your suggestion.
Except gimbal calibration, please do a cold IMU calibration on a completely flat surface.
Test more, if there's any issue, please feel free to let me know.
2016-12-26
Use props
Free Bird
lvl.3

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-26 22:19
Hello, thanks for your suggestion.
Except gimbal calibration, please do a cold IMU calibration on a completely flat surface.
Test more, if there's any issue, please feel free to let me know.

I just updated the the newest update for the DJI Go 4 and looking through the settings the gimbal was slightly longer green on the one of the grafts. According to specifications it should be good to fly but last week it wasn't when it showed more than just a green dot.
I flew again on the 24th with great results, perhaps that is when the gimbal started moving from perfect. I'm not sure if the gimbal was out before I upgraded but it was slightly out after the upgrade check so I recalibrate it tonight while checking out the settings for my next flight.
It's been a mix of rain snow and slush today so I hope it clears so I can check if everything is on the level. I sure love my Mavic!!!

2016-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules