Mavic Pro will NOT descend unless VPS turned off.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nasscar Posted at 2017-1-24 11:40
I just recently received my Mavic and has this issue from day one.

I have to force to auto land.

You can contact support and send it in for repair/exchange if you like.
2017-1-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-24 12:47

I, like many others on here don't want to send it in and wait a month or more to get it back ( like I'm going thru with my p4 pro) we just want it to work as advertised.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-1-24 13:24
I, like many others on here don't want to send it in and wait a month or more to get it back ( like I'm going thru with my p4 pro) we just want it to work as advertised.

If you send it in it would not be a month, it would be a quick exchange.
2017-1-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-24 13:40
If you send it in it would not be a month, it would be a quick exchange.

It took 3 days to get a shipping label, 7 days for them to receive it, DJI has had my drone for 3 days and it still hasn't been checked in. There's 13 days and it's not even half way complete. So I'm guessing a month? I don't think I'm that far off.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-1-24 15:28
It took 3 days to get a shipping label, 7 days for them to receive it, DJI has had my drone for 3 days and it still hasn't been checked in. There's 13 days and it's not even half way complete. So I'm guessing a month? I don't think I'm that far off.

What is your case number and I'll make sure it get's taken care of quickly.
And in the future for everyone, when getting a RMA it should only take a day at max. Please reply to one of my posts if it takes longer and I can get you an RMA within an hour (during business hours).
So I'm sorry it took 3 days, I do not know what happened.
I'll also look at your tracking number to see why it took 7 days to get to California.
When it gets delivered to the repair center, it can take a few days for logistics to get it into the evaluation line.
2017-1-24
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any idea yet if this is hardware or firmware?  Everything I see so far is contradictory.  I just ordered mine this past Sunday so I'll look for the issue.   Glad I read this post!
2017-1-24
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13750 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-24 12:47

I know it's not worth getting annoyed about this as things take time to happen but i'm wondering if it'd be quicker to RMA the Mavic or wait for a possible fix, PM me if you think it's a wiser way to respond
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

iPurvis Posted at 2017-1-25 07:26
I know it's not worth getting annoyed about this as things take time to happen but i'm wondering if it'd be quicker to RMA the Mavic or wait for a possible fix, PM me if you think it's a wiser way to respond

That is totally up to you.
The turn around time should be too long so you may want to consider it.
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

The Roach Posted at 2017-1-24 16:27
Any idea yet if this is hardware or firmware?  Everything I see so far is contradictory.  I just ordered mine this past Sunday so I'll look for the issue.   Glad I read this post!

I'm sure your aircraft will be just fine.
2017-1-25
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-20 09:52
Hi
When i RMA'd the drone i only sent the drone, the gimble stabiliser, gimble cover with rubber cover and box nothing else.

Still working well FlameBoy?   Also I'm assuming you sent what you listed above in the actual Mavic retail box for the RMA?
2017-1-25
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-25 08:04
I'm sure your aircraft will be just fine.

Probably not.  I ordered on the 22nd during the 3-5 day shipping Window posted by DJI.  Now the site says 15-20 days but I received the email below stating March.  Seriously thinking about cancelling and moving over to the other company.  I hate to be that guy but every release seems to met with chaos and unachievable release dates.     

Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for your order.
Due to unprecedented demand, your order will likely ship within the month of March, 2017. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay.
If you would like to cancel your order, please visit https://store.dji.com and login to your DJI account, then go to My Orders in the User Center and select Refund Order.
Should you have any questions, please contact our dedicated customer support team at onlinesales@dji.com.

Thanks for your time and for shopping with DJI.

The DJI Store
2017-1-25
Use props
Carey-L
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20390 ft
United States

The Roach Posted at 2017-1-25 15:25
Probably not.  I ordered on the 22nd during the 3-5 day shipping Window posted by DJI.  Now the site says 15-20 days but I received the email below stating March.  Seriously thinking about cancelling and moving over to the other company.  I hate to be that guy but every release seems to met with chaos and unachievable release dates.     

Dear DJI Customer,

I'd like to chime in as well as another user with this same issue.  It's awful scary to see your drone ascending skyward and won't respond.  I didn't notice this the first few times I flew but over the past month it's happened several times.

DjiKen,  I assume you are with DJI.  We would like and deserve to know where we stand on this.  From what I've read this sounds like a hardware issue that DJI is attempting to resolve with firmware.  If you can we can all rejoice.  If you can't we all need RMA's.  I'm OK waiting a bit to see if firmware can resolve it but need to know where engineering is on this so we can all make informed decisions.  For example I have a trip planned and want it fixed by then either way.  I really need answers so I can make a decision on when to pull the trigger and send it in so I get it back in time.

Thanks very much for your response,
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Carey-L Posted at 2017-1-25 16:02
I'd like to chime in as well as another user with this same issue.  It's awful scary to see your drone ascending skyward and won't respond.  I didn't notice this the first few times I flew but over the past month it's happened several times.

DjiKen,  I assume you are with DJI.  We would like and deserve to know where we stand on this.  From what I've read this sounds like a hardware issue that DJI is attempting to resolve with firmware.  If you can we can all rejoice.  If you can't we all need RMA's.  I'm OK waiting a bit to see if firmware can resolve it but need to know where engineering is on this so we can all make informed decisions.  For example I have a trip planned and want it fixed by then either way.  I really need answers so I can make a decision on when to pull the trigger and send it in so I get it back in time.

They are working on it. And yes I'm a full time DJI employee.
If you have a trip planned then contact support and start an RMA and send it in.
That is probably the quickest resolution as it's the Chinese New Year now.

From your IP, you are are not far from the repair center (same day shipping)
Start an RMA, provide me your case# and I will contact the repair shop manager and make sure you get a replacement sent out quickly after your Mavic is received and passed through logistics.
2017-1-25
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-25 09:44
Still working well FlameBoy?   Also I'm assuming you sent what you listed above in the actual Mavic retail box for the RMA?

Hi
Yes it's working a treat. Took it out again yesterday and had a good fly round (30 mins as was on lunch break) using sports, tripod and standard.

No issues what so ever

On my other thread someone posted this
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=2#pid665508

"I had this same issue. I RMA'd my mavic and it turns out that they discovered that the ESC board was faulty. They ended up shipping me a brand new replacement. I would strongly suggest you put in a RMA ticket."

When i RMA'd i just sent the Mavic, box, gimble support bracket and gimble cover. Thats all.
They sent me back loads of extra props, brand new mavic (will with stickers in places as they test it before sending), box, gimble support bracket and gimble cover.
2017-1-26
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

You don't want to be like this guy lol
Looks like he's got the same issue

2017-1-26
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

Only issue i had while filming was it decided to disconnect controller and return to home as you will see in the video (i was stood next to loads of metal so my own fault).

This is my first ever try at filming a game and i should have used tripod mode.
There was just lots of trees.
2017-1-26
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-26 01:39
Hi
Yes it's working a treat. Took it out again yesterday and had a good fly round (30 mins as was on lunch break) using sports, tripod and standard.

If you want to, when you get a chance can you have a look and see what firmware you're on please People are reporting a v 01.03.0300 but assistant shows only v 01.03.0200 to me atm
2017-1-26
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

I've decided to RMA this thing.   I'm tired of waiting.  I haven't flown it in weeks because of this issue.

I'm sure there are posts here that explain, but how do I start the RMA process?
2017-1-26
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-26 07:36
I've decided to RMA this thing.   I'm tired of waiting.  I haven't flown it in weeks because of this issue.

If you go to the main dji site, hit the support tab and go to online repairs. Once there, sign in and follow the instructions. I also found it helpful to use the online chat function although I'm no RMA'ing just yet as there seems to be a firmware update imminent. Let us know how you got on and if DJI lets you know what the issue is  
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

You can start the RMA process by calling 818-235-0789 or use the support page http://www.dji.com/support/product#group-mavic

I do believe firmware will address it but feel free to send it in and provide me the ticket # and I will make sure you are sent out a replacement in a timely manner after your Mavic is received and gone through logistics.
2017-1-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just as soon as the mail man picks up your mavic DJI will release a firmware fix. It happened to me with my first p4
2017-1-26
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-26 09:22
You can start the RMA process by calling 818-235-0789 or use the support page http://www.dji.com/support/product#group-mavic

I do believe firmware will address it but feel free to send it in and provide me the ticket # and I will make sure you are sent out a replacement in a timely manner after your Mavic is received and gone through logistics.

Dang it.   Ok now I'm thinking of waiting again.   I'd really rather keep my otherwise perfect Mavic rather than risk introducing further errors.    I think I'll wait a little longer.
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-26 12:09
Dang it.   Ok now I'm thinking of waiting again.   I'd really rather keep my otherwise perfect Mavic rather than risk introducing further errors.    I think I'll wait a little longer.

Totally up to you.
2017-1-26
Use props
William_A
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319514 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-19 14:13
Glad you got another one sent to you in a timely manner.

Hi DJI-Ken

After tagging you a few days ago, my case moved along and the sent me a code to re-order the Mavic. I did so and that was  nearly 10 days ago. I was told it would ship within 3-5 days. Chat support is being unhelpful (everyday I chat with them and they say it will ship today/tomorrow but then the next day the same scenario).

For a month I had a grounded Mavic till I sent it in Dec 28th, and now it has been nearly a month and still without a Mavic. Any help would be appreciated!

I can PM you the new order #
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

William_A Posted at 2017-1-26 13:06
Hi DJI-Ken

After tagging you a few days ago, my case moved along and the sent me a code to re-order the Mavic. I did so and that was  nearly 10 days ago. I was told it would ship within 3-5 days. Chat support is being unhelpful (everyday I chat with them and they say it will ship today/tomorrow but then the next day the same scenario).

I'm sorry about that.
I responded to your request.
2017-1-26
Use props
William_A
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319514 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-26 14:09
I'm sorry about that.
I responded to your request.

Thank you Ken. Any help is appreciated - at this point even sending me back the defective unit would do (I can just keep VPS off until a FW addresses it).
2017-1-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

William_A Posted at 2017-1-26 15:07
Thank you Ken. Any help is appreciated - at this point even sending me back the defective unit would do (I can just keep VPS off until a FW addresses it).

I've got some people working on it, I'll PM you when I get more information.
2017-1-26
Use props
fansb91b7a5e
New

United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-1-6 00:23
But I'm sure you'd feel very differently if it happened the first time while you were filming a beautiful shot through a forest trail with over-hanging branches, and your Mavic suddenly ascended into the trees and crashed. Or if it started to descend and before you were able to realize what exactly was happening, it had descended behind a tree, building, or whatever and you lost sight of the aircraft, possibly even losing signal.

My point is, I don't think it does anybody any good to down-play the potential hazards of an aircraft that could ascend or descend on its own without user input. No matter how good or prepared you are, there are situations where things could end badly. Aircraft malfunctions should always be taken seriously.

This actually did happen to me. The Mavic suddenly veered sideways and quickly rose into the trees, crashed and tore the gimbal loose. It is at DJI now and I just got a response that it would be repaired under Refresh for the $79 fee. I wonder if I should just go ahead and pay it or quibble with them?
2017-1-27
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

i just received my mavic on Jan 24th. It came with FW 01.03.0300. So far I have only flown it indoors a few times and i had no issue with landing, My VPS and all sensors were on. Hopefully all these horror stories i hear about the mavic getting a mind of its own, spinning in circles, not responding to control input etc are resolved VERY SOON... Loss of control is the last thing you want with a flying aircraft..Whats the point of all those 24 computing cores and redundant sensors if it still do basic flight!
2017-1-27
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-26 01:39
Hi

Hey Flameboy!

Can you check your firmware on the replacement drone they sent you?   Is it  FW 01.03.0300?
2017-1-27
Use props
Delsonrus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4096877 ft
United States

Just received my Mavic back after initiating RMA. Well it's not exactly mine since serial number is different on both Mavic and its remote. So I guess they just exchanged it, although my case says 'logic board replacement'. Anyways, today was my first test flight and everything seemed to be fine. No more VPS glitches
2017-1-27
Use props
JoostBoZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545948 ft
Singapore

Delsonrus Posted at 2017-1-27 22:00
Just received my Mavic back after initiating RMA. Well it's not exactly mine since serial number is different on both Mavic and its remote. So I guess they just exchanged it, although my case says 'logic board replacement'. Anyways, today was my first test flight and everything seemed to be fine. No more VPS glitches

Can you check the firmware on your replaced Mavic? Just curious...
2017-1-27
Use props
JoostBoZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545948 ft
Singapore

I started a case with DJI support and provided them with my own analysis of the log from a flight I did today where the VPS issue surfaced very quickly after take off. For the sake of this thread, I included the screenshots of my own analysis to this post as well.

I'll probably send it in after Chinese New Year, but the support crew has been so far very nice and helpful, but I still hope a firmware update will fix it before I send it off for replacement.

VPS issue analysis (1 of 4)

VPS issue analysis (1 of 4)

VPS issue analysis (2 of 4)

VPS issue analysis (2 of 4)

VPS issue analysis (3 of 4)

VPS issue analysis (3 of 4)

VPS issue analysis (4 of 4)

VPS issue analysis (4 of 4)
2017-1-27
Use props
JegerLars
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3773 ft
  • >>>
Japan

William_A Posted at 2017-1-26 15:07

Im in the "hardware camp" as to cause of the problem.
Sent the unit in for repair.
They quickly established that it is indeed a hardware problem with the VPS.
I am now receiving a new drone.

There is no software problem. No point in waiting around for R&D to come up with a solution.
Best regards.
2017-1-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JegerLars Posted at 2017-1-27 23:56
Im in the "hardware camp" as to cause of the problem.
Sent the unit in for repair.
They quickly established that it is indeed a hardware problem with the VPS.

I'm in the "software camp" at this moment but if there's no software fix by the end of next week I'm going to jump over to the hardware camp and send it in for repair.
2017-1-28
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-1-28 06:14
I'm in the "software camp" at this moment but if there's no software fix by the end of next week I'm going to jump over to the hardware camp and send it in for repair.

Me too R&L.   I've been pretty much dead in the water for a month.  NOT a pleasant way to spend $1000.
2017-1-28
Use props
Dragonfly Photo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5409711 ft
  • >>>
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-28 20:01
Me to R&L.   I've been pretty much dead in the water for a month.  NOT a pleasant way to spend $1000.

With as often as the firmware updates were coming out at first they must really be working on fixing this issue since they have not released anything recently.

At least that is my hope
2017-1-29
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Dragonfly Photo Posted at 2017-1-29 08:49
With as often as the firmware updates were coming out at first they must really be working on fixing this issue since they have not released anything recently.

At least that is my hope

There are reports of new Mavics with firmware v 01.03.0300, however, latest firmware in assistant 2 is v 01.03.0200....
2017-1-29
Use props
Dragonfly Photo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5409711 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPurvis Posted at 2017-1-29 11:11
There are reports of new Mavics with firmware v 01.03.0300, however, latest firmware in assistant 2 is v 01.03.0200....

Really hoping a software fix does it as I just wrapped mine in some nice vinyl.
2017-1-29
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-27 13:22
Hey Flameboy!

Can you check your firmware on the replacement drone they sent you?   Is it  FW 01.03.0300?

Hi im on version 01.03.0300. My batteries are on 01.03.0200
2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules