Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro will NOT descend unless VPS turned off.
43886 673 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jan_Leh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3333 ft
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-23 09:40
You don't need to wait 3 months for a replacement.
I've forwarded your case# on and hope you receive a replacement soon.

Hi DJI-Ken,

tommorow it will be 4 weeks ago that we have sent my Mavic due a warranty case (defect VPS sensor) to DJI Germany for replacement. Until today, we did not get any feedback or message about the current status. This is more than frustrating. We paid 1200€ for a faulty Mavic and the customer service is a joke. What is the problem of send us the replacement? Can you please explain why there is no communication at all???? It is getting really embarrassing for us. Our students are starting to make jokes about your company and customer service...
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jan_Leh Posted at 2017-3-6 11:03
Hi DJI-Ken,

tommorow it will be 4 weeks ago that we have sent my Mavic due a warranty case (defect VPS sensor) to DJI Germany for replacement. Until today, we did not get any feedback or message about the current status. This is more than frustrating. We paid 1200€ for a faulty Mavic and the customer service is a joke. What is the problem of send us the replacement? Can you please explain why there is no communication at all???? It is getting really embarrassing for us. Our students are starting to make jokes about your company and customer service...

I am sorry, what is your case# and I will research to see what is going on.
2017-3-6
Use props
Jan_Leh
lvl.1
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-6 11:26
I am sorry, what is your case# and I will research to see what is going on.

Our case number is CAS-430060-J2T4S9. In two weeks we will start a new projects with our students where the Mavic was intented to be used. We really need the replacement or the repaired Mavic...
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

nicjames Posted at 2017-3-2 18:01
It's been rainy so I have not had many chances to fly after the firmware upgrade but I'm having much better luck with VPS on now. When I'm over evergreen trees or in darker rooms for example it does not rise or get touchy/defiant. I took the opportunity to calibrate after the firmware upgrade which for some reason I had to do twice, once over the DJI Assistant App and once again via the phone/controller. I think this is because I could only do the drone itself through the app?

I also took that opportunity to calibrate the drone using DJI Assistant, and after that for the first time ever pre-flight I was asked to calibrate the compass. I did that and all is quite well. Now I can focus on my own skills! Happy flying!

Glad it works well for you
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Jan_Leh Posted at 2017-3-7 22:16
Our case number is CAS-430060-J2T4S9. In two weeks we will start a new projects with our students where the Mavic was intented to be used. We really need the replacement or the repaired Mavic...

I can see in your case notes that it was repaired and test flown today and in quality control.
I'm thinking it should be coming back to you soon.
2017-3-8
Use props
JoostBoZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545948 ft
Singapore

I initially saw some really good movement of the repair progress of my Mavic (i.e. within a week after shipment back to DJI the Mavic was repaired and being tested).

However, since Monday the status is stuck at 'Shipment in preparation' (which only should take 1 business day). The shipment company field is completed (DHL) but no further details were provided.

@DJI-Ken: can I ask you once more to poke around and get this repair case closer to completion?

Case: CAS-425190-P4H5N0
2017-3-8
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13750 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-18 09:46
I'm sorry you're returning it but understand. You can supply the serial number and I'll forward to R&D.

Here's something interesting, after returning my Mavic to my point of sale, they then tested the drone in thier testing center and I got an email saying the the drone is fully working after an upgrade.... I'd already done the upgrade. I'm confused as I thought that .004 was the fix but here the Mavic sits with .005. BTW it's the same drone as it's got the same serial number

On startup there are few errors that said the ultrasonics needed a calibration. So I performed a VPS calibration, which is something I couldnt do before and I guess it's worked....

It's also asking for a firmware upgrade, which is odd..... it's already on the latest firmware

Totally confused by it all
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

JoostBoZ Posted at 2017-3-8 16:07
I initially saw some really good movement of the repair progress of my Mavic (i.e. within a week after shipment back to DJI the Mavic was repaired and being tested).

However, since Monday the status is stuck at 'Shipment in preparation' (which only should take 1 business day). The shipment company field is completed (DHL) but no further details were provided.

If you do not reply to one of my posts then I will not see your post.
I'll look into your case#.
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

iPurvis Posted at 2017-3-9 09:33
Here's something interesting, after returning my Mavic to my point of sale, they then tested the drone in thier testing center and I got an email saying the the drone is fully working after an upgrade.... I'd already done the upgrade. I'm confused as I thought that .004 was the fix but here the Mavic sits with .005. BTW it's the same drone as it's got the same serial number

On startup there are few errors that said the ultrasonics needed a calibration. So I performed a VPS calibration, which is something I couldnt do before and I guess it's worked....

004 was the fix, 005 is another update.
See after a few flights if it still says update required. You can sync your flight records and delete/reinstall the app and it should make it go away.
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

JoostBoZ Posted at 2017-3-8 16:07

I see it's only been since last night that you were sent an email saying it's been shipped and they included the tracking#.
You should have it today.
Capture.JPG
2017-3-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPurvis Posted at 2017-3-9 09:33

I was going to say something before purvis but you had already returned it for repair but anyway as you know I had VPS issues the same as you but when I did the update it solved them but after the update I was getting error like you and it took about 4 reboots of the mavic , controller and app, finally the errors went away. So by the time DJI got your drone they prolly didn't have to do anything to it only restart it? Maybe not?? I hope all goes well for you and your mavic, mine has been solid.
2017-3-9
Use props
Carey-L
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20390 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-28 07:24
I don't know about the $79 refund, I've sent another message inquiring about it.

Any Update?
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I sent the repair shop a message asking for an update.
2017-3-9
Use props
JoostBoZ
lvl.2
Singapore

Thanks for the update DJI-Ken! Once I get the Mavic back today, it means that the total repair process (from the day that I sent it back to DJI, to the moment that I got it back) took 2 weeks. This definitely beats my expectations (reading some experiences here). Great!

I'll obviously report back on my experiences with the repaired Mavic after a few flights this weekend. @DJI-Ken: thanks for your support!
2017-3-9
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-3-9 11:38
I was going to say something before purvis but you had already returned it for repair but anyway as you know I had VPS issues the same as you but when I did the update it solved them but after the update I was getting error like you and it took about 4 reboots of the mavic , controller and app, finally the errors went away. So by the time DJI got your drone they prolly didn't have to do anything to it only restart it? Maybe not?? I hope all goes well for you and your mavic, mine has been solid.

I thought the .004 was the fix and apparently it was, as you said I did a few reboots and tried the calibrations only for it to fail all the time on the vision/vps calibration. a factory reset didn't achieve anything and finally I thought it was time to do an RMA. After seeing a few other issues with the camera etc with other pilots I thought it best just to get a refund from my reseller. Of course they wanted to test it before refunding £1099 and I received an email saying they'd done a firmware update and all was fine so no refund. Hence my confusion. I did some indoor flying today when I received it and all seems ok, even with the errors which have gone and the only thing I've done is the update as I thought it might be a battery/controller issue and all seems fine although I've not yet flown the Mavic
2017-3-9
Use props
JoostBoZ
lvl.2
Singapore

Received back my Mavic yesterday after being away for repair of the faulty VPS. Repair process took exactly 2 weeks, which was faster than expected and overall the information I received either from DJI itself or from DJI-Ken was great. Hence, the repair process experience was much better than I anticipated.

Now the most important question: "Is the faulty VPS really repaired?" Well, I just did a full approx. 20 minutes test flight, and I didn't had the VPS issue anymore! Great! Finally after having my Mavic since January, I was able to test out the great features like ActiveTrack and others.

Thank you DJI! As a matter of appreciation, I attached a nice photo that I took during this morning's test flight.
IMG_3982.JPG
2017-3-10
Use props
Jan_Leh
lvl.1
Germany

JoostBoZ Posted at 2017-3-10 18:06
Received back my Mavic yesterday after being away for repair of the faulty VPS. Repair process took exactly 2 weeks, which was faster than expected and overall the information I received either from DJI itself or from DJI-Ken was great. Hence, the repair process experience was much better than I anticipated.

Now the most important question: "Is the faulty VPS really repaired?" Well, I just did a full approx. 20 minutes test flight, and I didn't had the VPS issue anymore! Great! Finally after having my Mavic since January, I was able to test out the great features like ActiveTrack and others.

My repaired Maic arrived too and no more VPS problems so far. I am happy, finally I have a working Mavic. Thanks ;)
2017-3-11
Use props
Jit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536768 ft
Singapore

Happy to report that my drone returned on Thursday and the VPS problem has been fixed!
2017-3-17
Use props
Professor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28780 ft
United States

I'm having the same VPS issue with my mavic, I have only had it for a few weeks. What do I need to do to have the issue resolved?
2017-3-29
Use props
CaptainMel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having a very similar problem, but ONLY in the Ground Station Pro app - my VPS seems to function perfectly in DJI GO 4:   Just finished the fourth test mission today with Mavic Pro and GS Pro, and sorry to report that after three successful GSP flights the fourth got very buggy at end.  This was a 96 waypoint flight (mapping), at 97m altitude. Successfully completed all the shots, and entered RTH mode automatically at end.  However, it ignored the 67m RTH altitude set in GSP and proceeded to ascend even higher--really high, past my max alt.  I finally got it to reverse the ascent by repeatedly using sticks, and pressing the pause button.  However, it refused to really abort the RTH at the crazy altitude.  As long as I kept the LS 100% down, I could manage to keep it coming back to me.  Once I got it close to home and let up on the LS, it immediately started to ascend again. I eventually ended up with it hovering at about 3 m, and it refused to land.  It finally obeyed the stick when the battery fell below 15%.   Yes, I checked the GSP mission settings and the 67m RTH altitude is there.  Also, satellites were at 15, and all signals were at full strength.  No interference warnings, low wind, and battery levels were great on the iPad and the controller.  When RTH started, I still had 37% on the battery.  No physical damage at all to the Mavic (I've been very lucky learning to fly this). Sad, as I have been thrilled with the Mavic all week and was having zero issues with the manual and special flight modes.  Using an iPad Air 2 while running GSP, and and iPhone 7+ for everything else.   
2017-3-30
Use props
fans16b1ee0d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158632 ft
Australia

Having the same issue with mine...

1. Using TapFly mode to fly at a constant 200M
2. "Ground collision avoidance active" keeps pushing the drone up to 250m+
3. Tap down to issue descend command results in error message "Cannot enter TapFly" aircraft flying too low
4. VPS red

2017-4-2
Use props
Kossowski
lvl.1
Poland

Hi DJI-Ken, I had a VPS sensor issue right out of the box. The Upgrade and calibration hasn’t help me. I want to have my Mavic repaired fast, and I sent it to DJI Niederlauer Germany immediately, after receiveing the address from DJI Service Center. My case is: CAS-550061-N5D6F6. And after I have sent it via UPS I received Case Details, which I should have placed inside The package.. What should I do now ? Can You help me please ?
Obviously there’s my personal data on the package.
Best regards,
Marcin Kossowski

2017-4-4
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So, an interesting development happened today. VPS problem has returned.... Was the error fixed by tweaking the firmware to hide a hardware issue? Forgive me for being suspicious but why would this error return if the firmware was the fix....

I'm gonna do all the things I did last time, full recalibration of everything, firmware refresh and full factory reset but I suspect, as I have done all along that this remains an hardware issue
2017-5-7
Use props
MDL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23091 ft
Australia

Righto - i'm in Australia and my Drone has this issue, it's under 7 days old so. Under our laws, i should just take it back and get it exchanged?

Have a video of the major fault. Just keeps going up and the VPS says 0.2-0.5m, don't the calibration, no fix, worked for 10 =15 min, got a 10 min flight out no issue. Wondering if it's something to do with the heat of the unit? pulling straws now.

MDL
2017-6-27
Use props
fans10f8f944
New
Flight distance : 311667 ft
United States

I lost my Mavic pro on vacation in Cuba because of this issue. I bought it for just for this trip, spent weeks learning and practicing flying and was excited to create a film documenting my vacation.

I made several successful flights in Cuba, captured great footage and it's all lost on the SD card inside my Mavic which I spent extra money on for more storage.

It crashed when I was returning to the home point to land. The auto landing bug kicked in at a high altitude and a few hundred feet away. I had no idea what was going on and the battery was dying quick. I started attempting to descend  well before it would have reached the home point. It would not descend and finally the battery died and I lost it only 79 feet away from the home point. I searched for hours but could not find it due to trees and thick bushes in the area.

This was a once in a lifetime trip and this outcome made me sick. I had no control over it and if this defect didn't kick in I would have my drone right now. i would have been able to descend very quickly and land it safely. But because of the bug it was stuck in the air while the battery slowly died. And now I owe over $1000 for a piece of faulty equipment that I don't even possess anymore.
2017-7-2
Use props
fans7dbc0f07
New
United Kingdom

I'm also having this problem,  no one at DJI seems very helpful over it
2017-7-10
Use props
Rushmed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108081 ft
Germany

Hello DJI-Ken,

got a replacement Mavic from DJI Germany and now I am also facing this issue.
CAS was CAS-856155-Y1K3P3
What to do now? Should I contact DJI refering to this CAS or should I start a new warranty repair request?
Or is there any other solution?

Thanks in further
2017-8-18
Use props
djiuser_HmoVNyF
New
United States

Hello DJI-Ken,

Has DJI given up on fixing this "Mavic Pro will NOT descend unless VPS turned off" problem?  I bought a Mavic Pro in July this year and updated to the latest FW and it has the same problem.  The problem happens every time I try to descend from any altitude above about 50 feet.  I see the last post from you on this thread was March 9th.  Are you still at DJI?  What's going on with fixing this serious problem?
Thanks,
Dan
2017-9-3
Use props
fans672eb90c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6774560 ft
United States

Any resolution? I'm having the same problem.
2017-9-24
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yup turn off "landing protection" in vps section in app. I have been saying this for ages that setting is super buggy and I hate it. turn it off and you will have no problem I think what it does is it keeps trying to scan for what's underneath it and the bug kicks in
2017-9-24
Use props
fansf6a54918
New
Trinidad and Tobago

My mavic has started drifting unusually. Normally it is solid on spot . I brought it inside thinking it may be the wind. My living room is spacious 60x60 feet 35ft high. Sufficient to fly a drone.As soon as the drone was powered on it started ascending ,rapidly at takeoff then kept slowly raising. NO input form rc. It refused to stop or take any instruction from the remote!! I tried my best to toggle the sticks down to get it to land. nothing. I think I shat myself seeing $1000 lose control. How did the drone make it down? props hit the ceiling and mavic came tumbling down. tried my best to catch while holding the remote, sadly the butt of the mavic got a little dent still- everything else is fine thank god. I suspect its the same VPS issue experiencing by all the other users.  As much as I want to RMA the mavic I need it to record my proposal in a few weeks!!!! Can you guys advise how much functionality is lost with the VPS disabled?  the mavic is my first drone and the only features I really use is the  orbit , return to home option and the auto landing. Would it still be okay to use safely  (those using it without vps)? . I do have the latest firmware and it still behaves erratically (drifts /random ascends) (1.04.0000 ). I am scared I go outside with it an the mavic flies to the sun and I cant stop it .
2017-10-25
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fansf6a54918 Posted at 2017-10-25 07:13
My mavic has started drifting unusually. Normally it is solid on spot . I brought it inside thinking it may be the wind. My living room is spacious 60x60 feet 35ft high. Sufficient to fly a drone.As soon as the drone was powered on it started ascending ,rapidly at takeoff then kept slowly raising. NO input form rc. It refused to stop or take any instruction from the remote!! I tried my best to toggle the sticks down to get it to land. nothing. I think I shat myself seeing $1000 lose control. How did the drone make it down? props hit the ceiling and mavic came tumbling down. tried my best to catch while holding the remote, sadly the butt of the mavic got a little dent still- everything else is fine thank god. I suspect its the same VPS issue experiencing by all the other users.  As much as I want to RMA the mavic I need it to record my proposal in a few weeks!!!! Can you guys advise how much functionality is lost with the VPS disabled?  the mavic is my first drone and the only features I really use is the  orbit , return to home option and the auto landing. Would it still be okay to use safely  (those using it without vps)? . I do have the latest firmware and it still behaves erratically (drifts /random ascends) (1.04.0000 ). I am scared I go outside with it an the mavic flies to the sun and I cant stop it .

Can you guys advise how much functionality is lost with the VPS disabled?

With VPS disabled -- or in conditions when it's ineffective (due to darkness or lack of a detectable "pattern" below) -- the Mavic will drift around a bit horizontally while hovering. With VPS disabled it also won't pause just above the ground before landing but will descend for as long as you continue to pull the throttle back until it reaches the ground -- and it can hit pretty forcefully depending on how much negative throttle is applied.
2017-10-25
Use props
Roman939
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369974 ft
Russia

Помогите решить эту проблему с mavic 2 pro, проблема с модулем VPS  https://yadi.sk/i/43Q3wd08aE9wPw
1.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-05-23 at 12.09.14.jpeg
WhatsApp Image2.jpeg
1.jpeg
2019-6-13
Use props
Roman939
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369974 ft
Russia

https://app.airdata.com/share/bNXoja
2019-6-13