Aircraft disconnected error
2069 4 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cho7
lvl.2
France

Hi,

During my first "serious" flight (until battery is empty) I have been disconnected several times. Each time, DJI Go 4 starts complaining first ("aircraft disconnected" and black and white fixed image) then the aircraft became unresponsive, started drifting slowly, the controller eventually display "Connecting..." then finally reconnect successfully and quickly display "Landing".

I had to cancel Landing with Pause button (because it was going to land on my roof) then take control back.

Hopefully aircraft was in my garden, not over the ocean.

Very scary moment. Can someone explains me how such frequent disconnections are possible ??

Thanks
2016-12-24
Use props
PeterHurn
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same issue, New Mavic and DJI Go 4 first flight.
am using an iPhone 6s, either making changes in DJI Go 4 or sometimes on it's own the video feed is lost, Mavic stays stable in flight.

Same location with a DJI Phantom 4 and an iPad is fine.

I'm going to put the iPhone in aircraft mode and try that in case the signal is getting swamped by the poor mobile signal here.

2016-12-24
Use props
cho7
lvl.2
France

Hi Peter,

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, with latest firmware on controller and aircraft. I don't understand what you mean by switching aircraft mode or poor mobile signal. Mobile signal is not involved here, because I'm using the rc controller so the phone is only used for video streaming using the USB connection of the rc controller.

Is there anyone here from DJI who could help us to figure out what went wrong ?

Thanks
2016-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Is the firmware up to date?
As for the disconnect issue, possibly you ran into interference in that area.
Please try to fly in a different area to see if it's the same or not.
Also, please adjust the antenna during your flight.
2016-12-24
Use props
cho7
lvl.2
France

Hi Mindy. Yes, firmware was up to date. This morning I had a warning I never read before : inconsistent firmware version. RC controller has been updated by DJI go 4, then I was able to flight normally. Strange.
2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules