Battery Problems
8491 43 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bayricker
New

United States

Received two batteries back from DJI service. New S/Ns so these are replacement batteries not repaired. Both batteries work as they should and drone flies fine.

While waiting the two weeks to get the battery problem resolved I ordered a 3rd battery off Amazon. Adorama, a well respected dealer of electronic and camera gear, was the seller. This battery was new in box, all seals in place. Yes, this battery was DOA. No lights and didn't charge. That is three out of three new batteries dead. I'm hoping DJI has corrected this problem in their China based supply chain. If not then FIX IT.
2017-1-21
Use props
lrpman
New

United States

Ok add two more batteries to this. One with p4 And the 2nd from amazon are fine. But the Best Buy ones are no good. I am past the 1/15/2017 to return since they where gifts from different people in different states.

2017-1-21
Use props
Magic79
New
United States

I have had similar problems.

I bought my Phantom 4 in October and flew it 4 times before the winter weather grounded me. I took it out to fly in March, and everything worked fine. I put my 3 batteries in the gang-charger. After they were fully charged, I put the charger on "storage".  For a couple of weeks, I could see the lights on the batteries cycling. A week later, the weather cleared and I took the copter and 3 batteries out to fly. ALL were dead.

I came home and put them on the charger. One does nothing. Two light up and appear to be charging for about 10 seconds, then go dark. This repeats, but the batteries never charge. The flashing lights for a few seconds is not described in the manual.

I called support and all he was interested in was when I bought them so he could tell me the warranty had expired. No help, couldn't tell me what this flashing meant. His advice "Buy new batteries".  Sorry DJI but that is a load of crap. Three batteries do NOT simultaneously fail after 7 months unless there is a defect. Now I have $500 of paper weights.

I bought two new batteries. Put the first one on the charger and it charged right up. The second one was dead with no lights. I returned it for a refund.

CLEARLY, DJI you have serious defects with these batteries. Despite the fact that my warranty had expired by a few days, you should replace these as it is clear you know you have a problem. I was all set to add a Spark to my squadron, but no way on earth I'm going to buy another one of your products until this battery problem is solved.

I would sure appreciate a contact from the Administrator.
2017-6-21
Use props
ArkansasAerials
New
United States

This is likely a similar issue i've continued to have since Phantom 3 batteries.    I have P4s's that exhibit the issue but i was willing to bench test a cheaper new P3 battery (best buy).   There is something wrong with the charging/control circuit on nearly all these batteries!!    Example:  P3 battery (3s) will register a proper charge on a volt meter (12.6 ish)... then as soon as load is applied, the voltage switches to 11.4v.   This happens so fast it is definitely a switch taking place.  This brand new battery, registers as 19 flights out of the box...    it flys for 30 seconds before hitting low power mode and auto decent.      

Why is the circuit switching voltage to what is essentially "storage" voltage as soon as load is applied??  any load, (0.1a) will cause it to switch... if its just powered on and no load... 12v...   DJI, this is silly.  I can buy better quality 3s batteries for $50, but we need your dam propitiatory circuit...   re-thinking my upgrade plan to mavic and matrice 600... i cant have a M600 failing to LP.
2017-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules