Mavic Pro will NOT descend unless VPS turned off.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Hmm... I will try to calibrate my VPS tomorrow.   
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

WilliamDJI Posted at 2016-12-27 06:47
Thanks Mindy,

I uploaded the last two flights and sending you the URL via PM

Hi William, our engineers had reviewed your data.
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support". We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Forum link for your case:
2016-12-27
Use props
WilliamDJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319514 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-27 22:28
Hi William, our engineers had reviewed your data.
Please send an e-mail to  with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support". We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:

Thank you Mindy,

Just did!

The engineers didn't mention anything to you re what they found out?

2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

WilliamDJI Posted at 2016-12-29 05:08
Thank you Mindy,

Just did!

You are welcome.
It's probably the ultrasonic hardware issue.
2016-12-28
Use props
fans61b37ad7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

WilliamDJI Posted at 2016-12-26 15:15
If anyone is interested in seeing the symptoms, please see the following video.

Please first read my first post in this thread for full description and all the calibrations done, this is my second mavic and more than 10th dji product this year alone

Don't have my Mavic yet, 3 months wait, but it appears to me that the snow may be the culprit. VPS can't see terrain detail to measure distance from. I'm no expert just an idea to think about.
2016-12-29
Use props
Jan_Leh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3333 ft
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-28 23:38
You are welcome.

Hi Mindy,

does that mean that customers who have this issue with "not descending Mavics" need to send back their drones for repair or can they fix it at home somehow? My Mavic is showing the same problems, so I am flying at the moment with disabled VPS.

Thank you very much for your help.

2016-12-29
Use props
Chazzm
lvl.2

United States

Very strange, as I've not experienced any issues, straight out of the box with no updates installed or anything everyone of my DJI Quadcopters have performed flawlessly! If they need an update they will say so, I do get messages saying updates are available but haven't installed a one as long as everything is doing good I see no need to update unless it's beneficial. I do know the Mavic will decend to about 24" stop for approx 3 seconds then slowly land itself, which is a good thing for me!
2016-12-29
Use props
Jan_Leh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3333 ft
Germany

Chazzm Posted at 2016-12-29 09:02
Very strange, as I've not experienced any issues, straight out of the box with no updates installed or anything everyone of my DJI Quadcopters have performed flawlessly! If they need an update they will say so, I do get messages saying updates are available but haven't installed a one as long as everything is doing good I see no need to update unless it's beneficial. I do know the Mavic will decend to about 24" stop for approx 3 seconds then slowly land itself, which is a good thing for me!

Sure, most of the Mavic owners have a perfect working toy. However there are several pilots with the same "landing" issue, so it seems to be either a hardware or a software problem of some Mavics. So, i dont understand your repost here? Be happy about your perfect working drone ;)  

Again, for us pilots with the landing problems it would be great to hear from DJI Mindy, if we need to send the Mavic for repair/replacement or if we can fix it somehow at home.

2016-12-29
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105558 ft
United Kingdom

You are welcome.

I have exactly the same issue as this. Do i need to open a case?

http://forum.dji.com/thread-77251-1-1.html
2016-12-29
Use props
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

Had this issue with mine and they replaced the aircraft.
2016-12-29
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I have exactly the same issue after updating to thelatest firmware. ...
2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jan_Leh Posted at 2016-12-29 07:29
Hi Mindy,

does that mean that customers who have this issue with "not descending Mavics" need to send back their drones for repair or can they fix it at home somehow? My Mavic is showing the same problems, so I am flying at the moment with disabled VPS.

Could you please upload your flight data as well?
I'm not sure if your Mavic has the same issue. Our engineers will help to review it.
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FlameBoy Posted at 2016-12-29 09:25
I have exactly the same issue as this. Do i need to open a case?

http://forum.dji.com/thread-77251-1-1.html

Hello, I will help to push your case.
Once I get any update, I'll let you know.
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Anthony566 Posted at 2016-12-29 14:18
I have exactly the same issue after updating to thelatest firmware. ...

Could you please upload the flight date to dropbox?
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

2016-12-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm in the same boat, my mavic started doing the same thing out of the blue after many trouble free flights, it looks like there are many mavics with faulty sensors.
2016-12-30
Use props
jet8
New

Hong Kong

Actually, as I know, there's a function called landing protection for mavic, because mavic doesn't have legs like other drones. So, the new way to landing is that pulling down throttle and holding it with seconds.
However, if you don't like this function, you can switch it off in settings.
2016-12-30
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-12-30 03:57
I'm in the same boat, my mavic started doing the same thing out of the blue after many trouble free flights, it looks like there are many mavics with faulty sensors.

Same happened here also
2016-12-30
Use props
BennyBoy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

You are welcome.

I hope it isn't a hardware issue, I don't want not to have my Mavic for any length of time...
2016-12-30
Use props
BennyBoy
lvl.1

United Kingdom

FlameBoy Posted at 2016-12-30 06:15
Same happened here also

Been trying to sort mine out today, recalibrated everything, factory reset and performed all updates again, I REALLY do not want have to send my Mavic back...same symptoms as everyone else.
2016-12-30
Use props
fans940eaa4e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a dumb question but is everyone using DJI GO 4 or the old DJI GO.
2016-12-30
Use props
LoveJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43379 ft
China

It seems that it detects the ground is not safe for landing. Maybe a false alarm. I've met a couple of times. The DJI people told me that the hardware is OK and it may happen in extremely rare cases. They'll improve it in the coming firmware.
2016-12-30
Use props
Riplex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226125 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same problem here..........
2016-12-31
Use props
fans2bf7b762
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21775 ft
United States

Same problem here... only way to come down is to turn off VPS. Drone just keeps rising thinking it's near the ground.
2016-12-31
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Those are many reports in just a few days all at once... I wonder how old everyones Mavic is.
2016-12-31
Use props
JegerLars
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3773 ft
  • >>>
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-30 03:54
Could you please upload the flight date to dropbox?
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

Happy new year everyone!

I did a recalibrate of the VPS sensors (fore and below) and did a test flight today. Normal mode.

The "upwards autodrift/forced autolanding glitch" happened - the drone drifted upwards right into some pine-trees and naturally crashed spectacularly.
So what now DJI? I´ve tried troubleshooting but the drone (if still flyable) is a hazard.

Thanks for any help!
2017-1-1
Use props
fans707604b2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51066 ft
United Kingdom

Hi.  Happy new year.  .
New mavic owner here.  I received my aircraft on 29th, and immediately updated firmware to all components to latest available.  So far I've done several very short test flights and 3 long flights in 2 different locations.  Almost all flights have been affected by this exact problem, where the aircraft doesn't descend properly and keeps trying to land despite being 50 metres up.  I've noticed that despite the altitude displaying correctly, the clearance on the remote regularly shows ~0.1m which is completely wrong.  The clearance reading is generally correct during initial ascent up to about 10 metres, at which point it goes wrong and starts to display 0.1m .  It is worth noting that on one of the many flights the aircraft behaved properly and flew fine.  

I'm not sure whether this is something introduced in the latest firmware or not, as I'm a new owner and only used a single version so far.  I'm hoping that it's not a hardware prob, and the fact that I have had a single flight where the issue never occurred seems to suggest it could be software.

Happy to supply any flight logs.  I will open a case for this separately, but just wanted to chime in here to confirm what many others have been experiencing.
2017-1-1
Use props
fans707604b2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51066 ft
United Kingdom

Should also add that I've done a full recalibration of everything (IMU, VPS via assistant app on PC, compass, gimbal, remote, etc).  Using DJI GO 4 on IOS 10.2.  Made no difference.
2017-1-1
Use props
JegerLars
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3773 ft
  • >>>
Japan

fans707604b2 Posted at 2017-1-1 08:11
Hi.  Happy new year.  .
New mavic owner here.  I received my aircraft on 29th, and immediately updated firmware to all components to latest available.  So far I've done several very short test flights and 3 long flights in 2 different locations.  Almost all flights have been affected by this exact problem, where the aircraft doesn't descend properly and keeps trying to land despite being 50 metres up.  I've noticed that despite the altitude displaying correctly, the clearance on the remote regularly shows ~0.1m which is completely wrong.  The clearance reading is generally correct during initial ascent up to about 10 metres, at which point it goes wrong and starts to display 0.1m .  It is worth noting that on one of the many flights the aircraft behaved properly and flew fine.  

Welcome to the club

I did a new VPS calibration with DJI assistant 2 just now, and did a new test flight, good news is that the drone is a sturdy thing, seems to have survived the crash(only 2 broken propellers). It did not autoland/drift upwards so much now, but I got a message "ambient light too low" (it is now night where I am). I suspect that the VPS does not work in low light.

A google search was fruitless - anyone familiar with this aspect of the VPS?
2017-1-1
Use props
FlameBoy
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Im getting this all the time.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=77251&page=7
2017-1-2
Use props
fans19b053bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34196 ft
United States

Please first read my first post in this thread for full description and all the calibrations done, this is my second mavic and more than 10th dji product this year alone

Thanks for telling us how to get it down, I have not had this issue but if I ever do I will now know what to do.  Big thanks for info.
2017-1-2
Use props
bellcraft
lvl.1
Flight distance : 349905 ft
United States

Yep this is what mine does exactly, regardless of the environment.
2017-1-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

JegerLars Posted at 2017-1-1 08:18
Welcome to the club

I did a new VPS calibration with DJI assistant 2 just now, and did a new test flight, good news is that the drone is a sturdy thing, seems to have survived the crash(only 2 broken propellers). It did not autoland/drift upwards so much now, but I got a message "ambient light too low" (it is now night where I am). I suspect that the VPS does not work in low light.

The manual addresses the VPS at night.
Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 7.54.44 AM.png
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bellcraft Posted at 2017-1-2 11:02

It's been reported, but also make sure you are flying within the VPS limitations that are stated in the manual.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans19b053bf Posted at 2017-1-2 05:07
Thanks for telling us how to get it down, I have not had this issue but if I ever do I will now know what to do.  Big thanks for info.

It's been reported, but also make sure you are flying within the VPS limitations that are stated in the manual.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-2 00:06

2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans19b053bf Posted at 2017-1-2 05:07

Can you get the DAT file and Vision log of that particular flight and upload to Dropbox then post the link here.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bellcraft Posted at 2017-1-2 11:02

Can you get the DAT file and Vision log of that particular flight and upload to Dropbox then post the link here.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

FlameBoy Posted at 2017-1-2 00:06

2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

JegerLars Posted at 2017-1-1 08:18
Welcome to the club

2017-1-3
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-3 07:03

My problems with the mavic VPS didn't start till there was snow on the ground?
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules