Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HellStream
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370771 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi there!

I don´t know if this a real issue but the gimbal is making this "click" sound, everytime i turn it by hand and when i turn the drone on and it makes the camera turns the 90 degree angel and over it.

I think this has something to do with the ribbon cable. The noise is coming from the left side of the gimbal where the ribbon cable goes.

And my other thing. First i really didn´t pay attention to it, because i thought it was normal. But after reading comments etc i figured it out that the internal fan is keeping a quite noise. But if i press very gently the shell it stops buzzing. I made a video about it.

2016-12-24
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
  • >>>
Finland

Anyone? DJI Natalia, can you please read this and give a comment. Should i return my unit?
2016-12-25
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

HellStream Posted at 2016-12-26 00:06
Anyone? DJI Natalia, can you please read this and give a comment. Should i return my unit?

I can't say anything about the gimbal issue, but the fan noise could be the internal fan resting against the inside of the shell. pushing on a part of the shell may be flexing it off the fan. There's a thread here somewhere with pictures of the internal fan (someone actually opened the P4P up to see - a bit silly, but hey...).
2016-12-25
Use props
G Davidson
First Officer
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

Punchbuggy Posted at 2016-12-25 23:29
I can't say anything about the gimbal issue, but the fan noise could be the internal fan resting against the inside of the shell. pushing on a part of the shell may be flexing it off the fan. There's a thread here somewhere with pictures of the internal fan (someone actually opened the P4P up to see - a bit silly, but hey...).
[sorry I meant to reply to the original poster]
If you look carefully at your first video, you can see the ribbon cable creeping into view (in the gap between the gimbal bearing on the left  and camera body) and snapping back into place with a click. Perhaps the cable is folding back over itself before snapping into position.

If that is the case, it would lead to added resistance to movement when the camera is pointing straight down (might even lead to gimbal overload errors in some situations) and also unnecessary wear and tear on the ribbon cable. I wonder if this affects many P4 Pros or if there are variations in how the ribbon is fitted and it only affects some of them.
2016-12-25
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
  • >>>
Finland

This picture tells it all. The ribbon cable is rubbing against the camera body.
2016-12-25
Use props
Tinyhousebasics
lvl.1

United States

Phantom 4 pro gimbal not responding after controller firmware update.

I have about 7 flights on the p4p and after my last flight yesterday I updated the firmware per the apps request. I tried to fly the drone today and zero response from the controller. It will connect and take off but the gimbal just stays linp and you can't raise it up.

Anybody have any suggestions to help fix this issue?

I tried selecting auto calibrate gimble in the settings but it's does not do anything. It was just say "start gimbal calibration 6%, don't move the aircraft' and it will stay on that screen

2016-12-25
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
  • >>>
Finland

Tinyhousebasics Posted at 2016-12-26 03:40

I have about 7 flights on the p4p and after my last flight yesterday I updated the firmware per the apps request. I tried to fly the drone today and zero response from the controller. It will connect and take off but the gimbal just stays linp and you can't raise it up.

Downgrade your firmware and try the gimbal calibration again.
2016-12-25
Use props
Rtheo
New

Netherlands

same issue here, terible fan noise and when pressing on shell it changes...return or keep?
2017-1-10
Use props
Marjanko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647372 ft
Austria

Rtheo Posted at 2017-1-10 02:31
same issue here, terible fan noise and when pressing on shell it changes...return or keep?

Me too. Just unboxed .... turn it on.. and .there it was that terible noise
What to do??
Did you write to DJI ?
2017-1-27
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine is the same way.  Loud fan that gets less loud when you push on it.  Almost like it's slightly touching the case.  I sent a video to DJI and they told me the noise was normal.
2017-1-27
Use props
Marjanko
lvl.2
Austria

I send the video too. I sended my p4p proplus back.
IMG_0137.JPG
2017-1-29
Use props
fans5d92ba28
New

United States

Ok guys I had yhe same problem with the lout fan noise. It seemed as if it was rubbing against something which I believe would lead to early wear and tear issues with the fan. BUT THE NOISE IS NOW GONE! It was a really easy fix too. All you have to do is SLIGHTLY adjust those srews that attach the gimbal cover to the drone. (The gray part). I used a small allen wrench (Size 1.5mm) and tightened them a tiny bit and noticed it did not inprove so I loosened them a TINY TINY BIT AND BOOM! The noise is gone! Let me know if thos helps you all too. I am confident it will.
2017-2-7
Use props
fans5d92ba28
New

United States

Ok guys I had the same problem with the loud fan noise. It seemed as if it was rubbing against something which I believe would lead to early wear and tear issues with the fan. BUT THE NOISE IS NOW GONE! It was a really easy fix too. All you have to do is SLIGHTLY adjust those srews that attach the gimbal cover to the drone. (The gray part). I used a small allen wrench (Size 1.5mm) and tightened them a tiny bit and noticed it did not inprove so I loosened them a TINY TINY BIT AND BOOM! The noise is gone! Let me know if this helps you all too. I am confident it will.
2017-2-7
Use props
Marjanko
lvl.2
Austria

got a brand new dji phantom 4 pro plus.
2017-2-11
Use props
Daniel T
New
Greece

Same issue with P4 advanced. ipPumba@yandex.ru please send me a link to update and instructions. I'm on vacation now and i have only few hours to capture this beautiful place, hope so much that you'll try to help me as soon as possible
2017-8-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

fans5d92ba28 Posted at 2017-2-7 22:41
Ok guys I had the same problem with the loud fan noise. It seemed as if it was rubbing against something which I believe would lead to early wear and tear issues with the fan. BUT THE NOISE IS NOW GONE!  It was a really easy fix too. All you have to do is SLIGHTLY adjust those srews that attach the gimbal cover to the drone. (The gray part). I used a small allen wrench (Size 1.5mm) and tightened them a tiny bit and noticed it did not inprove so I loosened them a TINY TINY BIT AND BOOM! The noise is gone! Let me know if this helps you all too. I am confident it will.

Good eye!  I would keep a check on those screws tho, since vibration could make them work out.
2017-8-29
Use props
rolsch_p4p
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46834 ft
Germany

Tinyhousebasics Posted at 2016-12-25 17:40

Same Problem (solved): update aircraft to 01.04.0602.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... id%3D386&page=1

DJI Support delivered me an beta firm 01.04.0608 and this fixes the problem.
Update comes over the DJI assisst tool and the reg. DJI mail-account...
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules