Mavic Pro will NOT descend unless VPS turned off.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPurvis Posted at 2017-2-6 10:03
What I said is that I suspected there maybe a link between the mavic heating up and the VPS.

I've already contacted support, did you not read my post? I said twice that I've contacted support, I also said that I did not mention any heat issues, as I don't believe the issue I have is about heat but about the VPS issue. Because, the Mavic flying off into space is my problem and not the thing heating up....

The heatsink getting burning hot has nothing to do with the VPS.
There is firmware coming, I don't know when. So for others besides you, they can send them in or wait for firmware.
For you, you need to send it in as there's a cooling issue with your.
Again, the heatsink getting hot has noting to do with the VPS error.
2017-2-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPurvis Posted at 2017-2-6 07:42
Ok, Just as a small experiment, turn your mavic on and leave it till the fan turns on, literally the minute the fans turns on have a feel of the heat sink and report back

I just did the heat sink/ fan test. Here are my results, fan took 4 minutes 10 seconds to turn on and the heat sink was 110 degree Fahrenheit. After the fan turned on temperature started dropping. I could feel warm air coming out the back, so the fan is working good so I'm going to wait for firmware fix. ( I use an IR temperature gun)
2017-2-6
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13750 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-6 10:16
The heatsink getting burning hot has nothing to do with the VPS.
There is firmware coming, I don;t know when. So for others besides you, they can send them in or wait for firmware.
For you, you need to send it in as there's a cooling issue with your.

Avoid the question again....

Don't worry I won't ask it again as I understand your silence on the subject speaks volumes
2017-2-6
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-2-6 10:21
I just did the heat sink/ fan test. Here are my results, fan took 4 minutes 10 seconds to turn on and the heat sink was 110 degree Fahrenheit. After the fan turned on temperature started dropping. I could feel warm air coming out the back, so the fan is working good so I'm going to wait for firmware fix. ( I use an IR temperature gun)

Thank you, I've just performed the same, my fan came on at 3 mins 18 seconds. with a 42 degree centigrade, basically the same results as you
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

iPurvis Posted at 2017-2-6 10:31

Don't worry I won't ask it again as I understand your silence on the subject speaks volumes

I've answered your question already.
2017-2-6
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-6 11:09
I've answered your question already.

I must have missed it or misunderstood your answer could you show me where the answer is to the question:

"why are DJI asking Mavics to be sent it for RMA when there is a firmware fix for the VPS issue"
2017-2-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

iPurvis Posted at 2017-2-6 11:05
Thank you, I've just performed the same, my fan came on at 3 mins 18 seconds. with a 42 degree centigrade, basically the same results as you

The only variable I didn't mention that the inside temperature at the time was 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
2017-2-6
Use props
Alex SP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112549 ft
Brazil

iPurvis Posted at 2017-2-6 11:19
I must have missed it or misunderstood your answer could you show me where the answer is to the question:

"why are DJI asking Mavics to be sent it for RMA when there is a firmware fix for the VPS issue"

It means you have the option. Just that. Either send it in, or wait for the FW fix. Whichever suits you better or makes you feel more comfortable about the issue.
2017-2-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

iPurvis Posted at 2017-2-6 10:31

DJI has an obligation to repair defective items under warranty but because the firmware fix is not ready for release there only option is to RMA defective mavics and to repair them the only way they can by replacing the core board. I still think that there a firmware fix in the near future.
2017-2-6
Use props
sukoshi
lvl.2

France

iPurvis Posted at 2017-2-6 04:04
As suspected, Thanks for sharing.....

The core board is what is replaced in Mavics that have overheated. Although, I'm not sure why, I've never seen an error within the app to tell me the Mavic is too hot.

Please note that despite what stated in the repair form, i just realized that DJI sent a brand new device.

I had to register it, and some of the little scratches here and there (arms / feet) just disappeared, while the protective stickers i removed back in november when i received one reappeared.

That's magic ;)

So, i'm more than happy with the service DJI provided on my case, with help from either Ken or Mindy (who are not my user support team, since i'm based in Europe). Anyway, it tooks a few weeks to have the support understand and realize the issue, but once proven i had a fixed aircraft back in the mail (even if actually, i would have been as much happy if they only changed the faulty core board).

I presume my previous aircraft will be fixed and will go into the refurbished pool for DJI care users.
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

iPurvis Posted at 2017-2-6 11:19

People experiencing the VPS issue can send it in or wait for firmware, the choice up to them.
If it currently is not operating as it should then DJI asks to send it in and they will repair/replace it. Since firmware is not out yet, they can't say update the firmware and it will resolve it.
But in your case since you said the heatsink it burning your finger when you touch it, please send it in for that issue. And while it;s in repair they may repair or exchange it to resolve that and the VPS.
It's not that hard to understand is it?
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sukoshi Posted at 2017-2-6 11:43
Please note that despite what stated in the repair form, i just realized that DJI sent a brand new device.

I had to register it, and some of the little scratches here and there (arms / feet) just disappeared, while the protective stickers i removed back in november when i received one reappeared.

I'm glad you got taken care of, thanks for posting.
2017-2-6
Use props
sukoshi
lvl.2

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-6 11:51
I'm glad you got taken care of, thanks for posting.

You were of great help, assistance, and listening. Thanks to YOU
2017-2-6
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-6 11:51
People experiencing the VPS issue can send it in or wait for firmware, the choice up to them.
If it currently is not operating as it should then DJI asks to send it in and they will repair/replace it. Since firmware is not out yet, they can't say update the firmware and it will resolve it.
But in your case since you said the heatsink it burning your finger when you touch it, please send it in for that issue. And while it;s in repair they may repair or exchange it to resolve that and the VPS.

Aha, I understand, Thank you.

Do we know why it's taking a while to release the firmware as some people that have had thier Mavics returned from RMA with firmware v 01.03.0300. I'm guessing as Mavics are now being shipped with this firmware then should it not be available for general release?
2017-2-6
Use props
fansbcbcf80d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2443947 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hi DJI-Ken. Thanks for the news about upcoming firware. I have this vps issue too. Can you please tell me if GPS issue going to be fixed as i have both vps and gps. Link to the thread http://forum.dji.com/thread-73707-1-1.html?&page=5

Thank you!
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sukoshi Posted at 2017-2-6 12:13
You were of great help, assistance, and listening. Thanks to YOU

No problem, and glad to have helped you.
And thanks again for your patience.
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansbcbcf80d Posted at 2017-2-6 12:27
Hi DJI-Ken. Thanks for the news about upcoming firware. I have this vps issue too. Can you please tell me if GPS issue going to be fixed as i have both vps and gps. Link to the thread http://forum.dji.com/thread-73707-1-1.html?&page=5

Thank you!

The GPS thing was resolved in prior firmware. If you are still experiencing GPS issues, then please contact support. https://www.dji.com/support
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tes_en_20161226.pdf
2017-2-6
Use props
FirstFly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329961 ft
United States

My drone arrived with 1.03.03 on the 18th of January.
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I have conformation from R&D that the new firmware that will fix the VPS will be address the VPS parameters that are too sensitive and giving the errors.
The firmware update will be this month.
2017-2-6
Use props
Jit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536768 ft
Singapore

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-6 18:30
I have conformation from R&D that the new firmware that will fix the VPS will be address the VPS parameters that are too sensitive and giving the errors.

That is great news DJI-Ken! I'll put that RMA request on hold then!
2017-2-6
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like its a bug you should contact the dji support
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FirstFly Posted at 2017-2-6 15:18
My drone arrived with 1.03.03 on the 18th of January.

That's correct.
1.03.03 is identical to 1.02.02.
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Jit Posted at 2017-2-6 18:47
That is great news DJI-Ken! I'll put that RMA request on hold then!

No problem, have a great week.
2017-2-6
Use props
iso7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51066 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the confirmation Ken.  Kinda glad I've been sitting on the RMA for the past week and didn't send in my drone now, as everything else about it seems absolutely fine and it flies perfectly with VPS disabled.  Look forward to the firmware fix soon.
2017-2-7
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

@ken, how about posting a link for the beta version of the new firmware?
2017-2-7
Use props
Dragonfly Photo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5409711 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-2-7 04:21

I like the way you think!
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-2-7 04:21

There is none, the new firmware will be out within a few weeks.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

iso7 Posted at 2017-2-7 04:16
Thanks for the confirmation Ken.  Kinda glad I've been sitting on the RMA for the past week and didn't send in my drone now, as everything else about it seems absolutely fine and it flies perfectly with VPS disabled.  Look forward to the firmware fix soon.

Sounds good.
2017-2-7
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Thanks Ken!   Been waiting patiently (at times -- impatiently at other times but mostly patiently) for weeks.    My drone is flawless otherwise.   Can't wait to get that fix.  
2017-2-7
Use props
Jan_Leh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3333 ft
Germany

Hi all,

i just send my Mavic for RMA. Here in Germany it is snowing anyway, so better use the time now for RMA than waiting for the summer. I really hope they will fix the VPS issue or I get a new Mavic like the others sending their faulty Mavics....

I only used the Mavic few times because of the VPS problem. And I really dont see the point to pay 1200€ for a not correct working drone. So, RMA... Yeahhh
2017-2-7
Use props
Richard Mavic p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44797 ft
United States

@ DJI Ken, Great news. I will wait for next software update then.

Question:"This VPS issue has been awarded by DJI since long time ago, 2-3 months already, why they did not fix it on the past firmware updates? Why DJI waited so long until next update to fix this issue? "
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Richard Mavic p Posted at 2017-2-7 10:11
@ DJI Ken, Great news. I will wait for next software update then.

Question:"This VPS issue has been awarded by DJI since long time ago, 2-3 months already, why they did not fix it on the past firmware updates? Why DJI waited so long until next update to fix this issue? "

It's been a few months and less than that when R&D received a few samples to test. Then it takes time for a resolution.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Jan_Leh Posted at 2017-2-7 08:16
Hi all,

i just send my Mavic for RMA. Here in Germany it is snowing anyway, so better use the time now for RMA than waiting for the summer. I really hope they will fix the VPS issue or I get a new Mavic like the others sending their faulty Mavics....

Glad you sent it in. And yes, you paid good money so if the VPS had to be disables to properly fly then there's no reason not to have it fixed.
2017-2-7
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Got a confirmation form support yesterday to wait for the firmware.
2017-2-8
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

iPurvis Posted at 2017-2-8 09:55
Got a confirmation form support yesterday to wait for the firmware.

Did they shed any light on when??
2017-2-8
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-2-8 11:00
Did they shed any light on when??

No, They were unaware of a firmware release and it was only after I emailed and asked for some advice about weather to wait for the firmware or RMA did they become aware of it. Their suggestion was to wait....
2017-2-8
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-6 20:44
That's correct.
1.03.03 is identical to 1.02.02.

So 1.03.03 (which is what mine arrived with on 20 Jan) is the new firmware you're advising will be released within the next month?  
I feel like a guinea pig.......

As it is, I turned off VPS as I like to hand catch for landing but the Mavic kept bouncing back up a few feet when I put my arm up to catch it as it was making its final descent. Which I guess is what you should expect

Ian

2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Wellsi Posted at 2017-2-8 12:00
So 1.03.03 (which is what mine arrived with on 20 Jan) is the new firmware you're advising will be released within the next month?  

No, the new firmware will be out later this month.
2017-2-8
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

Wellsi Posted at 2017-2-8 12:00

Are you using Android or IOS? Android has had the option to disable Landing Protection for a while, so you can leave the VPS on and still easily hand catch. As for IOS, I know the option wasn't there before, but I think I saw a glimpse of it in a recent video, so it's possible they've now introduced the option with the new IOS update a few days ago.
2017-2-8
Use props
nicjames
lvl.1

United States

Later this month! this is promising! I often cannot get my drone to drop, especially in lower light conditions.

Is there a place we can make feature requests? One I have is about how often the warnings pop up. Some of them are common and out of my control and cover precious space on the screen making it unsafe to fly or hard to grab videos or photos at times. I am ok with the warning, just not how often it pops up. One example would be the low-light forward vision warning.

Thanks!
2017-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules