5151 19 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DerKlotz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83465 ft
Germany

Hello,
i can´t store Offline Maps in High Resolution. As u can see on the picture the resolution is horrorble. With Litchi App i don´t have that problem.

I use Android devices -> Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge + NVidia Shield K1

Thanks for help

Maximum Resolution

Maximum Resolution
Screenshot_20161224-134126.png
2016-12-24
Use props
River One
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7691722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same here .. maps so blurry they are worthless .. is not the case when using Litchi.. DJI Ken??
2016-12-24
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Litchi uses Google maps still, GO app uses Here maps. There is currently some issue with Here maps on Android displaying that way. Apparently Apple products are not encountering this.
2016-12-24
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Setting aside the appalling quality of HERE maps anyway, I also see this lack of fill in when online outside my house. Some tiles fill in but others do not, regardless of moving and zooming.
2016-12-25
Use props
fans5d8b432f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same problem here. S7e Mavic.  Satellite view just not loading. Didnt know the app used Here maps. Anyone know a solution?
2016-12-25
Use props
m1xzg
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I've also just noticed the horrible map resolution while looking through the flight logs on the phone.   I really hope DJI will go back to Google Maps or at least let us pick the map supplier.  I really am not impressed with the switch to Here Maps     I'm using a S7 (not edge).
2016-12-25
Use props
Grumps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16610876 ft
United States

Here in CA, near Yosemite, using s7. Have to zoom out just to see amorphous blobs. I thought the maps weren't loading until I zoomed WAY out and was able to identify CA. I didn't realize that when they said "Satellite View" they meant the view you would actually see if you sat on their satellite. Can't show this unprofessional crap to clients. BRING BACK GOOGLE MAPS.
2016-12-25
Use props
fans5d8b432f
lvl.1

United Kingdom

OK, I have been on to DJI three times today trying to sort this out.  First they told me to download the 'Here Maps' app.  This just confirmed what we thought, that DJI go is actually trying to load Here maps already! (which explains why they are so rubbish!)  There is a fair bit about this problem on the Phantom 4 forums, with many users upset about the apparent change to Here maps.  Anyway, downloading the app made no difference.  Now I was advised to enable usb debugging.  Didn't make any difference. They also had a prod at me for using an S7edge (ie not a recommended device), but I notice DerKlotz is using a NV Shield, which is recommended, so dont think that's the problem. I explained Litchi works OK and they just said it would invalidate my warranty if I had a crash etc when using Litchi!

Anyone got any good ideas, as without the satellite view the whole thing is useless and I cannot really fly?
2016-12-26
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans5d8b432f Posted at 2016-12-26 16:08
OK, I have been on to DJI three times today trying to sort this out.  First they told me to download the 'Here Maps' app.  This just confirmed what we thought, that DJI go is actually trying to load Here maps already! (which explains why they are so rubbish!)  There is a fair bit about this problem on the Phantom 4 forums, with many users upset about the apparent change to Here maps.  Anyway, downloading the app made no difference.  Now I was advised to enable usb debugging.  Didn't make any difference. They also had a prod at me for using an S7edge (ie not a recommended device), but I notice DerKlotz is using a NV Shield, which is recommended, so dont think that's the problem. I explained Litchi works OK and they just said it would invalidate my warranty if I had a crash etc when using Litchi!

Anyone got any good ideas, as without the satellite view the whole thing is useless and I cannot really fly?

It's just sad they try to make you do all that when they must know none of it will work because for some reason Here have pitiful resolution which is practically worthless.
Having said that iwhen they first switched over it was only marginally worse than google in some areas - except the maps won't scroll as you fly away.
Something else is wrong now and has been wrong for a while.

Perhaps they should give the option to change the map box to picture of kittens or a puppy because it would be just as useful.
2016-12-26
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1638323 ft
United States

OFFLINE???  HERE NEVER WORKS (resolution is so bad, it's simply INOP now).

HERE Maps is blurry like this for me ONLINE - I am connected to WiFi...  BLURRY!  LTE/4G...  BLURRY!  

Later on whilst checking flight records within DJI GO 4 (and I'm connected to the freakin internet then, too, duh)...  BLURRY!  

stock SAMSUNG S5...  Heck, it looks like crap on wego.here.com.  Their map imagery is DEFUNCT!!
2016-12-26
Use props
TBerrigan
lvl.1

United States

Yeah all of their imagery where I live is at least 5-6 years old and extremely low resolution. Looks like google maps from 10 years ago. There is an entire development in my neighborhood built 4 years ago not even showing on the maps. What a joke... HERE maps obviously paid DJI to use their product and ditch Google, this is totally unacceptable.
2016-12-26
Use props
fansb07437fe
New
Flight distance : 285518 ft
United States

I've been contemplating purchase of a mavic, so I just downloaded the DJI go 4 app on my shield tablet and pixel phone to play around with it.

I figured this was a bug that the maps are sooo low quality. The quality I'm seeing is the multi-state zoom level, just globs of green and brown when zoomed in where I'd be using it.

This is certainly unacceptable right? I'm currently thinking I won't buy the drone until this is fixed.
2016-12-26
Use props
m1xzg
lvl.1

United Kingdom

After opening a support case with DJI about these horrible new maps they've stuffed us with, this the response.   Everyone needs to email dev@dji.com and complain!
It's a pretty typical response from a company that is feeling the hate for thier horrible decision ...
2016-12-27 00_08_44-[DJI] _ RE [Europe][United Kingdom][Mavic][] Problem Report .png
2016-12-26
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Just go back to DJI GO 3.0.1 and you will be back to gogle maps ....
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

River One Posted at 2016-12-24 06:04
Same here .. maps so blurry they are worthless .. is not the case when using Litchi.. DJI Ken??

I'm sorry, I'm on IOS.
I've reported it.
2016-12-26
Use props
elborikuaSOMD
lvl.1

United States

I went back to DJI GO 3.0.1   I would much rather have google maps than cinematic mode and the other "updates" that come with DJI GO 4 and the crappy useless HERE maps.
2016-12-26
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

Can you update the firmware with DJI go 3.0.1?
2016-12-26
Use props
m1xzg
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-27 01:07
I'm sorry, I'm on IOS.
I've reported it.

Please ensure that DJI is fully aware of how serious this matter is!  Frankly any other development should be put on hold until this issue is resolved.  It's ridiculous to have even made this change without significant and extensive testing by checking the quality of maps at least half of the countries DJI products are shipped to.  
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

m1xzg Posted at 2016-12-28 08:39
Please ensure that DJI is fully aware of how serious this matter is!  Frankly any other development should be put on hold until this issue is resolved.  It's ridiculous to have even made this change without significant and extensive testing by checking the quality of maps at least half of the countries DJI products are shipped to.

I understand your concerns and have relayed them.
2016-12-28
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Also like the "vote" thread, I echo the concerns of others. The new maps are appalling and, in practical terms, useless.
* even if they "worked" on Android, the Here maps are old, low res rubbish.
2016-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules