DJI Sunshade for Mavic Controller
1192 14 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

Just noticed the new accessory on the DJI site.  For the cheap price I am thinking about trying it out.

DJI Sunshade
2016-12-24
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting, I would have thought by covering the antennas it would mess with signal.  
2016-12-24
Use props
james007
lvl.2
United States

Doesn't covering the antennas disrupt the signal ??
2018-10-17
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Pretty sure it would take a more dense substance to hamper signal.
2018-10-17
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I use one of those but only paid $12 for it a year or so ago. It's nothing new only to show it fits newer models is all that i see. I use a phone holder that allows my phones to be on top of my RC so the shade covers everything a whole lot better than just using it like on the webpage.
Edit: Here is the phone holder i use with it https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... i-mavic-phone-mount
2018-10-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rolling56 Posted at 2018-10-17 05:44
I use one of those but only paid $12 for it a year or so ago. It's nothing new only to show it fits newer models is all that i see. I use a phone holder that allows my phones to be on top of my RC so the shade covers everything a whole lot better than just using it like on the webpage.
Edit: Here is the phone holder i use with it https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/dji-mavic-filters-and-accessories/products/dji-mavic-phone-mount

I think the OP was back in Dec 2016 mate.
I used this too - worked great for me on the Mavic's.
2018-10-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

james007 Posted at 2018-10-17 04:44
Doesn't covering the antennas disrupt the signal ??

No.  It is plastic.  Signals pass through it, similar to plastic that encase antennas.
Have one and used it with without signal problems.
2018-10-17
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-10-17 08:06
I think the OP was back in Dec 2016 mate.
I used this too - worked great for me on the Mavic's.

lol :doh: ya ok we now return to our regular programming good night
I put my other phone where the mount is on the bottom of the RC so both phones are right there and not have one in my pocket in case someone calls while i am flying.
2018-10-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rolling56 Posted at 2018-10-17 09:24
lol :doh: ya ok we now return to our regular programming good night
I put my other phone where the mount is on the bottom of the RC so both phones are right there and not have one in my pocket in case someone calls while i am flying.

That's cool - never thought to do that but makes perfect sense
2018-10-17
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-10-17 05:44
I use one of those but only paid $12 for it a year or so ago. It's nothing new only to show it fits newer models is all that i see. I use a phone holder that allows my phones to be on top of my RC so the shade covers everything a whole lot better than just using it like on the webpage.
Edit: Here is the phone holder i use with it https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/dji-mavic-filters-and-accessories/products/dji-mavic-phone-mount

So just to confirm, this mount works with that sunshade? Thinking about ordering
2018-10-18
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
United States

Rfern Posted at 2018-10-18 17:48
So just to confirm, this mount works with that sunshade? Thinking about ordering

It's a tight fit with my Nexus 6 but works. What phone will you be using to be sure? I'll try to take a pic of it all together later and post it.
2018-10-19
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4

rolling56 Posted at 2018-10-19 03:36
It's a tight fit with my Nexus 6 but works. What phone will you be using to be sure? I'll try to take a pic of it all together later and post it.

I’m using an IPhone S. I already ordered so I hope it fits. Patience is not one of my attributes. Good thing about Amazon is no hassle returns.  I love the phone mount, just looking for a sunshade that’s compatible, thanks for the info
2018-10-19
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
United States

Rfern Posted at 2018-10-19 06:00
I’m using an IPhone S. I already ordered so I hope it fits. Patience is not one of my attributes. Good thing about Amazon is no hassle returns.  I love the phone mount, just looking for a sunshade that’s compatible, thanks for the info

ya should fit ok. That shade and the phone on the bottom of the RC just doesn't block the sun very well at least i didn't think. Then i saw that mount and that moved the phone to the top of the RC and works much better i think. Like i mentioned earlier i use my other phone below to have it right there for phone calls or texts etc. You can cut a piece of cardboard and put there if you want to. Fix it however you want to. Let me know what you think when you get it.
2018-10-19
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4

rolling56 Posted at 2018-10-19 06:10
ya should fit ok. That shade and the phone on the bottom of the RC just doesn't block the sun very well at least i didn't think. Then i saw that mount and that moved the phone to the top of the RC and works much better i think. Like i mentioned earlier i use my other phone below to have it right there for phone calls or texts etc. You can cut a piece of cardboard and put there if you want to. Fix it however you want to. Let me know what you think when you get it.

Will do, thanks again for the input!
2018-10-19
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
United States

Rfern Posted at 2018-10-19 13:46
Will do, thanks again for the input!

Works excellent!! Tested it out today. Couldnt be more pleased. Thank you for the heads up with the mount/sunscreen combo. Fits like a glove and is way more effective thzn the device beliw the rc. Thank you again
2018-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules