front light out on mavac
866 8 2016-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans733ac706
lvl.1
Flight distance : 888914 ft
United States

i recieved my mavic pro and it appears that the right front (red light) is not funtioning. what should i do. Ken
2016-12-24
Use props
bigcheese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 403304 ft
Germany

i personaly would thinking of ignoring it.. when you are recording a video they are always off... so if this is your main job of the mavic i would not go the
pain to ship it back... except you have time and weather is bad the next 2 weeks
2016-12-24
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

If this happened a year from now, I probably wouldn't think as much of it but for a brand new device, it should be fully functional.  Yeah, the lights are off when recording but when flying in low light, at a distance or in the dark, those lights an be quite helpful in determining your orientation.  Especially if the DJI Go app has crashed...ask me how I know
2016-12-24
Use props
fans733ac706
lvl.1
United States

colonel00 Posted at 2016-12-24 15:33
If this happened a year from now, I probably wouldn't think as much of it but for a brand new device, it should be fully functional.  Yeah, the lights are off when recording but when flying in low light, at a distance or in the dark, those lights an be quite helpful in determining your orientation.  Especially if the DJI Go app has crashed...ask me how I know

yeah, i think i'm gonna wait and see if it bothers me and see what the cost and the turn around time is. Also, I have a phantom 4 so I am not dead in the water
2016-12-24
Use props
fans733ac706
lvl.1
United States

colonel00 Posted at 2016-12-24 15:33

how do you know?
2016-12-24
Use props
colonel00
lvl.2

United States

Heh, because it happened   I was flying at sunset and only about 200 yards away.  The app crashed so all I had was visual site.  However, with it recording, the front lights are off.  Since I had no video feed, I quickly switched off recording and I could rotate until I saw both red lights and I knew it was facing me.  In lower light situations, having both of those lights will allow you to see which way you are facing.  If you only had one functioning, it would be much more difficult to determine which way it was facing.  Granted, with RTH and other safety measures, you are fairly safe.  However, with reports of unexplainable loss of GPS and switching to ATTI mode, you would want to know the orientation of the Mavic fairly quickly.
2016-12-24
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If everything else is good with it I wouldn't bother sending it back.
You can still see any indications it flashes though you now only have one left so if that goes you are stuck - except the warnings show on app anyway for the most part.
2016-12-25
Use props
040mike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29045 ft
Germany

4wd Posted at 2016-12-25 10:54
If everything else is good with it I wouldn't bother sending it back.
You can still see any indications it flashes though you now only have one left so if that goes you are stuck - except the warnings show on app anyway for the most part.

Why don't You turn the front lights on in the GO 4 / (Android) app? One can select C2 to turn it on/off for instance … btw Merry Xmas to all :-)
2016-12-25
Use props
040mike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29045 ft
Germany

Why don't You turn the front lights on in the GO 4 / (Android) app? One can select C2 to turn it on/off for instance … btw Merry Xmas to all :-)
2016-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules