Mavic Pro will NOT descend unless VPS turned off.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlameBoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United States

iPurvis Posted at 2017-1-19 06:35
I see, Just to help me understand, how would that translate to the VPS problem? All the cards I have are fast cards so I'm not sure anything I try out would help with your idea

It doesn't. I thought people using a slower cards like myself had the issue because of this.

I'm unsure how the mavic uses the glued in internal card and how it writes to the internal user card.

The drone has to process the video for all cameras somewhere.
2017-1-19
Use props
iso7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51066 ft
United Kingdom

Had the problem with the bundled sandisk sd card. Also get it with a 64GB Samsung evo sd that I bought for it. And... I also got the VPS prob with no SD card installed.
2017-1-19
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

I'm a little annoyed by the continued lack of information on this problem.    I waited forever to get this drone.   Now I'm waiting forever to get resolution on a major problem.
2017-1-19
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just got a brand new drone back with 8 free props.
2017-1-19
Use props
JegerLars
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3773 ft
  • >>>
Japan

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-19 10:03
Just got a brand new drone back with 8 free props.

Does it work?
2017-1-19
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13750 ft
United Kingdom

good question
2017-1-19
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Great question!   I want to see several flights on that thing before I start the process.
2017-1-19
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Was dark when it turned up. Will take it for a spin tomorrow. Will run it for 1 hour to put it though its paces
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-19 07:48
I'm a little annoyed by the continued lack of information on this problem.    I waited forever to get this drone.   Now I'm waiting forever to get resolution on a major problem.

Sorry, they are working on it.
2017-1-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-19 13:24
Was dark when it turned up. Will take it for a spin tomorrow. Will run it for 1 hour to put it though its paces

Glad you got another one sent to you in a timely manner.
2017-1-19
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-19 14:12
Sorry, they are working on it.

And I very much appreciate it.  
2017-1-19
Use props
Jit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536768 ft
Singapore

So like many others here, I've refreshed my Mavic firmware using DJI Assistant 2, recalibrated the IMU and VPS, but my drone acted up again this morning. No scientific tests done, but I did notice during my first flight in the morning that the VPS did not act up at all till there was about 40%+ battery left in the drone. When I swapped the battery out for a subsequent flight, it started acting up almost immediately. Could it possibly be a heat issue affecting the VPS sensors?
2017-1-19
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

Just been out with the new drone for 50 mins at the place i always fly (swapped all 4 batteries to ensure no issues) .

The drone is flying perfect at the moment. I took it to a good height, switched between sports and regular mode. It was also 5 degrees Celsius out, the sun was low and bright and there was quite a strone wind.

Just need to keep running it for the next week to ensure i still don't get the issue. As i didn't have the issue straight away before.
2017-1-20
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-20 04:51
Just been out with the new drone for 50 mins at the place i always fly (swapped all 4 batteries to ensure no issues) .

The drone is flying perfect at the moment. I took it to a good height, switched between sports and regular mode. It was also 5 degrees Celsius out, the sun was low and bright and there was quite a strone wind.

That is what also concerns me.   I didn't get the issue for the first couple weeks I flew it.    Then it started cropping up very frequently to now being pretty much every flight.   

2017-1-20
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Btw -  when you RMA your drone, what do you send with it?   Do you send it in it's original box?    Do you send it with batteries or without batteries?     
2017-1-20
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13750 ft
United Kingdom

Sweet, glad it's all working, Can you do me a favour and only if you want to? On your next flight point the Mavic into the sun on a few flights for say 20 seconds like you'd be filming a sunset. I mention this cause I have a niggle about the OAS and VPS being linked. My Mavic played up right after I filmed a sunset, another member elsewhere reported doing something similar. I know there's the known issues about sunlight and front facing sensors and I'm not linking that to the VPS problem, I'm just thinking that the hardware that deals with all the sensors is linked and maybe something like strong sunlight can cause a problem

Whatever happens, glad it's all sorted for you
2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Glad the replacement is working great.
They are still working on the resolution.
2017-1-20
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

NomadRT Posted at 2017-1-19 07:48

The best part is... no returns, only exchanges. It's really frustrating to think that if I keep having to send my bird back for RMA that eventually my one year warranty will be up and if my third or forth mavic isn't up to par, I'm stuck with it. I mean how many times will we have to send it back before we run out of warranty and they start charging us for replacements? I'd like to know at what point can we say enough is enough, I want my money back? I've only been able to fly my mavic once since November because I had to RMA it and now I'm just to worried it's gonna have these issues when I'm on vacation next week.
Would it be safe to disable all sensors and fly manually? How about other flight modes? Are they safe to use? I was really hoping for another firmware update before I left...
2017-1-20
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi
When i RMA'd the drone i only sent the drone, the gimble stabiliser, gimble cover with rubber cover and box nothing else.

They sent me back the same but with 8 props and 2 prop bags. Don't send anything else. No batteries, remote, nothing!

The reason i sent the drone was because i thought i had the worse case as i had no visual module files and everyone else had. I was also getting the issue within 30 seconds of take off (which i also hope ).

While flying today i was flying into the sun a lot (loads of glare) for more than 20 seconds as the wind was strong. I also switched so many times from sports to standard while in flight as the wind was strong.

I'll fly the drone a lot more next week to try and break it as i need it to be stable for the events i run.
2017-1-20
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Yeah I now remember your issues with no visual module files.    Definitely warranted an exchange.   

I'm still hopeful that they can fix this in software since it appears they are attempting to do so.    In the meantime I'm watching your experience closely.

2017-1-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

canadianairborn Posted at 2017-1-20 07:00
The best part is... no returns, only exchanges. It's really frustrating to think that if I keep having to send my bird back for RMA that eventually my one year warranty will be up and if my third or forth mavic isn't up to par, I'm stuck with it. I mean how many times will we have to send it back before we run out of warranty and they start charging us for replacements? I'd like to know at what point can we say enough is enough, I want my money back? I've only been able to fly my mavic once since November because I had to RMA it and now I'm just to worried it's gonna have these issues when I'm on vacation next week.
Would it be safe to disable all sensors and fly manually? How about other flight modes? Are they safe to use? I was really hoping for another firmware update before I left...

What is your case number and how many times have you sent your aircraft in?
2017-1-20
Use props
canadianairborn
lvl.3

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-20 11:36
What is your case number and how many times have you sent your aircraft in?

Hi Ken, I sent the Mavic in once (December) and the replacement I received has some manufacturing defects. The wires in both front arms rub and make noise every time they open or close. It appears to be getting worse and possibly pinching them and I've only opened them a few times. (1 flight) It's just a matter of time before they wear out and I get a malfunction like others have reported. (hopefully on the ground and not in the air) I'm taking the risk of bringing it on vacation next week but when I return I will be RMAing it again. My first Mavic had camera focus issues but the wires in the legs were perfect, no rubbing and no noise. I'm just concerned that if I keep receiving faulty Mavics, my warranty will run out and I'll be stuck with a brand new product that's unsafe. I haven't noticed any VPS anomalies in that flight but I'm also worried it will pop up after a few flights like these people are reporting. Any idea when new firmware will be released?  
2017-1-21
Use props
iso7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51066 ft
United Kingdom

@FlameBoy: Thanks for the update/feedback on how your new mavic is performing. Sounds like your RMA and getting it replaced has fixed the VPS issue for you which is good. At least it point to this definitely being a hardware sensor prob. I'm going to submit more logs to support now and begin the RMA process for my mavic. I really want to start flying this drone a lot, but it's impossible at the moment when it just continually tries to land itself all the time.
2017-1-21
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

iso7 Posted at 2017-1-21 06:52
@FlameBoy: Thanks for the update/feedback on how your new mavic is performing. Sounds like your RMA and getting it replaced has fixed the VPS issue for you which is good. At least it point to this definitely being a hardware sensor prob. I'm going to submit more logs to support now and begin the RMA process for my mavic. I really want to start flying this drone a lot, but it's impossible at the moment when it just continually tries to land itself all the time.

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it's fixed.  Mine didn't act up originally for several weeks.
2017-1-21
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-20 09:52
Hi
When i RMA'd the drone i only sent the drone, the gimble stabiliser, gimble cover with rubber cover and box nothing else.

Any further updates?   
2017-1-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

canadianairborn Posted at 2017-1-21 05:55
Hi Ken, I sent the Mavic in once (December) and the replacement I received has some manufacturing defects. The wires in both front arms rub and make noise every time they open or close. It appears to be getting worse and possibly pinching them and I've only opened them a few times. (1 flight) It's just a matter of time before they wear out and I get a malfunction like others have reported. (hopefully on the ground and not in the air) I'm taking the risk of bringing it on vacation next week but when I return I will be RMAing it again. My first Mavic had camera focus issues but the wires in the legs were perfect, no rubbing and no noise. I'm just concerned that if I keep receiving faulty Mavics, my warranty will run out and I'll be stuck with a brand new product that's unsafe. I haven't noticed any VPS anomalies in that flight but I'm also worried it will pop up after a few flights like these people are reporting. Any idea when new firmware will be released?

My front arms make noise to when opening. On mine it's just the wire loom running on the body, not a big deal.
2017-1-21
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-20 09:52
Hi

Any further flights?
2017-1-22
Use props
Jit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536768 ft
Singapore

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-20 06:51
Glad the replacement is working great.
They are still working on the resolution.

DJI-Ken: any word from the engineers yet on what the issue may be? I did notice DJI Sense responding on Flameboy's other thread that they have pinpointed the issue to the sonar and said it will be fixed in the next release. Meaning this could probably be a software issue?
If it is indeed a software issue, I'll just wait it out. If not, I'll be sending the drone in after chinese new year.
2017-1-22
Use props
JoostBoZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545948 ft
Singapore

An update would be helpful as I'm about to start the RMA process as well.
2017-1-23
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

I've just got this from my other thread

"Thanks a lot for providing the log. We analyzd the log data, and the problem was caused by the sonar. It will be fixed in the next release. Thanks again for helping us make mavic better."

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=2#pid661106
2017-1-23
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

AWESOME!    Great news.   Thanks for sharing FlameBoy!
2017-1-23
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-23 05:00
I've just got this from my other thread

"Thanks a lot for providing the log. We analyzd the log data, and the problem was caused by the sonar. It will be fixed in the next release. Thanks again for helping us make mavic better."

The thing that bothers me about that statement is the word "firmware" is missing. I hope he didn't  mean the next batch of mavic being produced?
2017-1-23
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-1-23 07:13
The thing that bothers me about that statement is the word "firmware" is missing. I hope he didn't  mean the next batch of mavic being produced?

That was what was worrying me...hopefully they mean firmware

Update:
Thanks flameboy for all your posts and updates
2017-1-23
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United States

Since getting my replacement drone i have pushed it to it's limits (so much so i've had battery overload issues due to speed lol).

I've been switching between sports and standard. Hovering, flying up and down and just trying to reproduce the issue.

It's working perfect now and i've started to get use to using it for events. Just glad i sent it in for RMA.
2017-1-24
Use props
fansbcbcf80d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2443947 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Bad news for those thinking it will be solved with firmware update...Looks like its a hardware issue and we all have to RMA or drones? Am i right DJI-Ken?
2017-1-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansbcbcf80d Posted at 2017-1-24 06:12
Bad news for those thinking it will be solved with firmware update...Looks like its a hardware issue and we all have to RMA or drones? Am i right DJI-Ken?

Where did you read this?
2017-1-24
Use props
fansbcbcf80d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2443947 ft
  • >>>
Russia

See what FlameBoy wrote few posts earlier. He got his drone back from RMA and it works fine now. So it means that it is a hardware problem, not firmware. If it was a firmware problem then fixing/replacing hardware wont do anything and the problem will still present. Yep?
2017-1-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fansbcbcf80d Posted at 2017-1-24 08:25
See what FlameBoy wrote few posts earlier. He got his drone back from RMA and it works fine now. So it means that it is a hardware problem, not firmware. If it was a firmware problem then fixing/replacing hardware wont do anything and the problem will still present. Yep?

Not necessarily, I'll tell you why, when I received my p4 pro I would get an error message that IMU calibration failed so after researching the issue DJI was recommending that people send there drone in because it was hardware related. About a week later they released a firmware fix. Because the firmware fix for the mavic is not ready then the only option dji has is to have people RMA there drones for repair.
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansbcbcf80d Posted at 2017-1-24 06:12

They are still working on it.
2017-1-24
Use props
Nasscar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 322382 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-24 08:49
They are still working on it.

I just recently received my Mavic and has this issue from day one.

I have to force to auto land.
2017-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules