Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help DJI! Force Landing auto-initiated During Flight. Almost Cr...
1864 9 2016-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1868376 ft
  • >>>
United States

I upgraded to the DJI GO 4 App today. Prior to this I have been using the old DJI Go App. I have recorded 58 flights with no prior issued until using the DJI GO 4 app. I don't know if this has anything to do with my Mavic initiating the landing sequence during mid flight or not. My total flight time showed 16:25 with 9 min left of battery before it started to land automatically. I wasn't able to cancel the landing or do anything to stop it. Luckily I was flying high enough at the time that I was able to manuver the drone to a safe landing area.
When I landed the drone it my battery life showed 38%. This should not have issued the low battery landing feature. I don't know if I this was a fluke but I don't want to fly the drone until I can get some answers or a resolution to this problem.

I uploaded my flight log to health drones: http://healthydrones.com/main?share=dMzlIS

I have also emailed DJI Support. Request Number: 372726

2016-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi braddahjosh808, I'm not familiar with health drones. Could you please export the flight data and upload it to dropbox?
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

2016-12-25
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-25 16:53
Hi braddahjosh808, I'm not familiar with health drones. Could you please export the flight data and upload it to dropbox?
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

Hi Mindy,

Here are the flight logs from that day.
Flight Logs
2016-12-26
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.2
United States

is this a duplicated topic?
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

braddahjosh808 Posted at 2016-12-27 02:34
Hi Mindy,

Here are the flight logs from that day.

Thank you.
I'll help to pass your data file to our engineers for review.
2016-12-26
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-26 23:04
Thank you.
I'll help to pass your data file to our engineers for review.

Hi DJI Mindy,

Were the engineers able to look at my flight logs? My Mavic went into forced landing again at 400ft yesterday. I also noticed that the VPS distance drops to zero sporadically when i'm flying. This could be the reason why its going into forced landing mode.

Here is the link to my flight log for this incident: Flight Log 1/1/17
2017-1-2
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

So I sent my Mavic in for RMA and just received notice that repairs have been completed and will be shipping back to me within 3 business days. On the repair ticket it shows that the Flight Controller ESC Board had to be replaced. For those with similar issues I suggest sending in your mavic for RMA since it looks like there is a hardware issue and can't be resolved with a firmware update.
2017-1-16
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

braddahjosh808 Posted at 2017-1-16 20:14
So I sent my Mavic in for RMA and just received notice that repairs have been completed and will be shipping back to me within 3 business days. On the repair ticket it shows that the Flight Controller ESC Board had to be replaced. For those with similar issues I suggest sending in your mavic for RMA since it looks like there is a hardware issue and can't be resolved with a firmware update.

Hi - out of interest, when did you get your Mavic ? Was it an early one or one of the recent 'fast shipping' orders ?
2017-1-17
Use props
braddahjosh808
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Chriscycling Posted at 2017-1-17 00:57
Hi - out of interest, when did you get your Mavic ? Was it an early one or one of the recent 'fast shipping' orders ?

I preordered mine on 9/28 and received it on 11/11
2017-1-17
Use props
tof114
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90751 ft
Hong Kong

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now